Home General Discussion

Darksiders II

Replies

• ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anybody playing it yet? I picked it up for 360 this morning, just got to the Makers, and it's bloody gorgeous! Awesome work guys:)
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Everybody go buy this NOW! It is your duty as Polycounters. :P

I'm still waiting for my copy to be delivered...
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Fun game so far. Loving the art. Moar art dumps now everyone!
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    i had it preordered since march, and i did the preload in steam a few days ago (when they put it), but i still can't play it cuz europeans have the launch on august 20th and not 14th.

what i hate the most, is that i saw people already playing the game at onrpg.com... before 14th. It's incredible.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    just hopped on and played a bit. definitely loving it so far. :D
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 14
    Would totally love to play it, but since I'm European I'm diseased or something or a peasant, so I have to wait till the rich kingly North Americans/Canadians have had their go.

(Ps, that was in jest, I know Vigil can't do anything about release date, the game looks sick)

Been avoiding most spoilers and boss battle vids and the like on purpose, can't wait ^^
  • Bbox85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bbox85 polycounter lvl 9
    Just picked the game up! Haven't played it yet (literally just got home), but while I was buying the game I noticed that if you get the strategy guide JFletcher's awesome Crow Temple hammer comes with it! I bought the strategy guide just for that :) Just giving everyone a heads up just in case they're interested in swinging that sweet lookin' beast around! K, enough typing... Ima go play Darksiders II!!!!!!!
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Aww I didn't know there was that big of a release gap. Fingers crossed I'll at least get it a day early.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    getting the collectors edition on ps3 when it's released here in england.
  • Fossil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sucks that England gets it later :( Pre ordered on steam anyway though, never played the first game but the art was amazing.
  • Hang10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just picked it up yesterday night and didn't get much far in but With what I've seen in the early parts of the Makers world it looks gorgeous. I'm playing it on apocalyptic just because :) and the fist weapons are defenitely my faves.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Be sure to get a copy of the strategy guide to get the Fletcher Hammer from the polycount contest!
    Darksiders II Strategy Guide With Jon Fletcher's Hammer!

I'm trying to figure out how to get the other weapons as well.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When I connected my xlive account to my thq account I got an e-mail with links for the Van Der Schmash and Mace Maximus, but only the Van Der Schmash link actually works. The Mace link says I've already received it but that the promotion code isn't yet available
    :(
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    yea Scudz im in the same boat. I got the Van Der Schmash and it appears in my list of redeemed codes, but the Mace Maximus doesn't even show up. I never did get any emails for the Van Der Schmash or Argul's Tomb (for limited edition), but i think thats because i logged into my THQ account on ps3. i did send an email to DS2 Support Team about this and they responded with the following:
    We are going to send an email to all the users who inputted their information on www.Darksiders.com/tomb to confirm that we have received their information and will be sending platform codes when they become available. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours, please go back to the www.Darksiders.com/tomb and enter your information again. If you continue to have issues, please email us again and provide:
    * Name
    * Email Address
    * Code you received in the insert (if applicable)
    * Platform
    * Region

i would imagine this applies for all other DLC
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm, I didn't try the Argul's tomb code since it says it's not out till later in 2012. When I go back to the Van Der Schmash(that name is awesome btw) it says's it's been claimed but still shows the code. Mace say's it's claimed but say's the code isn't yet available. Maybe I should e-mail them about the Mace...
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm looking into it but I think the Mace hasn't been officially released yet. I think they are staggering the release of the community items as rewards. I'll post more once I find something out.

Yeah all of the polycount weapons are named after their creator. I have to say Van Der Schmash is my favorite of the names :)
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you've played and beat the original Darksiders, be sure to go talk to Muria (The Maker Shaman) to pick up Chaos Fang (Made by Adam "onelung" Schuman) and Pauldron of the Horseman that I built.

- BoBo
  • FullSynch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
    How does it know whether or not you have beat the original?

EDIT: Oh achievements. :/ There wouldn't happen to be a way to link a PC version to a console would there?
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks for the achievements on the account your playing with.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool, I was wondering if playing the first game would add anything but had no idea why she gave me those:)
  • Rapante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rapante polygon
    I bloody hate non-worldwide release dates...

