Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

character things (watch out for nudity :3)

Replies

• bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    god damn it, this thread makes me feel like such a noob XD
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    haha, its makin me feel more noob... coz everything looks so poop-like ^^; (cheers man :3)

Forced some hands out, which was fun once i actually got into them (procrastination yo :\)
    Got some glasses in there, gotta work out his cigarette and wristwatch next. Proper suit base meshes and shoes too. Still got the other 2 realism-ish chars to start as well ^^

01c1.jpg
  • dekorkh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dekorkh triangle
    you're a machine :thumbup:
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dekorkh: cheers man ^^
    happy cow: Think it depends on style, and as long as you keep it consistant it's all good... tho obviously in that one i couldn't really finish due to the crazy lag with recording it >_< Kinda hard to get the subtlty of more realistic junk for me anyways :\

anyways, finally got the proper base meshes out (think i made them too thin but whatevs) and really quick head of the second dude in the series. Proper sculptin up next ^^
    and yeah imma start opening some eyes up in here eventually ^^;

01d2.jpg

01a2.jpg
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did just find my old 3d.sk folder (originally got a month subscription and d/l'ed EVERYTHING i could :3). It's been massive useful for getting better shapes and gestures i think ^^
    Been tryin to do as much as i can from my head but noticing ref is really helping push things further.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are some amazing sculpts here. Liked the interpretation of Sagat from Street Fighter there, and the asian businessman.
  • igi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    igi polycounter lvl 12
    been watching this thread silently and too much awesomeness in your thread!

as an env. artist i cant judge your skills(which is pretty awesome) but i can say your characters have a character Nizza :)! these characters have really unique looking and makes me want to see them in motion.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cooljay: ^^ cheers man
    igi: :) thanks dude, hoping to try animating stuff soon too so... somthin new ^^

02a.jpg

03b.jpg

01a.jpg
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    You've really been on a roll lately. This is all nice stuff, and I like that you do so much without going crazy on the subdivisions.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    chick's fine!
    lets see some ass
    - maybe elbow too low
  • Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    dear god..

so much win in this thread, definitely going in my inspiration folder. that bake came out GREAT. any reason for the pose on the hands?
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking good man really nice work on the hands. Agreed with the elbows on the chick, tough to tell from the camera angle tho.:thumbup::thumbup:

edit: the lower legs on your dude in the beanie look a bit wonky. the shin bones seem to curve in pretty hard, i can tell its wip, but give that area another look for sure, awesome bake on the moustached guy also esp at the lowish budget.
  • JoseConseco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoseConseco greentooth
    Hot girl for sure. Lots of great sculpt, with 'depth' in them. I'm kinda getting sick of seeing demons and warriors, so nice to see change here.
    About chick maybe lower the distance from eyes to top of skull, and smaller bobs with more gravity sag (feels kinda to round now)would feel more realistic imo. I'm not pro at sculpting, so treat this critique lightly.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai: hehe, i'm allergic to sub-divisions (srsly)
    shotgun: ^^ (agreed on elbow)
    mike yevin: :P i dunno, just dig sculptin hands in kinda funky poses... get enough rigger-friendly boring hands at work (well, used to ^^; )
    woogity: yeh zb perspective has really been messin with my head latley >_< And tried tweaking them legs a little, was deliberatley goin for kinda bow-legged styles... tho he gonna be runnin alot eventually :poly136:
    JoseConseco: ty :) good point on the face, tweaked the sculpt a little. Will be armour over it so more boob tweakage on the way

04a.jpg

pantsuknight_concept01.jpg
  • STRIKER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    STRIKER polycounter lvl 13
    dude hell yes Nizza! fkn going IN over here.

when i get my max dude im coming for ya ;)
  • gaganjain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza ur fast man....
    How ? How ?
  • LampRabbit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sweet work Chris! I have an idea!!! Nizza Vs Lamprabbit (in a few months) :P
  • eof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eof polycounter lvl 15
    Amazing works! Thanx for sharing.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    striker: hehe, cheers dude :P
    gaganjain: not always fast ^^;
    lamprabbit: it's awn :3
    eof: cheers man (still a massive fan of your work, females especially ^^)

slowed down a bunch last week. Gettin some boring contract junk out of the way and sorting out my uni re-enrolment.

