Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: AimBiZ

Replies

• redpandafire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the creativity and detail you put, especially in the faces.

About the bunny drawing, i think the right arm seems kind of off as well. The lat muscle doesnt need to appear on that angle. I actually feel that its a skeletal problem. My instinct says the elbow is rotated outwards on the right arm, while the left elbow is sort of resting behind the torso on the left arm. They have two different positions and give a bit of a strange pose.

Otherwise this is good stuff. I've checked out your 3D work and I'm hoping to get as good as you are in sculpt. haha
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    @Darkstar; Thanks man that's great feedback. Will have this in mind for the future. I thin I've made this mistake many times before.

@repandafire; Thanks alot for the input and the kinds words man. I'm hoping to get my drawing to your level. ;)
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Greetings everyone!

Long time no posting which is bad, but I got some stuff to show! :D

Self Portrait Day at CA...
    Self-ish_sketch.jpgSelf-ish.jpg

And a portrait of a friend...
    FOX.jpg
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Once again sir...nice doodles. :)
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Nitewalkr!

Ressurecting this thread with a pic I made a couple of hours before the new year kicked in.

PandaOnCrack.jpg

Also been doing some sculpting. Not the most critique friendly shots but here's what I got this far. Still a lot to do. It started off with trying to recreate a fairly normal looking woman but the proportions on the underlying rig made the appearance more unhuman, so I decided to go crazy instead and simply have fun and get used to the medium.
    SculptWip_1.jpg
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    really great stuff man! I dig the lat few portraits, as well as the crazy panda shit
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a bunch bounchfx!

Okay, no clue why I haven't got around posting anything since new years so I thought it was about time. Guess I've just been lazy with that.
    I've been actively posting work on my facebook page though for non forum friends to see. If any fellow polycounter would like to add me, feel free to do so. :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000282710872

So this means massive post. I'll just dump most of the stuff I've been doing on my spare time during the year. Please bear with me :S

Random digital stuff...

B14SPH3MY.jpgIced.jpgtakemyfleshandblood.jpgmindblast.jpg

Less random digital stuff...

AEKI.jpgMuppets.jpgD1ZZY.jpgOfFireAndSoul.jpgRapture.jpg

Intended as tattoo design.
    PH03N1X.jpg

Been working on some sculpting as well. This fella will be painted some day.
    cthulhu_sculpt_WIP_2.jpgcthulhu_sculpt_WIP_3.jpg

And last and not least, I've been practicing acrylics lately, moving down to A3 format made things easier to control. Will probably do more of these in the future.
    CrowQueen.jpga_gown.jpgLadyPlanet.jpg

Cheers!

PS: Will try to post more often :P
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    wow, big update haha. Wonderful stuff :) I'm really loving those first few images.
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sooooo, gotta update this from time to time I figured, so you know I'm alive and stuff...

Nothing new really on the digital stuffers. Got a new sculpture to show though.

I call this guy Balloon Head. I'm somewhat pleased of the execution, not as much with the design. I just wanted something to practice painting on, though executing it took longer than planned so I put effort to it anyway.

Sculpting is fun though. I got plans to do more. It's a bit of a dilemma though since then there won't be as much drawing. I guess I'll be swapping around from time to time.

Here's a wip and a pic of the fella right before baking.
    baloonhead_wip_prebake.jpg

Right after bake. Since of the translucent super sculpey it looks kinda wierd. Will show it later when I've primed it.
    baloonhead_baked.jpg

Did some layered priming on the cthulhu thingy. Will do the rest of the painting... some time.
    Cthulhu_sculpt_primed.jpg

Oh, I see it was longer than I thought since last update. I do got some new 2d work to show.
    ot3p_tribute.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Acrylics wip...
    mayan_wip.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Photographed some of my drawings I did a while ago. The first one came to me through a rather disturbing dream.

gut_puke.jpg

master_oppressor.jpg

Not that happy about the Mayan painting so I started a new one. We'll see how this goes.

moon_knife_sketch.jpg

moon_knife_wip.jpg

When I do drawings and stuff I'm somewhat happy with I put them on the wall, cause I got a lot of space.
    wall_o_stuff.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taking a stab at the current CHOW at CA.org. Did some sketching and then a drawing. Now moving on to illustration!

leviathan_thumbs.jpg

leviathan_drawing.jpg
  • xk0be
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a few questions, if I may

How long did it take you to sculpt that weiner and balls?