"An error occurred while updating Darksiders II (missing encryption key)"

GRRRRRRRRR FU THQ! I want to play! NOW! :D:poly118::poly127::poly114::'(:shifty:
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcH3DY4cItQ&"]Fletcher's Crow Hammer DLC from the Darksiders II Prima Official Guide - YouTube[/ame]
    crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif
  • Twoflower
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^haha looks badass ^^
  • Shiv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiv polycounter lvl 15
    Awesome fletch, it looks really good in game :D:D
  • Rapante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rapante polygon
    hmm I would love to wield that hammer in-game (as it's been my favourite in the whole contest) and I would fork out up to a fiver as dlc for it, but 15€ is a bit much considering I would never use the guide itself :(
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok you can get the Hristo's Axe by going to the Darksiders Facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/Darksiders/app_412080318827801

- BoBo
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    awesome work guys. I just bought it for PC I couldnt stop playing it. I have yet to figure out how to create macros for the special abilities but so far its good!
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Just redeemed my steam Hristo's Axe on steam, yay!

4 days to play the game!!!
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Does the game come with a digital PDF manual?

I still can't figure out certain things which cue on screen, like say the 'Down Arrow' meaning for me to press E to talk to characters and the weird D-Pad thing that pops out in the corner, not to mention if my bird simply shows me the next place to progress the main objectives or does it show hidden too.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Haven't been able to find any copies locally thus far, everyone is sold out. Congrats guys :) to Amazon I go!
  • Kave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kave triangle
    been getting an annoying bug on the PC version sometimes whenever i leave the inventory / map my character just wont move anymore at all, i have to totally reload the game to be able to move, sucks, other than that it's awesome though.
  • Rapante
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rapante polygon
    Found out yesterday that I had been wired some money I made with selling some art prints and since I didn't expect that extra money I bit the bullet and bought that damn guide just for the sake of having Fletcher's hammer... :D and it's been a good choice :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Does the game come with a digital PDF manual?

I still can't figure out certain things which cue on screen, like say the 'Down Arrow' meaning for me to press E to talk to characters and the weird D-Pad thing that pops out in the corner, not to mention if my bird simply shows me the next place to progress the main objectives or does it show hidden too.

This is retarded. I mean they dont tell you the hot key for Dust and half of the stuff like how to set the special skills to your arrow keys in the manual that comes with the game copy, but there is a community of darksiders that you registered to when you install the game, you might ask there and see if that can help you. <.<

For Dust. He will fly and sit around path that leads to the primary quest's waypoint only. If you side track from the quest's waypoint I am not sure if he'll guide you through it. I know this because I either see him randomly sitting somewhere on the edge or flying in circles for the side quest or flying back to the main path leading towards the primary quest, after the cauldron dungeon.
  • NuZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beat it last night on Apoc. So. Many. Puzzles. My head was killing me by the end of the Kingdom of the Dead. Lostlight and Shadow's Edge we're quick and easy though. Finding those power stones is going to be a chore and a half, not to mention the little gnomes. Never bothered with the tombs, only did the first portion of crucible. Plenty more to do. But, no Abyssal Armor Set? Boo.

Anyways, was/still is fun. And the ending...well...safe to say I wasn't surprised who was involved, but I wonder what's going to happen now, and which rider will be next?
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    This is retarded. I mean they dont tell you the hot key for Dust and half of the stuff like how to set the special skills to your arrow keys in the manual that comes with the game copy, but there is a community of darksiders that you registered to when you install the game, you might ask there and see if that can help you. <.<

For Dust. He will fly and sit around path that leads to the primary quest's waypoint only. If you side track from the quest's waypoint I am not sure if he'll guide you through it. I know this because I either see him randomly sitting somewhere on the edge or flying in circles for the side quest or flying back to the main path leading towards the primary quest, after the cauldron dungeon.

Will do, although the bird thing I still don't trust, in the beginning parts, when you're in the Snowy Valley, my stupid spear head of a flying mutton chop bird sat on a rock up high, with a treasure chest right near it, but I can't get to it since my jump to get to said treasure is too small.

Until I decided to forget about it, and instead follow the 'gold/orange' dot on my map, halfway through the bird decided to follow me and show me the path 20 seconds after I arrived.

So either that, a bug, or Vigil is using some complex quantum physical math to fake the AI of a real bird.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    NuZero wrote: »
    Anyways, was/still is fun. And the ending...well...safe to say I wasn't surprised who was involved, but I wonder what's going to happen now, and which rider will be next?

OMG SPOILER
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Will do, although the bird thing I still don't trust, in the beginning parts, when you're in the Snowy Valley, my stupid spear head of a flying mutton chop bird sat on a rock up high, with a treasure chest right near it, but I can't get to it since my jump to get to said treasure is too small.

Until I decided to forget about it, and instead follow the 'gold/orange' dot on my map, halfway through the bird decided to follow me and show me the path 20 seconds after I arrived.

So either that, a bug, or Vigil is using some complex quantum physical math to fake the AI of a real bird.

