Home General Discussion

Mirrors Edge 2 canned?

Replies

• Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    How many people surf these forums D: I go away for the night and that picture I uploaded ended up with another 600 views D:
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Beyond Good & Evil 2 is not canned!
    The last released info about the game was from August last year which stated that the game is still in development and in fact didn't stop at any point. I suppose there's a chance that factors have changed since then and not been announced, but given they've not been announced we don't know about them.

That's logic.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Ark wrote: »
    I guess were back to the brown shooters! :(
    A shitting game?
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    I'm sorry but gameplay wise, Mirror's Edge was between boring and mediocre. I guess I'm not missing anything.

I wanted to love the game, but man was it boring past the first hour.

shun the nonbeliever. Shuuuuuuuuuuuun~
  • StefanH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StefanH polycounter lvl 12
    I just recently played mirrors edge and call of duty Black ops.

I got terribly bored by black ops and had some truly unique moments with mirrors edge. Loved it! I'm not even interested in any more Battlefields.

Well that sums up my feelings i guess...
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Update: A representative for EA offered up a statement to 1UP, calling Mirror's Edge "an important franchise," noting that DICE is currently at work on Battlefield 3 and that it has "nothing further to announce." As expected, it doesn't give us any indication as to whether or not the original report from this past December has any merit. If Mirror's Edge really is an important franchise, though, you wouldn't expect a sequel to be canceled.

http://www.1up.com/news/mirrors-edge-2-development-stopped
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I do have to say I have had epic large scale battles in Battlefield - CoD needs competition that isn't trying to be CoD. I even enjoyed BadCo's singleplayer although the multiplayer-esque respawning was a little jarring.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    hmm this is too bad i would have really enjoyed a prequel since i found the environment very interesting and it would have been cool to see the events that turned to city into that oppressive environment.
  • MasteroftheFork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
    Ya that sucks, I was looking forward to a sequel. This was one of those games that was new and innovative and almost amazing but not quite there, but a sequal could nail it.(think Assassin's Creed)
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    NOOOOO!!! Why? I LOVE that game! The visual and the gameplay was so innovative! It's one of the most refreshing game I've played since a long time. Every time I look back at the screenshots, I always feel inspired. Truly one of my best visual inspiration! Hope this is just a "marketing trick"...
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Moreover from the superb visuals, I found this game to be highly emotive. Other games make you jump and afraid to move further down that dark corridor with the flashing light, but this really put a lump in my throat at the end.

The music was so well tied in with the game, too. Wish more games would put that amount of effort into executing better soundtracks that fit with the game/theme.
  • Chimeray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi wrote: »
    Anyway here's a vid of a custom level some guy made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sb2SVm1KyE

I made that! :) Awsome to see it popping up here and there. Perhaps I should've posted it on here but since I didn't use custom meshes and this forum is usually about eyecandy I wasn't sure people'd be interested in a level design kind of thing.

On topic: Totally sucks that EA canned it :( I hope it's not the end of the franchise and that they'll pick it up a bit later. Needless to say, I totally loved the first Mirror's Edge!
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    one of the few games i have played to completion of late. real shame
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    I made that!

In the level design portfolio thread someone linked to your portfolio and said you work at Dice, is that true?