Home Contests & Challenges Archives Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Dr.Eggman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackablade wrote: »
    I'd definitely go for the fountain pen tip.
    ist2_5101150-fountain-pen%5B1%5D.jpg

Yes, I did talk about this.
    Manuca wrote: »
    adjust_01.jpg

Left is better, I think. It's looks mad, but right looks like toy. Also Engineer with this eye looks like Alastor «Mad-Eye» Moody from Harry Potter series.

Mad_Eye_Moody_GoF.jpg
  • Kebab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the brushes, very useful! :thumbup:
    Thanks guys for your opinion! I thought it was very relevant and I came out with these two options, What do you think? I will need to change its name, any suggestion?
    adjust_01.jpg

Left one for sure. Could use some AO bake detail in the eye part.
  • Ruskeydoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    5546693160_cf00c3862b_b.jpg

5546111041_7de59ded75.jpg

A primary weapon shotgun for the heavy.

Aesthetically I'm trying to get something very simple and clean that might be able to pass itself off as a weapon from the original release.

Thoughts & crits?
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all!
    Thanks for all the comments! I made some adjustments in both versions of the eye, but I'm in doubt which of them I should submit. I'm not sure about the name too.

adjust_02.jpg
  • The Scrub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm for the steel eye
    call it "Dead Eye"
  • Mnemosynaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boomaconda wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I've been reading this thread since page 14 and just wanted to show off my first TF2 hat.
    c845b29f.jpg
    It's a Demoman hat based on Monty python's black knight.
    I'll try importing it tomorrow.

I'm looking for some advice and tips, so please give me some. thanks!

Awesome! Would you be willing to submit that for the fan-made Medieval Update? There's still at least 2-3 weeks until it goes live and Demoman is the only class we have no hats for.

If you're interested: http://medieval.kritzkast.thepodkast.com/submit.php
  • KevinLongtime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Steel eye version looks very nice
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Steel eye is awesome. Needs to be an accessory not a hat.
  • Sexy Robot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sexy Robot polycounter lvl 8
    1e6c3f9fe5aaa8f068d71ed5e3faa85f.png

Alternative version of the parachute.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    While that parachute looks nice, it's going to look pretty stupid with him running around and it sitting there like that. You need to make it look like it's being dragged behind him.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I think the version you had dropped over the banner pole was working pretty well.
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought pretty small.
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog wrote: »
    Steel eye is awesome. Needs to be an accessory not a hat.

I had imagined it, as a misc item.
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Scrub wrote: »
    I'm for the steel eye
    call it "Dead Eye"

Nice name Scrub!
    Thanks!
  • CWalkthroughs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CWalkthroughs polycounter lvl 6
    Nice name Scrub!

Do you plan on making your "Engineer Eye" item paintable?
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for those brushes Zip. I'm gonna put those into good use asap.

So I planned to show off a paintover of my tiki head hat concept I worked on earlier. My ultimate (and daunting) goal is to do one uniquely to each class. Here is the Red version of the tiki.

i1Fm5.jpg

However, a friend suggested a much better idea.....

B6adc.jpg

Gotta work on it a bit more, get it away from the shoulders and maybe play with the jaw a bit too. I'm also plan to model some hands holding the rope instead of it coming out of his mouth.

Update soon!
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you plan on making your "Engineer Eye" item paintable?

It should be great! the yelow part could be paintable.
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights wrote: »
    Thanks for those brushes Zip. I'm gonna put those into good use asap.

So I planned to show off a paintover of my tiki head hat concept I worked on earlier. My ultimate (and daunting) goal is to do one uniquely to each class. Here is the Red version of the tiki.

However, a friend suggested a much better idea.....

Gotta work on it a bit more, get it away from the shoulders and maybe play with the jaw a bit too. I'm also plan to model some hands holding the rope instead of it coming out of his mouth.

Update soon!

Nice idea! I prefer the second one, Let's see it texturized!
  • re.wind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paintalbe iris/pupil imo.

In other news, this guy is coming along nicely. I forgot to switch to the 512 texture as seen to scale for the renders. renders done using 2048 source file. Slowly getting the hang of tf2 style texture (kudos to Swizzle's thread), and i'm constantly noticing areas that require more detail, texture and geometry.

