Home General Discussion

Star Trek Movie

Replies

• PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    But at the same time I can't fault his acting, that was pretty solid.

hahah uh what....? "hi chris....im nero" i couldnt tell if that was meant to be taken seriously, but most of his lines were delivered deadpan without any emotion and hes supposed to be feeling intense inner pain? his was the only performance I would pick apart as it seemed super inconsisitent and his natural accent fadded in and out half the time. all the other actors carried it solidly, especially karl urban, crazy likeness in terms or mannerisms. furious eye brows i tell you...
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahah uh what....? "hi chris....im nero" i couldnt tell if that was meant to be taken seriously,.

Really? That was clearly meant to be a joke. It got a good laugh in the theatre I was in.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ooooo i didnt even realize that was eomer. im teh lame when it comes to putting names with faces, especially hollywood.
  • JacqueChoi
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    I've always thought Star Trek was about as corny as it gets but man this movie was awesome! Totally gave someone like me who never was a fan a whole new outlook when I heard the words "star trek."
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    "hi chris....im nero" i couldnt tell if that was meant to be taken seriously, but most of his lines were delivered deadpan without any emotion and hes supposed to be feeling intense inner pain?

His character wasn't supposed to be sophisticated or deep. He wasn't a super genius or a military leader. He wasn't a smooth, charismatic politician. The guy was supposed to be a mining foreman. He was supposed to be a salt-of-the-earth, blue-collar worker. And as far as intense inner pain goes, do you really think a regular joe is going to radiate that kind of emotion constantly? He starts the movie off by killing a guy in a fit of rage. But then he has 25 years to sit around and stew. I thought the deadpan approach to the character seemed proper. After all that time he's going to have become considerably more acclimated to his own grief. It still serves as ample motivation, but I wasn't dissapointed that he didn't emote about it constantly.
  • Rory_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
    sry to rez this thread, but I just saw it. This movie rocked and sorry to all you kirk fans out there but spock was the freaking man in this one. I was also keeping an ear out for the song on the Star Trek trailer because I luvz me some soundtracks, but I never heard it in the actual movie. Ah well, movie still kicked ass.