Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    I'll just leave this here...

38mrglass.jpg
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Was about to brag about my new rig, and about how I'm going to finish my entry for the sake of personal improvement.
    And then I saw Zwebbie's post and it utterly boggled my mind.
    On many levels I agree with you. The thing is, if you want to see a change, you need to be the one to make it. Beauty in in the eye of the beholder. Just don't you be guilty of the very things that you find so maddening, make something beautiful.
    You need to ignore Call of Duty and appreciate the Mirror's Edge.

New tablet pen is coming in, dang thing spazzes out and gives me very little control over anything. Also order 3 anatomy books along with it. I plan to do this right.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    coold the people who were doing cool shit keep doing cool shit and everyone else stop taking a giant shit on this and every other thread that shows promise?

@Swizzle, your shit makes my dick hard.

@Zwebbie later dude

@the other 5 or so partici-pants - please don't use this as an excuse to puss out, your stuff was looking pretty sick

@everyone else - please for the love of god message people in private your feelings and emotions on shit like this (i'm not a monderator, i just care about this community and Pimping and Previews)

Let's go kids, let's see your uninspired piles of cliche and pop culture... that's what I live for... so get to work please kthanks
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    zweb: mak's right, and in fact he gave a very good paraphrase of a famous gandhi quote i like very much. be the change you want to see in the world. and if you are fed up with the status quo, show people by doing your own thing. there are a lot of people doing some really beautiful, non-space marine or postapoc related things in games. yeah it can be tough on polycount sometimes to see it, but people got to rep what they want to see, not complain about the lack of it.

and frankly i don't believe you man :) when people leave, it's without warning. you're standing at the front door but announcing to the whole place that you're leaving but then peeking over your shoulder. i'm not trying to egg you on, i'm just saying that i don't think you're really serious. my involvement with polycount has waxed and waned over the years but it continues to be one of those surprising points of connection in my life, again and again, both personally and professionally. you come to realize the little things you didn't think mattered maybe mattered the most.

but it seems nfrrtycmplx is as upset as his nick is annoyingly bereft of vowels, so on with the showwwwwww

also i dont know what a monderator is but i hope to be one some day
  • WillMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been watching this thread as it is great work so far, really enjoying it, hoping to see more!

Zwebbie! Don't leave... just be the change! You could take the 3d and progress to storytelling like film and videos... is linear stuff... but allows for more art.

"How do you play art? How do i pop heads with art? I just need to pop heads" said the gamer, who was not an artist and had no time to admire the god rays shining over the spec map. It is an industry.

Agree with the beauty stuff. I hate that TV media "this is plastic beauty" and this is what is worn this moment and the complexes that it installs in a lot of people.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Trying to relearn everything :/

pumalady_00.jpg
    pumalady_01.jpg