I'm also not particularly fond of wood, and the uv's can be improved, particularly the 4 'crossbows', if not stacking all 4 of them, two stacksshould free up some space to add geometry at a later stage.
    brass colour needs tweaking.
    block underneath the 4x 'crossbows' needs a purpose [geometry]
    ballista_asdf001.jpg
  • Tom3dJay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't update you much on that, but my Samaritan revolver is done.
    Worth submiting to tf2 contribute?

E: Model has a lot of chamfered edges to provide some highlights, but I ended up using normal map, which is not baked, but generated from AO. To my surprise, it looks pretty good.
    2011032200007.jpg
    2011032200009.th.jpg2011032200006.th.jpg2011032200003.th.jpgsamtex09m.th.jpg
  • Apocol0id
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lachtan wrote: »

E: Model has a lot of chamfered edges to provide some highlights, but I ended up using normal map, which is not baked, but generated from AO. To my surprise, it looks pretty good.

That looks pretty cool! Something about it seems off, not quite sure. The flat edge at the bottom of the handle seems to grab my attention every time...maybe add something on the bottom of the handle to make it more interesting? Perhaps a metal bit like this one to break up that flat area.

Le-mat-revolver.jpg
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lachtan wrote: »

Nice weapon Lachtan,
    But I Think that there are too much color information on the weapon comparing with the existing ones, if you take of the red details leaving only the metal and wood color it will minimize this feeling.

weaponsref.jpg
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Having trouble deciding which one I like more.....

Thoughts?

upkTG.jpg
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's almost done. Do you have any other comment?

dead_eye_01.jpg
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd definitely buy it if it was in the store :D
  • Phaser Rave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Manuca I'd love to have that. I'd name it after the Borg. It seems fitting of the Engineer considering that he's already a cyborg.

I've finally been able to successfully compile and position The Mad Hat to source, so you can now wear it as a hat replacement if you want. It took hours and hours over an eternity to do.
    http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/108136
    item_test0006.jpg
  • Simski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Manuca, could you show an in game screenshot?

It looks like the texture might look a bit too detailed, but perhaps it looks different in game.
    TF2 uses rather simple textures, if they're too detailed they start looking gritty and reminding more of the Bioshock artstyle than TF2.

You could try comparing it to the Gunslinger for example, if it matches the Gunslinger then it fits perfectly.
  • Tom3dJay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Apocol0id Thanks for feedback, I would add something interesting, but model and UVs are already done :/ I'm sure you won't notice in-game tho.

@Manuca You're right, I didn't think about that one, but I still kinda like it. I guess I'll make one "neutral" texture.

Dead eye is looking pretty good. I like the orange color the best.

@Phaser_Rave Thanks for sharing your hat man, that's pretty neat.

@BlvdNights Go for C
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all feedback! and thanks for the hat Phaser! it's very nice!
    Simski, I don't know to compile yet, but I'm learning and once I've learned I'll do that, at first I think I will take off the scratch on the globe, It's a very small detail.
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thoughts?

I prefer the A, I like his expression and I think that the scale of his hands is more appropriate.
  • Clarke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thoughts?
    Your hat prompted me to reply. It never crossed my mind till now but what if there was a "single" hat in the game with multiple variants. It'd be cool to try and collect all the versions.

Looking at all of the work in this thread inspires me to learn 3D modeling and such.
  • Sharkisss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys i was trying to make a scarf for heavy and i need your ideas, crits and help. I have made the biggest part of the scarf the only thing left is the knot. I don't really know how to make it, so i need your help with it. What do you think i should do ?

scarfj.png
    scarf11.png

scarffff.png
  • kwant111
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im busy with a soldier set based on rocket jumping.
    made this toy plane rocket launcher in a few hours.
    Id like to have some critics/comments on this model ^^
    EDIT: OFC, its still heavily wip and this is just the base.PLANE_V2.png
  • re.wind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When will people learn that png images are only acceptable for finalized high-rez losless images, NOT screen-captured WIP images. :-| you're helping to clog up the internets with excessive bytes :-\ /pet peeve

In other news, tweaked wood texture, adequate for now.
    512 diffuse.
    ballista_lod0_10.jpg
  • Tom3dJay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    re.wind wrote: »
    In other news, tweaked wood texture, adequate for now.
    512 diffuse.