From where I'm sitting, that dong is "unrolled" if you will. Please go into the thought process behind this artistic decision.

Was reference used to sculpt the balls and weiner?

Thank you.
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xk0be wrote: »
    I have a few questions, if I may

How long did it take you to sculpt that weiner and balls?

From where I'm sitting, that dong is "unrolled" if you will. Please go into the thought process behind this artistic decision.

Was reference used to sculpt the balls and weiner?

Thank you.

Well, if it interests you so damn much I didn't put any thought at all into it. If you don't have any serious feedback to give then please don't waste my time.

Thanks,
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Great work, I especially like your last 2 sketches with the girl and monster
  • xk0be
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ wrote: »
    Well, if it interests you so damn much I didn't put any thought at all into it. If you don't have any serious feedback to give then please don't waste my time.

Thanks,

Whoa. Sorry, keep up the nice work.
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Something for showing of. I should start posting sketches and actually be on topic. :P

evanesco.jpg

super_evolved.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some new wips. Tried changing the workflow a bit where I base the painting on a small sketch picked from my sketchbook and integrating textures for building the base.

uni_wip.jpg
    coat_wip.jpg
    lady_sword_wip.jpg
  • oskarreftel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, this is an awesome sketchbook! What are those scultps made out of? I've never tried doing anything like that.
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeldrak polycounter lvl 8
    awesome works, really love your B&W sketches.
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oskar: Glad you like. I see you're a TGA student. I'm located in Malmö too and used to have Kostas as my teacher back at Sofe.
    I use super sculpey for the sculpts. It's a polymer based clay that you bake in a regular oven to harden. It's incredibly good for detail work but quite soft so an armature is a must to keep things in place. So far I've used regular super sculpey cause it's what I have but the translucent properties can be somewhat of an annoyance as some detail might be hard to spot from certain angles. There is an other variety called Super Sculpey Firm which is solid gray and somewhat more firm I've heard.
    If you're much into 3D then sculpture is a good compliment. Good for even just conceptual stuff as it's much more straight forward to just doodle some shapes.

Zeldrak: Glad you like. Which type in particulair, the value studies or crude ballpoint pen on paper sketches?

Xk0be: No hard feelings btw.
  • Zeldrak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeldrak polycounter lvl 8
    both are amazing, wish i could do as detailed and as precise as some of your stuff :) very inspirational.
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    absolutely love the aqua haired chick with the angel and demon as the wings, i wouldnt mind attempting a 3d version of that :)
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    njc6425 wrote: »
    absolutely love the aqua haired chick with the angel and demon as the wings, i wouldnt mind attempting a 3d version of that :)

Be my guest. It's a sort of realistic interpretation of the character Dizzy from Guilty Gear. It was supposed to be for the brawl challenge but I never got around making it in 3D.
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another WIP. Guess the inspiration? ;P

deathless_wip.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress Shmogress...
    deathless_wip_2.jpg
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    God damn, that part of the game scared the crap out of me. Awesome rendition :)
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad you like it! It was for the official tumblr where they been collecting arts and sounds until yesterday.

Check it out! Lots of great stuff and you can find mine there somewhere as well.
    http://sworcery.tumblr.com/

And here's the finished one. Spent a lot of time trying out different graphical elements and effects. The face is the part I spent the very least time on which I'm not sure was a good or a bad thing in the end.
    deathless.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To prevent myself from posting loads of shit later as before, here's another WIP.

