Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

12'' Stylized Female statue - 3D print and casts

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi all !

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have one left (v2, colored) that never got sent out because of a waiting list cancellation. It's been sitting all wrapped up and ready to go in my storage for a while now, so I thought I would put it up for grabs here ...

It will go to the first person posting in this thread after this message - same price as before, $150 including shipping.

This will mark the end of this round of v2 Female. After that, one of my goals for 2014 is to produce the equivalent male (in a relaxed pose, or mid-walk pose, not sure yet), and then close-up busts, probably at 1:2 or 1:1 scale. From there on I'd love to sell bundles of these through a proper online store, and so on. Really looking forward to all this !

And a happy holiday season to you all !
  • Lilith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want it!!!)) Do I get It?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha sure I'll send you details by PM :)
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtisticTiger polycounter lvl 5
    Would love to get one of these one day,Do you still have any available?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi there AT -

I currently do not have any units left in stock, but I will for sure update this thread as soon as I order another production run :) I also plan to create more of these (a male one amongst other things) so stay tuned !

Thank you for your interest :)
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtisticTiger polycounter lvl 5
    Okay, np thanks
  • sheckee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sheckee polycounter lvl 9
  • Maddness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maddness polycounter lvl 11
    Sorry to bump the thread, but I would also be interested in any future ones for sale. I love this figure!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello all ! I hope you're ready for some serious necro bumping :D It's been about 6 years this this thread was last active, and about 10 years since the very first post. Time's a funny thing !

To this day I still receive questions about the availability of this statue so I thought it could be interesting to finally revive it. The experience of initially designing it and sculpting it, getting it manufactured, shipped around the world ... then updated with a new paint job and a revised base, produced again, and shipped around again was one of the most formative personal experience I've ever had. Not to mention the incredible feeling of seeing the statue on the desk of people if highly admire, either in person or through pictures. The two personal copies I've kept (one gray and one colored) are without a doubt my most value possessions - they represent a ton.

Anyways !

I am thinking of reviving this project once more and getting another batch produced, maybe in larger numbers. I am still debating between merely updating the paint job to continue the approach of each batch being uniquely colored, or, updating the design altogether to reflect an updated vision of both anatomy and topology. Still thinking of keeping it in Tpose though, since getting a good dynamic yet rig-friendly figure is a very delicate thing and  was the very purpose of the design in the first place - but I might be tweaking proportions a bit. I am also thinking of partnering with a modeler if I go for an actual model update, as I feel like it could result in an interesting outcome - but I still have to think about this further. I still like the extreme proportions of the original though.

On the practical side, I've already re-contacted the manufacturer and it sounds like a new round would be possible. Full disclosure : the manufacturer is located in China. The experience of working with them was great, but I thought I'd mention it as I understand that it could be perceived as controversial.

I've also had requests regarding a handy way of keeping people updated about progress and availability. I'll obviously post updates in this thread if/when things pick up speed, but for a more direct line of communication I've started a newsletter in order to cover this as well as Marketplace product releases. The registration page is on my portfolio webpage : 

http://pioroberson.com/wp2014/newsletter/

I think that's about it for now. If you have any remarks or suggestions on the design itself feel free to get in touch by PM as I would be more than happy to integrate that. And of course if you have any other remark or suggestion about the product as whole (like something missing that you think would add value), this very thread is a great place for that.

Lastly I do not have an estimate on the new pricing yet. There are many factors at play here (numbers of units mostly) so that's a bit of a different topic, at least for now.

Thank you for your time !
  • Tits
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    Back from the dead and in good form. Good to see you again!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Hey Pior!

Great to see you're still kicking it.

I would love to have one of these statues, i was gutted i missed out on the first round but... I cannot in good conscience support the manufacturer being located in China. If there were any way you could find an alternate manufacturer, i would 100% buy.

I know i'm just one guy, but an avelanche starts with a single rock.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heya !

Yeah, that's definitely understandable and that's why I figured I'd mention it. It's an interesting thing to unpack really - on one hand there's no way to be absolute about that sort of things in one's daily lives, as that would mean not using any tech, at all. But when there *is* a choice, then why not at least exploring options.

I do have a good relationship with the manufacturer though so that weights into the balance as well. There could be a possible balance to strike - prototyping somewhere, while producing somewhere else. Good food for thoughts for sure.