Texture wip.
    Grenadier based on that dope clement sauve concept.
    And some goblin touching up that wasnt diff enough to warrent civ war thread post yet.

02c.jpg

01a2.jpg

01b.jpg
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    everybody's so sleepies :)

but where's Brolin?
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan polycounter lvl 11
    Totally awesome work. Do you usually have about 500 characters on the go at once? I am keen to see some updates on any or all of them. OR a new one you just decided to create :)
  • eof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eof polycounter lvl 15
    Awesome works!

Edit: oh God, just seeing I was commenting here month ago. I absolutely dont remember this, guess need some medicine help.

Anyway, Chris you are really rocks!
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Jesus McBuddha, way too many wins in this thread. Suit guy is pimpin along nicely, doesn't look anything near as low poly as it is, fckin excellent work on them bakes and textures. And low res. And sculpt. Golf claps.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    this stuff is amazing man! really dig that hellboy mesh, super clean and sweet. Appreciate you didnt go super hardcore with pores and crap on him like the film version!
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    super cool. Looking forward to that female character. Thongs mmkay?
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    scudz: tired mode ^^ (and totes bailin on brolin, sculpt wasn't fancy enough ^^)
    supahhappehcow: :P i'm not one for pastin my name all over pics... tho i am doin a proper folio site, so hopefully email in the header :)
    duncan: i get distracted easily ^^; (me actually finishing somthin is gonna take some effort)
    eof: cheers again man... still got yo females right on mah desktop, and dig the stylised stuff you been gettin into latley ^^
    ferg: cheers duder :3
    moose: ^^ cheers man
    dom: shall do :)

arg, aight. so i kinda burnt out on sculptin a little while ago (had all these hardcore anatomy and cloth studies laid out too :( ), so decided to take a break and learn some different stuff.
    Weighting in maya is srsly gonna give me some brain cancers i swear, so fuggin frustrating some/most times >_<

gotta whip up a ramp shader for my unreal mat tommorow, as well as fix the weights and try gettin some test anim's in game (and possibly get the player controllin it... and fixing the camera to sidescrollin view).
    Gotta redo a bunch of stuff with the bag being seperate from the body (like the beanie) and adding in a new bag bone... proper hand controls too :poly122:

05a.jpg

03a.jpg
  • ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    Nizza you using Maya 2011? The new interactive smooth bind is pretty useful if so, and makes weighting a bit easier. Are you using Maya for those viewport shots on the left? I thought realtime shaders couldn't do shadows in Maya, unless you're doing viewport 2.0?
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    Think the left pics are from UDK. Awesome work though, can't wait to see the game moving around. I'm half tempted to get back into Maya and do some work from seeing this!
  • dogzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dogzer polycounter lvl 8
    hey! there's nudity!
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee: 2009 up in here. Heard good things about the newer maya's skinning, sounds like it's heaps improved, imma have to look into it. And left pic be udk grabs, real early crappy mat setup ^^
    shadownami92: hehe, i'm desperatley searching around for tuts as i know nothing (NOTHING) about this code/scripting nonsense... and i'm getting increasingly bored the more i read about it :P
    dogzer: i told you to watch out :poly136:
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    we need alot moore 5 penis action here on polycount >_>
  • fuxer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuxer polycounter lvl 18
    Looking wicked man! Id love to see how you manage the coding part! and don't forget to post a build of the level :)
  • eof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eof polycounter lvl 15
    Great update! Could you show some extreme poses on rigged boy?
  • sampson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sampson polycounter lvl 9
    Dude can you just add some eyes!!
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    visceral: can't go wrong with 5... penis... action (>_>?)
    fuxer: haha, i'm handling it like a brain surgeon with snow mittens in place of hands ^^ (it's making me hate life so far :3)
    eof: will do. Been through a bunch of redo's on the rig but finally got it ^^
    sampson: you know how i feel about eyes dude >:{ (will on the running fellah when i'm less lazy :))

FFFUUUU.....
    gettin this shit working has been fuggin painful over the last 4 days (wow, thought it'd been longer than that :shifty:)
    Doesn't look like much but the dude's got a test idle anim (in pretty much everything in the anim tree) but yeh, he actually works in game finally. Got the rig (and weights) aight too after 4 do-overs.