Something about the color doesn't seem to be right, I'd say brown wood would be more interesting. But that's really a personal opinion.
  • Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    postal.png

just a little melee weapon for the pyro im working on called "the postal pummeler". did a quick and crappy ao job just to make everything visible in the screen shot. its supposed to be a similar style weapon as the power jack. might have to edit the proportions abit to make it fit into the pyros hands.
    crits offcourse are welcome

also @Manuca that looks amazing! really great work
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated paintover. C&C are very welcomed!

8DaD1.jpg
  • Thrillho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

just a little melee weapon for the pyro im working on called "the postal pummeler". did a quick and crappy ao job just to make everything visible in the screen shot. its supposed to be a similar style weapon as the power jack. might have to edit the proportions abit to make it fit into the pyros hands.

That's just more proof that the Pyro is mail. :-)
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    @Doughnut Bear, Every once in a while when I check this thread I see an item and wish I had come up with it. That mailbox hammer is one of them. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

@BlvdNights, Looking pretty nice. It's very very large though and I'm not sure the helmet thing is working out. It completely makes the head invisible, especially from behind, which will make it very hard for Snipers. I think if you were to try out some masks instead of helmet-type things you'd be able to get the same general shapes and feel without needing it to be so giant.
  • blaholtzen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated paintover. C&C are very welcomed!

8DaD1.jpg

first of, awesome!

secondly, is that blue on red? if so why?

also try to sample as many colors from the heavy as you can, make sure the bullets in the back there have the same color as the bullets on heavy (yellow on blue orange on red) and the red on the face seems just a tad off(?)

also i really like the soviet symbol you got in like that
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    @BlvdNights, Looking pretty nice. It's very very large though and I'm not sure the helmet thing is working out. It completely makes the head invisible, especially from behind, which will make it very hard for Snipers. I think if you were to try out some masks instead of helmet-type things you'd be able to get the same general shapes and feel without needing it to be so giant.

Yea, you're right. I just took a look at the store and I don't see a hat like that. (except the paperbag mask and Spartan helms) I'll play around with the idea of the mask. Thanks for the feedback.
    blaholtzen wrote: »
    first of, awesome!

secondly, is that blue on red? if so why?

also try to sample as many colors from the heavy as you can, make sure the bullets in the back there have the same color as the bullets on heavy (yellow on blue orange on red) and the red on the face seems just a tad off(?)

also i really like the soviet symbol you got in like that

Thanks blah :D

I definitely agree on the bullets, and the other color changes that need to be made. Originally I had the medic surfboard on his back completely white but I was just playing around with some colors for it.. Still not satisfied with the board design. My plan is to eventually make the Red and Blue variations for each hat.

But thanks for the feedback too!
  • Manuca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Great idea Doughnut Bear! You Could smash it! like if it already had hit someone.

postal_sugestion.jpg
  • Rada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    postal.png

just so you know someone already made a weapon like that on Facepunch for pyro or scout i forget which, don't know if it was contributed though
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Took the advice and made a mask I feel pretty good about.

C&C welcomed

xGrHY.jpg
  • Pogo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry to say this but I'm still getting a goatse vibe with that tiki mask

cannot unsee.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pogo wrote: »

cannot unsee.

You wouldn't be the first to say that. I think if anything that adds to it ;)
  • BenHenry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenHenry polycounter lvl 11
    @DoughnutBear: I love the mailbox man, but were you using colossal's concept?
  • Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @BenHenry to be honest im not sure what you are referring to :/
  • Tehrasha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tehrasha polycounter lvl 11
    Pogo wrote: »

cannot unsee.

*phew* Glad I wasnt the only one.
    I wasnt going to say anything. :)
  • BenHenry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenHenry polycounter lvl 11
    @DoughnutBear: A while back on a few forums, Colossal published a public concept here...
    soldier_melee_001.png
    Just sayin, if you made it with this concept, you should give colossal credit too.