Team Fortress 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• heinous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That stuff fixed the issues I was having as well with the MountError stuff, though I don't know for sure which part did the trick.

1st pack shot:
    WrathPack1.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    heinous wrote: »
    i made these 3 items to learn about normal mapping. made them all summer themed and submitted them:

I am sure if each model had a different material id assigned to it, the importer would have given you 3 materials to allow it to be a single submission.
  • heinous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 wrote: »
    I am sure if each model had a different material id assigned to it, the importer would have given you 3 materials to allow it to be a single submission.

how do i assign them? they are already differently named in blender's material tab. (drink_soldier_red.tga, drink_soldier_blu.tga, drink_demo_red.tga, drink_demo_blue.tga, etc)
  • Nicol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't understand if writing QC files is still necessary or not.. And if it is, the official guide https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Compiling_a_model is updated?

Every single thing I try seems to don't work.. It's becoming very frustrating
  • PootyforNicky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heinous wrote: »
    how do i assign them? they are already differently named in blender's material tab. (drink_soldier_red.tga, drink_soldier_blu.tga, drink_demo_red.tga, drink_demo_blue.tga, etc)

I'm not sure how all-class/multiple classes works, but in the importer, make sure it's set to different textures for red and blu. It will give you two VMTs (or more depending on how many materials exist for the model), a red and a blu. Import the texture to both and it should work. For something paintable, make sure the texture is grayscale, enable the checkbox in the material section, and change the rgb values in the VMT.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Nicol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So i'll try with hat before weap
  • JZeeba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D9B97A51C3DA2888B51306CBB4CF9C8375745FE1

Submitted to the workshop a few minutes ago. Made by ComfyCushion and myself.
    Pls vote if you like it :)
  • KeX HD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sry for posting 2 times.
  • KeX HD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi there, I'm new to polycount.
    I only wanted to show my Workshop Object. I hope you like it. :)

E0C79AE9049372F170CB42E5C4D651088EE7A2B3

8AD61F306F985A0AFA8ADD8A67D9867CCBC3ABC3

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=155986787

Please rate it, if you like it. :))
    Thank you for taking the time.
  • emrfish6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got another release

eyelander_sheath_promo1.png
  • The_Boxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello fellow TF2 people! I'm fairly new to Polycount but I've got some experience making and uploading some models for the game. My latest project is a redesign of this item I submitted to the workshop in the past. I've gotten to a point where I'd like to hear feedback about what I have so far. I can post up more perspective views if needed.

tCDqeGl.png
  • Sexy Robot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sexy Robot polycounter lvl 8
    Nobel's Six Pack

368AA2A88D72B3C75BD658CF861AF9758B6E1BB1

Go click that image and vote, darlings.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well happy to say if any of my items are accepted polycount will be getting paid! As well as a few others
  • heinous
  • PKSpark
  • EArkham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EArkham polycounter lvl 9
    Technically you can get "weapons" gold starred, but you have to do them as misc. You could probably even skin them to weapon_bone; however the triangle count limit is pretty extreme for a weapon (1400/800/600).

So... you can do backpacks, basically. :P

taNKnMv.jpg
  • PootyforNicky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally released another item. The summer claim checks are dropping, so I might as well get as many summer items in as I can.

3E6C40F54961134159B9F3C93EEBA8C081E61B90

(picture leads to workshop page)
  • SgtR007
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally finished up my summer submission, the Summer Surfer Pack. Please vote if you likey.

4CA489F74883E60F1EB96A10C23ACD1D10C2D365

5A5F7EED9045214F2F0F8938223B639285EAC071
    C7C64271D3B6EB8B5C47BB9681B20E529B1B71BE
    D0F5BB75BD265338154598431177F94DBCFD569F
  • Masich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With the release of The Quicksilver, my set, The Snake of Seoul, is finally complete!

73B54CBA13880EC4263F4703754A1260ABD4C70F
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=154836794

Hope you all like it.
  • KeX HD
  • PootyforNicky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another summer item!

