Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    ehehe, Mop, good joke)
  • Kessler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kessler polycounter lvl 17
    penis head is cool but I really like the horn bag guy.. he is the winner.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Completely sick Kite! Not sure where the tongue/cape thing is going but the torso is lovely. You have really captured the feeling of skin well. I really believe the guy is/was a living creature.

- BoBo
  • meshiah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meshiah polycounter lvl 17
    yea, soo well done, cant choose a concept, i almost like the brick head just cause i like wierd shit, but im sure it will be good in the end, great work
  • chico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chico polycounter lvl 17
    that is just wickedly cool
  • Blk Biscuit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ridiculously Awesomenesssss, as usual. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. :)
  • Abe_hokage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    o my! beautifull work! what a nice texture work as well...a mix of the second and the third woul dwork i think...the first one top part look like genitals somwhow..although i must just be a bit not right in me head lol
    keep it up :)
  • iatriki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    come on, man, don't keep us waiting! show us them updates!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    oh dear, time is running out! will the kite fly?
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak polycounter lvl 17
    :*(

This is one of our heavy hitters. You can't bail kite D:
  • natetheartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    natetheartist polycounter lvl 9
    Hey, where's the final screens of that walking tower of labia-piercings?
  • kite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite polycounter lvl 17
    thanks guys, didn't realise the thread was alive and kicking. Afraid i've lost interest in the character a bit and i haven't managed to do anything on him since last post. Maybe pick him up after the comp when i get some fresh ideas and more free time. and a concept!

firebert - cheers bert
    malus - thanks malus, it's just a wiggly edge, extruded, then soft selected into the shape of the collar. Then cloth modifier applied with self collisions on to flow it around the cape - cape set as a collision object and position of the verts of the frill inside the cape preserved.
    mop - thanks mop
    morte - cheers morte
    gavku - thanks gav
    conte - thanks conte
    renaud - keep meaning to, whenever i get desperate for work i'll put something up :)
    Gossss- thanks
    conte - thanks again you
    spacemonkey - cheers tim!
    rv_el - your quit quitbounced and quitted me. curse you!
    wizo - sorry :(
    bilbana- thanks bilbana
    adarius td - ta
    foreverending - cheers foreverending
    ironhawk - thanks ironhawk
    konstruct - cheers konstrukt
    EQ- ta EQ
    hellmark - hehe no it won't!
    hntrluc - was going to be a big cloth tongue hanging out with stylised entrails made out of ribbons
    onelung - cheers onelung
    parnell - see above !
    jeremy-s -thanks jeremy
    arsh - cheers arsh, flaked out :(. yeah intestines was where i was heading, but kind of thought they would be made of fabric
    mop - it is based on his role in a view to a kill
    feralgrin - cheers feralgrin
    jox- thanks
    Ap - cheers
    nikudy - thanks nikudy
    oglu thanks oglu
    55joe- cheers joe
    cold - thanks cold, i do appreciate the paintovers. the big lumpy back was an attempt to return to the hunched vaguely skeksis look from the initial concept
    kessler - ta
    bobo - cheers bobo
    meshiah - thanks mesh
    chico - thanks chico
    blk biscuit - ta biscuit
    abe_hokage - haha those aren't my concepts dude
    iatriki - sorry :(
    Mop - sorry mop, bailing again :o
    coldkodiak - haha thanks coldkodiak, lovely work on your entry
    nate - thanks nate, that's about as final as he'll get for now :)

Thanks for the comments everyone, best of luck to everyone who's still competing!
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Belltann polycounter lvl 17
    Know the feeling, happens all to often that i lose intresst in my characters to. Was nice to have you in the comp, scaring the shit out of the competition :)
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    what a cock tease.

but I know the feeling.

this was awesome though. somehow ur still getting better.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's a bummer that you're out. You're work is always a treat! I don't know how long your first Dom War entry stayed on my desktop but it was well past DW2.
  • nikudy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nikudy polycounter lvl 13
    sad to hear this, but hey if it's not fun it's not worth it ( who am i kidding ? how could you do... this .... ? how ... ? :( ). just kidding.

could you at least post your last progress with the character. i was curious about the lower body ?

-claudiu
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    Really sad to hear this kite. Your character was my favorite in the whole comp. No doubts in my mind you would have put the "Dominance" into Dominance War. Hopefully we will get to see this guy completed someday soon.

In the meantime, how about putting up a portfolio site so we can all enjoy your work? :) That splash page is cool, but I want more, moar, MOAR! Thanks for creating such inspirational works over the years. Even though this one hasn't been completed yet, it's another great addition to an awesome portfolio
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    You suck dude!

but yeah, take a break of it and come back later.
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im not angry, im just dissapointed...kidding, it was a phenomenal start, but i fully understand being too busy to compete. Best of luck on finishing this one and u r still the king in my book.

-Woog
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    This guy was easily my favorite entry, so it kinda sucks to hear you won't be able to finish it by the deadline, but honestly, I'd rather have you take your time and finish it right, than rush it, and force it, and have a lackluster finish when you're just not feeling it. So Yeah, come back to it when you have the time and inclination to do so.

Thanks for the inspiration in the mean time. I'm still inspired by it. :)
  • Sputch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sputch polycounter lvl 18
    GAH! NO! I checked this thread like twice a day. I bet my friends at work you'd win for sure. Though I can hardly criticize as I gave up on the deadline ages ago. I enthusiastically concur with the others...WEBSITE. How bout a blog at least? They are dead easy and you don't even need hosting. P-P-Puh-lease?
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    AHAHAHAHHA Atleast u went further then me, :)
  • fei-rukawa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey MrKite, there's an extension of 7 days for the Dominance war, don't give up!!
  • garagarape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garagarape polycounter lvl 9
    Seven days extension man! It seems that some people on Polycount are not aware of that. May be a chance to finish your monster after all.