Home General Discussion

Why do you like Macs?

Replies

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    r_fletch_r wrote: »
    Since going x86 things have got worse for the mac for sound editing. I don't think its an issue with the newist models but the Core 2 chip creates a static 'whine' in your audio. fecking joke.

i think that also depends on your audio hardware if your AD/DA conversion is happing out of the box on good hardware that wont be a issue, in never had a issue with that but the singal is all digital till it gets out to my Rosetta 200 and all my inputs are convrted to digital before they get in the box with some digidesign 192's.

the whine is caused by any analong signals going close to a component that causes a lot of interference like the cpu or gpu.

if you found it got worse and your using hte internal sound stuff, it means the x86 chips make more noise than the ppc ones, or that the audio chip is no closer to the cpu on mobo, and both things wouldn't matter if your using a proper audio interface.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    THUNDERBOLT THUNDERBOLT THUNDERBOLT

METEOR!
  • Tom3dJay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esprite wrote: »
    apple provides some of the best customer service and support in the tech industry.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/apple-doesnt-love-you-they-just-want-your-money/17323

"ZDnet’s Ed Bott interviewed an AppleCare representative, and was told that Apple’s official stance is that they not assist their customers in removing the malware. In fact, in a follow-up article, Ed shows an internal memo that tells Apple support reps to not even acknowledge the existence of the malware on their computer, nor provide them with further help or escalate to a higher support level."
  • BadgerBaiter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They weren't that good to me when I had my ipod.
    After wiping pretty much all of my music off my computer and the ipod itself, the battery started to go, and also I couldn't access about 20gb of my hdd., so I sent it back to get the battery replaced.
    I got a call a week later saying, ok thats £50 for the battery and it turns out you need a new harddrive as well. Thats an extra £170. He then went on to tell me to buy another ipod.
    I told them to replace just the battery and I would be fine with no accessing the final 20gb as I 'only' had 40 gb of music, tops.
    They flat out refused to replace just the battery and said no we can't do that, we have to replace the hard drive as well. In the end, they sent it back with unfixed and me not paying.

As far as I was concerned, their customer service was complete rubbish.

I have had better tech support from Dell when they came to my house the next day to fix my problem :p
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    Lachtan wrote: »
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/apple-doesnt-love-you-they-just-want-your-money/17323

"ZDnet’s Ed Bott interviewed an AppleCare representative, and was told that Apple’s official stance is that they not assist their customers in removing the malware. In fact, in a follow-up article, Ed shows an internal memo that tells Apple support reps to not even acknowledge the existence of the malware on their computer, nor provide them with further help or escalate to a higher support level."

No computer manufacturer will pay staff to sit down and waste their time cleaning malware. That's like asking the garage to clean your car for free, after you got drunk and pissed all over the seats.