• whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
  • cycloverid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cycloverid polycounter lvl 15
    I was hoping to see a healthy dose of pior-texturing. This is cool too though!:)
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Loving the tron stuff, man, looks fantastic. The only crit I could give would be that the dark parts of the bodies are too dark. Like flat black. It might be kinda cool to add some anatomical spec details to bring out the fact that they do have bodies. But that's just a thought, it looks great as is.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, texture from Pior should be great.
    edit: at least diffuse
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    :\ I gotta say, as neat as the Tron looking stuff is... I much prefer the feeling of the original posts direction over where they've been taken with this mod. So much goodness gone now thats its highlights of topographical design and not much else :(

She had so much potential and it sort of feels wasted on that mod, ya know?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Oh, thats interesting! Thanks for the feedback guys.

The pitch black version was made especially for that mod - it's not the final direction of the character. However I feel like I could get bored of her rather quick, so it was a fast way to bring her to a certain level of completion/satisfaction - and a very insightful exercice in character design too. I like how a few lines can be enough to describe a female silhouette.

I do agree about adding some spec, it makes sense. But we still have to decide how the neon stuff will behave in the mod and whatnot. In that regard I think she really should stay minimal. Plus ... it's all segmented anyways! so rather impossible to texture nicely (either through a bake, or manually). But yes, a nice tight sheen could add quite a bit of depth at a cheap cost. Thanks for the suggestion! I am also thinking of exporting a subdivided version of her for the closest lod - the lines really work better when subd'd. (like in the portrait shot)

I kindof want to bing that character in different directions from now on, mostly pure sculpts/3d prints since I don't see much interest for downloadable game characters anymore anyways. Will try to explore the robot/human split a bit further, I think it's a very rich scope (even if done and redone since decades already) plus it resonates well with alot of personal pop culture favorites.

Robots in bikini, oh yeah!!
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Badass man.

All i have to say and all there really is to say....
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright next step!

I took the rigged UT model, destructured it a little for greater flexibility (torso split in 3 sections to get better shape interlocking, same for the legs) and got a static object that should behave okay for voxelling.

Also having the rig ready on the side should let me pose sculpted pieces of armor more easily. However I am not ery sure yet on how I will get those super dense voxel pieces back in Max from 3DCoat since such pieces will be so heavy. Maybe I'll end up having to keep everything in 3DC and import the rig there for transpose reference. Will see.

Also have to reimport the magnetic uberbrake and armor pieces from the earlier higholy version ... brain hurts ...!

pior_fight_rig_small.jpg

Renaud, I made a more speccy variant of the UT model, toning down the glowing parts too and it looks much better :P Thanks for the hint, will screenshot!
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    hehe glad to hear ! The rig, the global shapes and the pose are looking SEXY ! Can't wait for in-game screenies ^^
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dcoat basemesh ready!
    I want to pimp her up, all armored up instead of just a tight suit. keeping the arms and legs for later, I want to have voxelfun on that torso ...

pior_fight_3dcoat_basemesh_small.jpg

Also recorded the basemesh modelling session... will upload post soon.
  • HntrLuc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    this is looking really cool pior!
    just curious what the thought process is on having the spine of the rig in the default position rather than conforming to the model?
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    btw, I want this model for SF IV. But I'm sure you was thinking about it, don't you? :D Wonder how far you can go with "moding" in this game, though.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    cool, Pior!
    looking forward to see some sculpt action from you, friend.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started messing around at lunch ... Still have to find the proper level of detail I want...
    (yeah Renaud I was thinking about that the whole time!)

pior_fight_helmet_001.jpg
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    looking forward to see it done! i should definitely do more hard surface stuff >_<
    very nice work so far :)
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    sweet! I guess that's mostly voxel adding and substracting shapes in 3dcoat and that you made a nice library with shapes to use? =)
    And those little wires and pipes is with the spline tool? Really like it, makes me want to man up and try more hardsurface stuff :p
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well that one was made using the default stuff, but yeah I pretty much spent a whole day this weekend just making bits and pieces :P

Some footage, nothing crazy, just stacking primitives together since it'll all be voxelled.

armor_modeling.jpg
    timelapse x4.

http://vimeo.com/6363495
    http://vimeo.com/6367256
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay so I sarted disliking the body and face more and more so I restarted them, pretty much. Still have to resculpt the body.
    Now the gear really doesn't fit to it anymore ... but retrofitting all that shouldn't be much of a big deal.

Black and White!

pior_femalebase_wip_001_small.jpg
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    pior wrote: »
    Started messing around at lunch ... Still have to find the proper level of detail I want...
    (yeah Renaud I was thinking about that the whole time!)

pior_fight_helmet_001.jpg

win :)

new head looks cool (albeit manly from the front, think it's the roundness of the 'muzzle' area if that makes sense (the form that comes off the sides of teh nose and wraps around the mouth)... and the jaw is fairly square :P)
    Still really dig the original green head. Cool to see you updating this some moar =D
  • Omar_Nabiev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omar_Nabiev polycounter lvl 18
    Pior, that's your style, and i like it very much!
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    pretty manly in the front view, but damn i love those shapes
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehe yeah I agree about the front view - I guess I was staring at the boobs too much hehe. Anyways, just an early pass. Funny how the character's ... character (?) can change with the angle. I think I just need to fill up that face a little.