63CC291F2AEF2323DEE89371AB2ECE60E3374EA3
    637x358.resizedimage

pictures lead to workshop page
  • Sexy Robot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sexy Robot polycounter lvl 8
    So, I decided to finally get this crap out of the way. No sense in waiting on it any longer.

Can O'Worms

B757BBA9071B1AE41905954E2B7CD8C1AC5705D4

Bass Dropper

2F3DA8765905E1DE314137AB5E102CA335588303

Puddle Stompers

B262C9008661273F548F085C7EEAD488293A50AB

Wet Works

A2B5B4ADA25B545EF6CC7FA6258DFAE7B2509DEE
  • heinous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Masich wrote: »
    With the release of The Quicksilver, my set, The Snake of Seoul, is finally complete!

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=154836794

Hope you all like it.

i remember seeing that knife here. it looks totally better now!
  • Voidoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Voidoid polycounter lvl 7
    C60DC4EDD511B8687B623E59AEC8824129401D58

The Delinquent's Downvest

Vote now or forever hold your peace.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    It's cool that Valve added the revenue split on items.

Xnormal and Polycount are tagged on my submissions now.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Little summer hat I just threw together:
    PreviewShark1.jpg
  • SedimentarySocks
    My first post here!
    ?id=156571361

?id=156568003
  • Baddcog
  • Nicol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm trying to make an hat, I've created the model, exported it as .smd, I'have not created textures yet, so I used a simple 512x512 blank file as a texture in the Import tools beta, now I'can't import a backpack icon (I've tried with blank 512x512 tga files because I can't get a screenshot of my hat in HLMV since I can't convert my smd files in .mdl). Also I'can't verify the hat, ir says Compile Failed and this:
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.tga
    - Compilation successful.
    Compiling VTF: materials\backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.vtf
    input file: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/akatux679/sourcesdk_content/tf/materialsrc/backpack/workshop/player/items/sniper/davy/davy
    output directory: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/team fortress 2/tf/materials/backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy
    config file c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/akatux679/sourcesdk_content/tf/materialsrc/backpack/workshop/player/items/sniper/davy/davy.txt
    SUCCESS: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/team fortress 2/tf/materials/backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy/davy.vtf is up-to-date
    Compiling VMT: materials\backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.vmt
    CTargetVMT::Compile OK! - materials\backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.vmt
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy_large.tga
    Compiling VTF: materials\backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy_large.vtf
    input file: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/akatux679/sourcesdk_content/tf/materialsrc/backpack/workshop/player/items/sniper/davy/davy_large
    output directory: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/team fortress 2/tf/materials/backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy
    config file c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/akatux679/sourcesdk_content/tf/materialsrc/backpack/workshop/player/items/sniper/davy/davy_large.txt
    SUCCESS: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/team fortress 2/tf/materials/backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy/davy_large.vtf is up-to-date
    Compiling VMT: materials\backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy_large.vmt
    CTargetVMT::Compile OK! - materials\backpack\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy_large.vmt
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy_color.tga
    Compiling VTF: materials\models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy_color.vtf
    input file: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/akatux679/sourcesdk_content/tf/materialsrc/models/workshop/player/items/sniper/davy/davy_color
    output directory: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/team fortress 2/tf/materials/models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy
    config file c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/akatux679/sourcesdk_content/tf/materialsrc/models/workshop/player/items/sniper/davy/davy_color.txt
    SUCCESS: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/team fortress 2/tf/materials/models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy/davy_color.vtf is up-to-date
    Compiling VMT: materials\models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.vmt
    CTargetVMT::Compile OK! - materials\models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.vmt
    Compiling DMX: models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.dmx
    Compiling QC: models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.qc
    Compiling MDL: models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.mdl
    all paths:c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\tf2_textures.vpk;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\tf2_sound_vo_english.vpk;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\tf2_sound_misc.vpk;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\tf2_misc.vpk;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\hl2\hl2_textures.vpk;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\hl2\hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\hl2\hl2_sound_misc.vpk;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\hl2\hl2_misc.vpk;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\hl2\;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\download\
    qdir: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\akatux679\sourcesdk_content\tf\models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\"
    gamedir: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\"
    g_path: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\akatux679\sourcesdk_content\tf\models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.qc"
    Building binary model files...
    Working on "davy.qc"
    DMX Model c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\akatux679\sourcesdk_content\tf\models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.dmx
    ERROR: unknown attachment link 'bip_head'
    ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'workshop/player/items/sniper/davy/davy.mdl'
    CTargetMDL::Compile Failed - c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\models\workshop\player\items\sniper\davy\davy.mdl
    Warning: CTargetZIP::Compile - Target 3 Compile Failed