Animations and a proper level be next :poly142:

01.jpg

04.jpg
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking awesome, man..

Although, isn't the thigh bone's pivot too low? I'd imagine it might look a little awkward in motion..
  • tagobarantino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this is so cool man. I am really wishing to be the same and that images make me become a better artist. Love it!
  • slipgatecentral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipgatecentral polycounter lvl 13
    I agree, hip joint seems to way too low, even considering it's a stylized proportions here. Would be interesting to see this in motion

Overall - awesome job dude, really like your chars
  • eof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eof polycounter lvl 15
    Are you sure that parenting backpack bones to root is a good idea? Probably it will work better if parent backpack joint to top spine joint?
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bbob: true that, totes brought it up a bit (gonna have to bring it up even more i think >_<)
    tagobarantino: : D thanks man ^^
    slipgatecentral: totes. he looks like poo runnign atm, im blaming the low thigh joints... and how i suck at animating >_>
    eof: parented the bag control to the spine so it kinda all hangs together ^^ (more worried about how bad my animations are atm :P)

aight, so i found out animating is HARD!!!! (anyone got some tutorials or tips or some magic bean potion that give you animating skills?)
    Started thinking out this spy rpg game and did some style test sculpts (just ripping off larolaro so far... i'm sure originallity will come later ^^).

I gotta get back to animating balls, fuggin animootion :poly122:

spytiems01.jpg
  • mat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mat
    you knows i totes approve mayns.. lets see some more, want to see yo takes on the femme fatales ;)
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zxcman polycounter lvl 10
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good, but something is bothering me about the eyes though, can't put my finger on it..

I must say that I have been itching to do some heads in laro's style for a bit now too, so just a little jealous.. :P
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mat: *slaps hams* ^^
    DKK: hehe, totes... unfortunatley im pretty sure im just insultingly slapping laro in the face wiht mah poopness sculpts but his shapes are mega awsome (colours too ^^)
    zxcman: ta :)
    bbob: eyelids or eyeballs? one is alot easier to sort out than the other at this stage ^^ hehe, should totes try some laro styles, mega fun

started on enviro junk for japanese dude sidescrollin game.
    First introductory area is a rural asian-ey village i guess (followed by temple ruins, cliff village, larger city, etc).
    Throwin together some modular bits and practicing some hand paintings ^^

Gotta get started on the main terrain bits and get stuff in game asap.

and a really poop test to see how maleable that spy head is, kindof base/default fellah. Proper body junk and some sexeh ladies after sleep i guess (TURTLENECKS!!!)

01b.jpg

arglypoops.jpg
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ugh, secondary mid level kinda forms look way too mushy and unrefined... srs wanna get onto mah hardcore studies for mad up skills (gotta bail on the uni course first ^_^).

got a website done yesterday too, just tryin to sort out some lameness with the domain name i bought

01b1.jpg
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lookin good man love how the suit dude turned out! also is there a reason for the black eyes on your street artist looking character?

also a few strange things i noticed in your rig, the pack is a child of your root, no of the characters spine or collar, is he going to be able to take it off and throw it around? otherwise i think it might be helpful for it to inherit some general poses from the characters torso. also be careful of your wrist bone placement, it looks a bit high at the moment, could cause some painful weighting.
  • Sandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice job man keep at it
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waaarg back :P
    dabbled in some freelance for a bit (need more freelance practice) and then got mega lazy and did nothing for ages (did start working out again tho and eattin better :)).

Real slow start to getting this goblin done. Bunch more to go but gettin stuff blocked in at least.

02a1.jpg
  • mat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mat
    totes approtes hammie... need mores : D