Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I make a lady. (possibly nudity)

Replies

• Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Still looking great.

Out of interest. Have you tried a version with shorter legs? It just seems to be the main thing that's getting crits and I think its worth a shot. I think the fact that they are so long distracts from the piece as a whole. Silence the critics so to speak.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    i agree although I think its more a matter of lengthening the arms a tad. the rest is awesome.
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    I'm also thinking the arm length is more an issue, but maybe adjusting both would work. Making her arms too long to compensate might make her look overly lanky and awkward. Right now she's lookin' pretty cute.
  • PatrickL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PatrickL polycounter lvl 9
    I feel like the waist and buttox could be a bit taller. It seems out of place with the rest of your proportions. Looking absolutely awesome, though. Keep going!
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks everyone.

I have made her legs a bit shorter as a test and I am a bit un-decided. I like them longer but I also like the shorter legs. Makes her look cuter. I think I will go for shorter. Thanks for the suggestion ahhh everyone :)

legsti.jpg
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    Just throwin' this out there as another option. Shortened the torso a bit.
  • ENODMI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    :poly121: Cute! No crits from me, I think this is going great.
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    Coolness man. Love the style! :D
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys :)

It has been a while since my last update so thought I would check in. My girlfriend moved in with me a while ago so progress on "Cherry" has be slow.

Anyway here we are. Still a tone of work to do but she is getting there.

99936817.jpg
  • MissMaddyTaylor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MissMaddyTaylor greentooth
    So sexy! I love it so far :)
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome Duncan, I love the little steel-toe addition to the boot
  • Shendoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shendoo polycounter lvl 13
    very sexy model, very good
  • StrongRum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrongRum polycounter lvl 6
    This is looking really cool, nice character :-)
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    hell yeah man this looks great!
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Wow, amazing work. I LOVE the colors, I love the design, I love everything about this character. She's awesome, man.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    This looks awesome! good job!
  • HornyRhino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dady, can i marry her? :P

Awesome work!
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    meant to post the other day but yeh, just in case you couldn't already figure it out... looks awsome ^ - ^
  • AjdinBarucija
  • STRIKER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    STRIKER polycounter lvl 13
    looking sweet dude
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

Nizza_waaarg: Thanks man... but anything I can do YOU can do better. Your Demon lady already kicks Cherry's ass.

Bit more progress. Started the tat, wow stressful. Got the short hair in, Now I need the loose hair to match. Generally getting there but this is taking too freaking long. SOOOOOO much still left to do but hay maybe one day I will finish her :)

12441909.jpg

big, BIG Thanks again everyone.

see you all soon.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    must finish! >: O
    diggin the tatts man, and the short hairs came out nice too : )

gotta finish this one dude :poly142:
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    agreed, sweet skelly tats man - you do them yourself? or are they just modified source images
  • afisher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    Lovin' the tatts man. Keep the updates coming!
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks dudes :)

Nizza_waaarg: Thanks man. I am gonna try. But it is taking too freaking long.

CandyStripes05: Thanks. Yeah the tat is pretty heavily modified source images. Some Anatomical studies some real tatts.

afisher: haha you knows it mr :)

Not much of an Update added the hair Fixed up the greeny finger, Updated the tattoo a bit, Added eyebrows.

23016310.jpg

Thanks again everyone.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    its been a while since I peeked in here.

These updates are looking great! :D
  • newto3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this is awesome work, wish i could model 10% as good as this, any chance you can post up a pic of your zspheres and base mesh? i keep meaning to have a full day on zbrush, but just havent had the time, and as a newbie the UI bakes my head something rotten.

keep up the amazing work dude.
  • EiGHT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EiGHT polycounter lvl 10
    Wow Duncan you have really come a long way.This is outstanding work bro.Is the short hairs all diffuse.Anyway....this is the shit!
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    I really love the style of your works.

I like where this model is going, and the little freckles (and her whole face really) are cute <3
    The tattoos seem to much like sticker at the moment, as if it's ON the skin rather than in the skin (if that makes sense?)

Anyway, looking sweet. Keep up the good work!
  • Illusive
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusive polycounter lvl 8
    those tats are sick dude are they your own designs?

how did you do the shoelaces btw? i'm doing a character with some boots a lot like yours and i'm not sure about how to go (splines/opacity maps)

any advice would be appreciated
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Very cool design, love that stylised look she's got going on, nice one man!
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    proportions and style is awesome!
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone.

Not really anything worth an update today booo.

Illusive: The tatts are pretty heavily modified source images combined into one big image. For the main shoelaces I Modeled them and baked them down to the low poly. The laces that loop around are modeled. and so are the bunny ears and knot.

Here is a workflow for the boots. I hope that made sense and diagram helps. sorry I really rushed that explanation if you want some more help just give me a yell and I will try help clarify any problems you are having.

Not really great but.
    bootsworflow.jpg

MeintevdS : Thanks for the feedback. I think the "sticker" vibe to the tat will be taken care of once I add a little bleed to the edges. I think that will helps to root it into the skin.

EiGHT : BIG thanks for the kind words :). The short hair is diffuse with a little spec and normal map action.

newto3d: Thanks. Yeah Z-brush is a noodle cruncher. You will get the hang of it, it just takes a little time. I will try to put together a workflow image for you in my next update.