What I'm supposed to do?
  • Nicol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok I fixed that BUT (there is also a "but" D: ) Now I've another problem.. The hat i realized is visualized not on the head but some inches over; actually the problem is that it's not bound to the head bone, so if the character is moving the hat remains still..
  • Jukebox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Nicol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Jukebox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Nicol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes! Thank you, I think I managed to achieve a good result.. Now I have to produce some nice shots of the hat
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HELP!!!

Ok, it's not that serious but I'm puzzled.

I have one submitted item already (the orc-cessories- see above post). It is rigged to the heavies foot bones (for the boot tips) and the shoulder bone.
    Everything works fine.

Now I am rigging another object (also heavy, same rig and even a newly imported y up rig). This one also uses multiple bones, but different ones.
    It uses spine 0 for one part of mesh, and an arm bone.

Here's the problem:

IF I attach the mesh to the spine bone it is attached properly in the beta importer.
    BUT if I attach both bones (spine and arm) then the object gets flipped on it's side in the import viewer. So the second bone completely realigns the mesh.

This doesn't happen on exactly the same rig for a shoulder/foot connection. But it wonks out on the spine/arm rig.
    Anyone else ever have this issue?

I'll probably just export as two misc items anyway but this bug seems to make no sense and it's driving me nuts, it should work fine.
    I'm using the wall worm exporter for Max2014
  • Jukebox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog wrote: »
    HELP!!!

Ok, it's not that serious but I'm puzzled.

I have one submitted item already (the orc-cessories- see above post). It is rigged to the heavies foot bones (for the boot tips) and the shoulder bone.
    Everything works fine.

Now I am rigging another object (also heavy, same rig and even a newly imported y up rig). This one also uses multiple bones, but different ones.
    It uses spine 0 for one part of mesh, and an arm bone.

Here's the problem:

IF I attach the mesh to the spine bone it is attached properly in the beta importer.
    BUT if I attach both bones (spine and arm) then the object gets flipped on it's side in the import viewer. So the second bone completely realigns the mesh.

This doesn't happen on exactly the same rig for a shoulder/foot connection. But it wonks out on the spine/arm rig.
    Anyone else ever have this issue?

I'll probably just export as two misc items anyway but this bug seems to make no sense and it's driving me nuts, it should work fine.
    I'm using the wall worm exporter for Max2014

Are you attaching the mesh to two bones simultaneously? If it is the TF2 engine probably decides to attach it to one bone instead of getting an error while trying to make it follow two separately moving bones. I would only assign each vertice to one bone at a time.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks but that's not the problem.

Like I said I have objects in game already that use different bones. Some even have multiple bones per vertex. (I think there is a max of 5 though I typically never use more than 2 which is enough for smooth transitions)

I just read through some tuts at the wall worm site, best i can think is I need to use $bodygroups (torso and arms). Still doesn't explain why other objects in the very same file/same rig/same export work just fine on multiple bones.

one is skinned to both arms (at least 4-6 bones)
    one is skinned to shoulder bone and both feet (3-4 bones)
    and they both work fine.

