Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polycount Pack - The Scrub

Replies

• The Scrub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ikimono wrote: »
    i'd suggest looking at the "how to textrue tf2" thread
    I did I'm just having trouble with that wood :poly127: I hate making the wood texture
    metal is no problem on my part just use grey and add some lighter splotches here and there but wood is frustrating for me to make

could you perhaps link me there I can't find it
  • The Scrub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    better? worse?
    isthisbetter.jpg
  • The Scrub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK that pretty much wraps it up for me.
    These submissions were a pain to make what with my horrible modeling and even worse texturing skills. I just hope the Secondary gets through.
    These are my submissions:
    Primary: "The Spot n' shot
    isthisbetter.jpg

Secondary: The Magnum forceful recon
    magnumfull.jpg

Melee: The Piker
    knifesmall.jpg

Hat: Marksmans Utility Belt:
    pantsd.jpg
  • Sgt_Dippy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sniff, you make me proud. I am going to assume you just started modeling and believing that, you made pretty good looking models. I doubt you UV mapped it though, still the fact that you tried hard and produced decent work makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

I suggest you keep modeling and improving your skills, you can end up improving these ideas and submit them as a separate pack. http://www.teamfortress.com/contribute/submit.php
  • The Scrub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sgt_Dippy wrote: »
    Sniff, you make me proud. I am going to assume you just started modeling and believing that, you made pretty good looking models. I doubt you UV mapped it though, still the fact that you tried hard and produced decent work makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

I suggest you keep modeling and improving your skills, you can end up improving these ideas and submit them as a separate pack. http://www.teamfortress.com/contribute/submit.php

I've been modeling for quite some time now but I never really got really good with it. I just recently learned how to (very horribly) texture.
    before that I just randomly modeled stuff(by no means good stuff).
    Well I started using Blender 2 years ago but I still kind of suck at it.
  • Sgt_Dippy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Same here. btw my textures are sucking. When painting it in photoshop, I end up with white trims and little bits of non painted stuff where it shouldn't be. AKA my textures don't end up with all the color I painted on it. Do ya know how to solve this, or at least avoid it? Its pissing me off.. A LOT.:poly127:
  • Pogo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A good way to make sure your textures don't bleed into white/black at edges is to do an AO bake, and use it as a multiply layer over your base colours. Anything that is white on the AO bake will need to be coloured.