Haven't done anything on the previous wips which is bad. Should perhaps finish one or two up.
    Basing on a rough sketch from my little sketchbook as usual. Finding to like this approach very much.
    mask_swirl_coat_wip.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baked my latest sculpture. The details are kinda hard to see but I'll post a pic anyway to show how the figure came out as a whole. Still some greenstuffing to do, like fixing the hands a bit and finishing the feet.
    Not the most exciting subject one could have chosen but the plan for this guy is to use it as a test for my first two part mold. Should hopefully get time over the weekend to arrange that.
    owlien_wip_2.jpg

Also got a wip illustration thing to show. Have a bunch in various stages now. Should finish them up...
    bird_man_lantern_wip.jpg
  • JoeCyriac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gorgeous stuff man! Really like the muted colour schemes you got going on.
  • guhhh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guhhh polycounter lvl 9
    Amazing sketchbook! great sense for 2d and 3d! keep rockin
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad you like my stuff. :)

Wanting to up my game in sculpture so I've had a couple going on at the same time. Most have been started over but got two that I might take to the finish. Still looking sketchy but hey it's a sketchbook right?
    sculpt_irnu_wip.jpg
    sculpt_birdman_wip.jpg

And come to think of it I actually finished up this one a while ago so here it goes!
    mask_swirl_coat.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just to keep this thread going, just bought myself my first sketchbook that actually looks like a proper book. It's black so I'm extra excited and I'm aiming to do lots of pages to show off here. Until then, have a sneak peak.

sketchbook_black_1.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got some more work done on the bird-man-thing. I'm liking the new direction I've taken but still need to resolve some things, like balancing contrast and make the arm-wings look more convincing. Does it read clearly that the creature is wearing a rubber headpiece of which the lantern is attached to?
    bird_man_lantern_wip2.jpg

Also did this a while ago, for a friends band. They recently got official with their first released single so check them out at http://www.facebook.com/hiljaofficial. I also did the logo design.
    555400_364918746904325_442500441_n.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And some sketchbookieness...

sketchbook_black_2.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • acapulco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acapulco polycounter lvl 9
    That sword and sworcery thing is cool! I like it!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    agreed, great job with that, really digging your stuff overall! I like your sculptures too, it's making me want to do some.
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad you like my stuff guys!

bounchfx, yes you should definitely do some! :)

Blocked out this cthulesque creature this evening. Took some heavy inspiration from this sculpt by Simon Lee.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nEv0qfTGYjQ/TtuNvQhlGgI/AAAAAAAA6QM/a7MdW96aWz4/s1600/cthulhuSpawnNum1-1.jpg

squidhead_wip_1.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been spending some time blocking out this new character of mine. Very fascinated by the tabletop game Warmachine lately and wanted to make my own "warcaster"(army general sort of), belonging to the russian style nation "Khador". Been borrowing lots of design element from the minis and making things up as I go along which has it good and bad sides.
    Feel I need to round up the design pretty soon and start resolving the mesh. As said, right now it's a blockout. The geo is pretty unclean.
    warcaster_wip_1.jpg
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Awwww yeah baby
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I take it that you like it.

Taking a break from the Warmachine character and got started on a headpiece I had in mind for an other project of sorts.
    tri_girl_wip_2.jpg
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    pity you had to cover her pretty face but the mask is interesting
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, a pity actually but so far the portrait I'm working on will stick to that idea. Maybe I'll make a variety with a full face perhaps.
    Anyway, it's the same mesh used for making the face of the warmachine character, just verts pushed around.
    Might even base several characters from the girl mesh in the future.

Once again I've half slaughtered a sculpture and blocked out new ideas. Still the same character I had in mind but new design. Dunno if I'll use the antennas for anything.
    sculpt_irnu_wip_2.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished up this guy.
    birdman_lantern.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunch-time sketches.

sketchbook_black_3.jpg
    sketchbook_black_4.jpg
    sketchbook_black_5.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dug up an old concept of mine which I'd wanted to take to 3d since I made it. Design needs some refinement though. Aiming for a tad more realism but still keeping the stylized flow of the forms, particularly the limbs.

mu_bot_wip_1.jpg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A little bit of update.

mu_bot_wip_2.jpg