But the one rigged to spine 0 and lower arm bone goes wacky. This is also on my old exported heavy rig and a fresh export rig (to double check and make sure a bone isn't rotated or something weird).
  • Voidoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Voidoid polycounter lvl 7
  • EArkham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EArkham polycounter lvl 9
    Felt the urge to do a simple medieval item for the scout.

P7ARNGT.jpg
    YRFGISv.jpg

I also revised an older item, updated it for the new importer, and made it so it's for demo, pyro and soldier.

RgF9jj9.jpg
  • Nicol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems like I can't get my backpack icon to work.. Could someone link me a valid (tested with Import Tool) icon that works so I can try if it's a problem of the software or of my image?
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Nicolo,

Here ya go, backpack icon tested in game

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15441325/backpack_icon.zip

One thing I noticed. You can used PSD files for everything EXCEPT the icon.
    Make sure top and bottom 92 pixels of image are PURE black (diffuse AND alpha). (one pixel off will break it)

the image is 512x512. and saved as 32 bit tga.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 wrote: »
    Yeah it has to be something with the previewer. When the import tool compiles the model it does compile the jiggle bones properly, I believe the current limit is 6 jigglebones?

Well, I just tried jigglebones...

I recompiled an old model that had jigglebones (4 of them). I pasted jigglebone info straight from the valve dev site.
    $jigglebone "Antlion.glasswingR_bone" {
    	is_flexible {
    		yaw_stiffness 700
    		yaw_damping 6
    		pitch_stiffness 700
    		pitch_damping 8
    		tip_mass 5
    		length 30
    		angle_constraint 37
    	}
    }

and changed the bone name to one of my bones names. Compiled and finalized. (beta impoerter)

Then loaded the itemtest map and loaded the hat.

jigglebones did NOT appear to work. So I don't know what's up with that.
  • SgtR007
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D3F5D45129F3E8D08D9F0C75CB40B1B726E64192

Uploaded. Please vote if you feel so inclined.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I just tried jigglebones...
    jigglebones did NOT appear to work. So I don't know what's up with that.

Are your jiggle bones named "Antlion.glasswingR_bone" because that is what your code says
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, I renamed it jiggle_1 (to match my bone), that's just the code I copied from Valve wiki. I just posted it so you could see nothing was wrong with my qc bones code...too lazy to fix name ;)

Just seems like the qc editor in the beta import might not really work. You can type it in, and it saves it there, but I haven't seen confirmation that an item with editted qc actually works.

Not sure if there is something else that could be put in a qc to check also. Seems like most of that stuff is automatic (skin swaps and whatnot)
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just seems like the qc editor in the beta import might not really work. You can type it in, and it saves it there, but I haven't seen confirmation that an item with editted qc actually works.

All my gold star items with jiggle bones work just fine for all 4 of them. All I do is paste my code at the bottom of the QC.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, well I got the item placement issue worked out.

I re-exported my Brass Knuckle Sandvich item to gold star it.
    The file That I had before didn't work, same problem I was experiencing with the other item.
    1 mesh, (brass knuckles) weighted to left and right hands, one knuckle was properly placed, the other was floating.

So I split the mesh into two knuckles. weighted each mesh to it's own hand. Know they stay where they should.

I guess something changed to make meshes read the first attached bone first, idk.
    problems:

1: the second knuckle doesn't seem to move with the fingers as much during anims (laugh and shotgun hold), it clips a little. At least during the laugh it's hard to even see, and he wouldn't be holding the shotgun as they are a melee weap.

2: The lowest character LOD's don't have all the bones of the high. So one of the knuckles disappears/hard to align mesh.

3:my second lod is under 500, so I CAN'T put in a 3rd lod to fix the missing bone issue :( So either the second LOD has bad alignment on medium lod or the lowest lod is missing part of the item.

ughh, this might be better for valve but it's completely thrown a wrench in my works.
  • DatGmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DatGmann null
    68DA829ECACE070E8AB0790B1B8D038DF45AC6C9
    (it's allclass)
    637x358.resizedimage