Got a few funny plans for the uncovered version of the face ... more of that soon.

[edit] ninja update ... time for bed!
    pior_femalebase_wip_002_small.jpg
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    very sexy, feels disco.
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i love the style of these, very excellent, and overall just killer female proportions, not an easy thing to do. dont know how i feel about the hard edge across the front of her chin, but everything else is stunning. o the fighting pose without the gear is awesome as well. i am inspired!

-Woog
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    Always a pleasure to behold your sculpts man!!! Has been interesting to see the model change over the months!! when the projects go on for too long and your tastes change, you look back and go, wtf thats not what i remember at all!! *starts again*
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sortof rigged ... now got to find a non artsy-fartsy pose hehe. And resculpt!

pior_femalebase_wip_003_small.jpg
  • soda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pior is AWSOM what You do with poligons, cant wait to see more. I like previous version of face, I think sharpen edges was more interesting, but is only my opinion :)
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ what he said :P

digging the proportions and sculpting on the body thus far, wasn't sure about the larger feet and calves originally but can't go without them now =D
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey glad you like it!
    Going for a subtle pose ... if not, the whole rig breaks hehe.
    Sculpting a new pass, with everything posed, no symmetry. Somehow gives a genuine clay feeling, but it takes tiiiiime!

Bed!

pior_femalebase_wip_004_small.jpg
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    En effet elle a un bon ptit cul et c'est bien ta specialite! :)
    J'dirais meme pas salope car elle fait tres correct et che pas ya comme un cote amicale dans sa facon de regarder :/

Good one Pior!
    I really like the KatamariDamashi helmet ^_^!!
    And very "techno" style etc!

Yeah good!
  • BlackulaDZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow man, awesome character, such a strong face, I feel like the feet might be just a tad large though?
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Always a pleasure to see an update.
    Great masculinity aspects all over the place.I love how even your sculpts go along your usual texturing style :)

Sweetness :)
  • Rens
  • Jib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jib
    Raaaaah love your work !
  • Nick Carver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick Carver polycounter lvl 10
    Looking good, Pior! I really like the proportions and the face-type is really refreshing. The only small suggestion I would make is to turn her left leg and have her left foot pointing out a bit. Otherwise it's supercool and I commend your ability to do art outside of work!
  • OrganizedChaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OrganizedChaos polycounter lvl 17
    This thread just keeps getting better and better, very nice work :) I can't wait to see the final version
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    yeah better and better

keep it up Pior!
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    those proportions are just too sexy for me to handle.
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Love it, I was idly browsing when I saw funky helmets and stylish beauties and thought "This kind of awsum has to be Pior!"

I instantly thought of the fight helmet girl from your site, are you going to colour her as vibrant to keep up with those vibrant curves ;)
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Firebert wrote: »
    those proportions are just too sexy for me to handle.

Seriously.... mmm mmm mmmmmmmm!
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    love the proportions and the style pior, the big calf muscles are awesome! :)
  • Spinks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spinks polycounter lvl 18
    awww.. photobucket blocked the last one. happened to me once as well. prude bastards.
  • turpedo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turpedo polycounter lvl 12
    Hey Pior,

Glad to see that you're still working on this. This character is looking fantastic!

I'm on the same page as Nick Carver, I think the post would look better if you turned the foot slightly.

Other than that, this is looking uber!
  • zacko9000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dude this kicks ass. The way you do faces = awesomeness.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehe Nick, sleep is overrated!
    As for the foot it might be clearer in that shot, it's actually bent in - but I think it was less in the previous max screengrab.
    Glad you guys seems to like it. Sculpting 'in place' really is a great feeling. Lots of extension/compression to think about everywhere, very satisfying!

So I decided to dress up in her boxing training gear, Trying to get a feel for clothing detail now. Got all the rest concepted already, but wanted to go simple and minimal for the shorts...
    Would be nice to have her two versions side by side : training-human VS action-metalhero

Had to take photobucket precautions too ... beeeh.

pior_femalebase_wip_005_small_PRUDE.jpg
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boo, down with photobucket censorship >:{

and looking incredibly sexay... huge megaman legs and all :)
    what's the deal with the seams/seperations around the arms and hands if you don't mind me askin. looks cool and all, just... what's up wit dat? :P

oh, and white hair looks cool on the darker skin too ^^
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh these seams are just a side effect of a very, very crude rigging. (sectionned basemesh proxy > rig > skinwrap of the higher density version over that proxy > done! takes about 5 minutes. If only I knew how to blend weights across bones just a little bit, in one click, that would be much better ... I could go in with a brush and smooth-paint the weights but it starts taking too much time ...)

Mesh is still watertight and continuous, it just requires a little bit careful 'fill brush' and smoothing. I started getting rid of all that in another file but decided to focus on the gear mostly for now. As for the wrists, they'll likely will be covered by gloves so no biggie :P

Dark skin is just a side effect of Mud's 'lock selected', happy accident yup!
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    this is delicious, Im liking the proportions alot!
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    mad crazy proportions!