Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    poco.jpg

I'd love to make that into a shirt. thats freaking sweet.
  • ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    I want those registration agreements about mini-packs of your artwork for sale gone before the main competition starts. Unless there is a percentage given to the artists. Otherwise I'm not joining, and I know nobody gives a shit but that's just how I feel.
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elyaradine polycounter lvl 11
    Or you could, you know, join anyway, but not submit it into the final competition. All of the learning, all of the portfolio piece(s), with none of the fail.

Could even judge amongst ourselves for the best pieces that weren't submitted or whatnot.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    this was linked to in the GA thread. If the rules had stated it like this from the start we wouldn't have had all this fuss.

"22. The entrant grants Ballistic Media and competition sponsors rights to use all entered materials in any media for sales, marketing and merchandising material provided full and correct credit for the artist clearly appears with said materials."

http://challenge.cgsociety.org/dreamscape/terms_and_conditions#jumpto

p.s. I only made this comment to help us learn how to get things right from the get go for future comps. Not to throw mud in GA's eye.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    ceebee wrote: »
    I want those registration agreements about mini-packs of your artwork for sale gone before the main competition starts. Unless there is a percentage given to the artists. Otherwise I'm not joining, and I know nobody gives a shit but that's just how I feel.

To be fair, its typical for contest owners of such a nature to contain such clauses in their agreements where they get to use your submissions however they please so long as full credit is given and appears as clearly as possible on the work in question. [EDIT: Stinger88's reply, great timing!]

My previous replies should cover the rest of things pretty well.

So that we can continue on as artists around here, I am going to close this thread. If you'd like to talk about this, contests or anything else thats on your mind - positive or negative - with me feel free to send me a Private Message.
This discussion has been closed.