HUGE thanks everyone for the kindness and feedback. I better get back to work now the boss is looking at me.

Some updates soon..... I hope.
  • newto3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome looking forward to seeing the work flow.

So u used the above lowpoly boot then imported into zbrush? Just asking as the boot has a few tris in.

Didn't this cause a problem when sub dividing in zbrush?
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Looks awesome :)
    @newto3d this is the low poly that was created after the high poly was done just to bake it down to ( I believe ) Most of the time you would use a different base mesh to do your sculpting on.
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, this is turning out awesome.

Got a crit on the boots though, they kind of look like every part of it is rawhide. It would help if you made the lace rings metal, the ankle padding leather and the sole rubbery.

Ref:
    boots.jpg

Also, maybe try without pantyhose? Right now my eye is drawn more to her crotch area than her face and its making me feel like a perv, lol.
  • Illusive
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusive polycounter lvl 8
    legend! thanks for that duncan that helps heaps
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    woah duncan, love her...nothing constructive to say, but ace work :)
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOW Duncan! yea as others have said you have come a looooong way with your sculpting and workflow, your textures still rock as always tho haha:thumbup: the tats through the sheer leggings is genius man she looks amazing!

-Woog
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    shes looking great man, really like her face :)
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone.

@ newto3d: hahaha sorry. That low poly was the "in game" mesh created after the sculpting stage (exactly like disanski said). I modeled the boot in it's different parts eg: Toe and tongue (one piece), Sole, Lace ringlets and studs,etc....

Here is a quick diagram.
    bootsworflow02.jpg

I actually did very little sculpting for the boots. I only added scratches and wrinkles. The mesh was mostly quads but the sole had a few tris, which z-brush doesn't mind...... so long as you don't do too much with them.

@ bbob: Thanks man. Yeah The colour on the boots or rather the lack of colour on the boots is only because I have not really started them yet. They are almost literally straight out of the box. When I get back to them they will indeed look more like the standard workman's boot (with a few extras :)).
    I have looked at her without the pantyhose but her legs are too bright and dominate the scene. I am adding some little rips and ladders and I hope that will help re-enforce the whole pantyhose thing, and even out the whole undies to eye ratio ;)....... but not too much.

@ Illusive: chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg Not a problem.

@ seth.: Thanks :)

@ woogity : Big thanks. I have crazyfool's Daily sculpting exercises to thank for breaking my Z-brush fears.

@ crazyfool: Hay, Hay. Speak of the devil :). Thanks mr.

Updates coming.
  • sheckee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sheckee polycounter lvl 9
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I absolutely love this; eager to see her posed! :D
  • kevlar jens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking really nice!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The style is a lot of fun, but I have to say, the leg tattoo thing is just really distracting. Almost like you pasted some random image on there more than being a tattoo. I dont really think its adding anything to the overall quality. Great work otherwise.
  • Nix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nix polycounter lvl 13
    Oh man, those shapes.... I really like how you managed to create a real separation between the body and the shirt/pants with that tattoo going underneath, even though it's all just a texture.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Nice one, mate! She's looking dope.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks very much everyone :):):)

@ EarthQuake: Thanks for the feedback man. Yeah I have to say I agree with you. I was worried about that tat. Rather than get rid of it all together I might try and get it to sit a bit better..... Then when I loose my patience with it I will probably just delete it :).

@ Emil Mujanovic: hay hay hay man. Hows it going. I am really glad to see you here. Not seen you round these parts for some time. Hope you are doing well and thanks for the thumbs up :).

Pointless update. Tweeked the hair. stockings. Started the boots, and finally got around to cleaning up some of the AO and normal map bakes. Adjusted the leg tattoo. Added some rips to the stockings but would like to add a few bigger ones as soon as I can find the right place for them, and some decent ref.

27207367.jpg

Still sooo much left to do, I hope to get a decent amount of work done on this over the weekend.

Thanks again everyone see you all soon.
  • g2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow very cool looking so far mate,yeah i think that tattoo is a bit too much covering her entire thigh especially since that skull is very realistic compared to model itself,i like what you did with those torn stockings,keep going :thumbup:
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    Those boots were made for walkin' bro... good job
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update.

@ g2000: Thanks man :). Yeah Tat may have to go or change a fair bit. I don't mind it so much now with the darker stockings and the blood. seems to dull it down just enough. But then agin perhaps it still needs a change.

@ nfrrtycmplx> hehe thanks. Walking more like Stomping :)

Started splashing some blood around. Still need to add some blood to her skin. Also going to look at shaving some sort of pattern into her short hair. Maybe something like Zebra stripes. hmmmmmmm need to think. I might take a bit of a break from this chick for a while She is taking too freaking long and I am starting to get bored.

22023366.jpg

@ newto3d: Sorry, I am trying to get that Workflow done for you but I am finding it hard to get some spare time. Basically I work with Z-spheres to figure out the over all proportions and shapes, then quick retopo in Maya. Sculpt away. export to Topogun and build the "proper" low poly unwrap in Roadkill and bake in X Normal. The rest is just Photoshop magic. I will try to do some visuals but it may take a while. I hope that helps.