Press Z once in a while if you see the bird indicator between you and primary quest indicator.

@NuZero: Did you finish all the secondary quests like feed stones to the construct, activate the deactivated construct and so on?
  • POFFINGTON
  • NuZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Nite - Yeah, just got further into the crucible and picked up something I should have guessed about. Wonder if the item level will be better in game+. As for the collectibles, hell no. Need a guide or something for the 34/15/8. No idea where the remaining 15 book of the dead pages are. Found another Gnome. 2 more to go. It is a mess.

edit cause I suck at grammar.
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    Anybody have problems getting codes for the Polycount weapons? I still haven't been able to get it to work.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ What does the error say? Said PC comp items should be in the mailbox at the Maker's Forge, if you have used the code already.

@NuZero: The reason I ask is I am kind of stuck at this boss "Deposed king." just 2 hits me. I am still trying to figure out the macro system on PC (since I had DS1 on PC and setting the skills up was not a problem.) Seriously this boss takes .005 damange while Death is level 12. I just want somewhere to go and farm a bit or do side quests so that I can reach like level 15 to beat this boss. :(

Whoever was working on bosses for this game seriously should consider working for Blizzard's WOW department. x.x
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Playing it on PC. It's pretty awesome! there are some small quirks here and there that annoy me, but i am sure you guys will fix it as the month goes by. For instance, when i go into my inventory, somcetimes it takes up to a minute for it to load and load out of. Sometimes it feels like the game crashes. Then... the shadow resolution is really bad. Same with some of the textures. Hopefully you guys will come with a better draw call, AA, the V Sync still has some tearing, better higher res textures and a more optimized running game.

Apart from that, the game is stunning, and i really like the RPG elements of the game. Very seamless combat, movement and climbing. LOTS OF FUN!

I lost my head in the game..

Pretty tho... some pics of the 1st 2 hrs... barely starting.

I LOVE THE EXPLORATION! i have found places with really tough enemies. I have defeated some... but then there are some that one hit kills me. ITS GREAT! I am level 4 haha

429F4F9359A21E93C57EF89045C16B4A0FA9DF89
    A02DAF964A5758A55C9777D5EE213A5ABCDA46D6
    5AF2320080E36D38A18A5044DA72C2653540BED3
    417019D1059A8DFE26BF35A674F0FD2CEA028528
    E9A1C94E28E0E90A97BCC4D78C98ED6C8A30B2DEBDECAFF2C5EA7046E3812AFB3E78DFE44B70BF39
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    ^ What does the error say? Said PC comp items should be in the mailbox at the Maker's Forge, if you have used the code already.

No, I haven't gotten the codes yet. That's what I'm having trouble with. It says I need to register in-game but I don't know where I'm supposed to do that.
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    can`t wait to play this :poly122:
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven, when you first started up the game did it ask you to create a THQ account that links to your game account (steam, psn, or xboxLive)? The two need to be linked for you to claim the items.
  • Kurt Russell Fan Club
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurt Russell Fan Club polycounter lvl 9
    I just got this yesterday and only played it for ~3 hours.

This is the best looking game I have ever played.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    85%!!!! Metacritic'd!!!!

Congrats to the Polycount powered team for really knocking this one out of the park!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/darksiders-ii
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dtschultz polycounter lvl 12
    I echo what everyone else has said, the game looks amazing. I am really impressed with how good it looks even with all the reuse of assets. I mean for having so many stone surfaces (in the first couple of levels), you guys have done a great job of making it looking visually interesting and not repetitive.

I am curious how you guys did the rock walls (if there are any environment artists from Vigil around)? The specularity on these rocks looks great, and it looks like there is a shift in the specular color based on the camera. Am I completely off with this? I can't tell if I am imagining this. Also, did you guys vertex pain the light brown dirt on the rocks or is that all in the texture? It looks varied, so I am thinking it's vert paint or some sort of shader.
  • killaghost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im playing it already and it is awesome....\m/
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I'm quite happy with the game but i have my issues with it, the PC version of Darksiders 2 is worse than Darksiders 1.

It still lacks of graphical configuration, and i have found several bugs and glitches. Vsync does not work, and i need to force the AA via nvidia control panel. It's a shame to see so high res textures in the polycount threads, and then, in the game such small textures, giving a look very pixelated, and more playing at 24" or 30".

The game may be great (Art side and music), but for PC users as me, this is a very very BAD Port.

Like with Skyrim and Ghost Recon future soldier, i will wait for a patch.

Please, tell to the coder team to do something with the surround sound. I have a 7.1 system and i have to change it to 2.1 and that's horrible.