Home Stickies

[P&P] - What Are You Working On? 2009 Edition!

Replies

• Kimono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kimono polycounter lvl 10
    Made this a couple of days ago, it's 16 tris and 1 512^2 there is no spec map on it yet and I'm wondering whether it would be worth it. Maybe a gloss map.

21kl1g0.jpg
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg - if you can scan them properly, you could offer a Decal-Package. Sure these would make great little details in some post-apocalyptic mod :)
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    That is very cool Virtuosic! A lot of things going on in his face, did you used morphing for that? Can you show the skeleton?

Awesome stuff Ferg, the bird face is especially cool!
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    soldat_03b.jpg currently working on some basic shapes for an airborn soldier, as the last version was to aristocratic and therefore not the right direction
  • super_villain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    super_villain polycounter lvl 11
    Awesome stuff ferg. You outta make a decal pack. Then you have your graffiti art in Seattle and in a few virtual worlds.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    nice stickers ferg.
    some cool enviro stuff too.

dig the dumpster and crate

perhaps the nose at the base should turn up a bit more neox, not just the tip

great start though
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    really dig the sword vahl, would LOVE to know what your displacement trick is in the grip :D
  • StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popping in with some work-in-progress non-digitals

Love your stickers Ferg, awesome!

DSC_5251.jpg
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Looks like a good bottle opener, for the after-slaughter brew.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks ruz, love the oldschool work, love the way you are heading in genereal it's all so smooth and clean, really nice unique, yet retro looking style

went into a little different direction with the nose
    soldat_03d.jpg
    and played around with hair/beard
    http://nonpublic.airborn-game.com/wip/neox/chars/soldiers/thin/soldat_03da.jpg

@ferg: those stickers are cool
  • Mechadus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is my only decent wip for 2009 so far.

Piece of advice... Dont buy an old house... ever. Anyway, I know what I dont like about this, but Id love to hear what everybody else has to say. This is what Im calling a Medium Poly version - Im not planning on putting this in game (its for an animation) - once the design is where I want it, Im going to add all the high poly details.

Steam_Truck_WIP_2.jpg

Hopefully if nothing else falls off my house Ill be posting a bunch of low poly stuff soon
    -Nick
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    cheers neox, I am trying to change direction a little these days.

New head is cool, nice pointy chin. like the angular look overall

Mechadus - the tyre tread needs to be a lot more distinctive .

I am not really a techy type , but that kind of stands out for me

StJoris - nice beer bottle collection :)
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    Mechadus wrote: »

Piece of advice... Dont buy an old house... ever. Anyway, I know what I dont like about this, but Id love to hear what everybody else has to say. This is what Im calling a Medium Poly version - Im not planning on putting this in game (its for an animation) - once the design is where I want it, Im going to add all the high poly details.

Steam_Truck_WIP_2.jpg

Hopefully if nothing else falls off my house Ill be posting a bunch of low poly stuff soon
    -Nick

This is pretty bitchin', but you need to make larger, more interesting treads instead of your current bump-mapped treads. Get some real big knurls like construction equipment. Also the cab is really short looking - I'd raise the roof and the exhaust behind it by about 3ft and build the cockpit area so the character has to climb up.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah, what they said ^
    The only thing that jumped out at me was the tires.
    Other than that it's a great piece.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    More progress with this dude, this time for traditional texture work.. i'm like oxided lol

fanatico_test.jpg
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tacit math polycounter lvl 17
    reckon it'd look pretty mean to drop the tread all together and have them as racing slicks. might be a nice contrast to all the other detailing
  • ThatDon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThatDon polycounter lvl 11
    nice one Blaizer :)
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    got a chance to work on this some more today , gonna probably work on it tonight as well, a quick paint over idea of what im going for

roughgoing.jpg
  • eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape: That sure is a heavy ass truck! Looking neat. And yeah, the treads are a little weak.

So heres what Ive been doing. A class assignment and DW practice. Im really looking for some critique, since I never get any critique Im getting a little desperate, so heres a link to my thread :)

http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=61281

5-1.jpg
  • rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super nice, Blaizer.
  • Mechadus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Ruz and Ghostscape: Its funny, the wheels / tires are the part Im least happy with so far. I had not thought of racing slicks tho.. thats an idea worth exploring.

Im still working with the cab to try and get the proportions right.. I just knocked out a rough interior for it. This beast needs a 3 man team to drive it - there are only 2 seats because the engineer is always on his feet, and he doubles as a spotter when manuvering, as you could loose a small country in this things blind spots. I kept the doors low to try and give it some sort of aircraft hatch feel, but Im still not sure it looks right... opinions?

I also finally figured out the front suspension. The front wheel is finally attached, and it actually has room to turn - wow. I cant wait to start adding details and get this thing surfaced.

Steam_Truck_WIP_4.jpg

-Nick
  • DInusty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DInusty polycounter lvl 17
    screwing around in zbrush. strange to do a character for a change.

personal4.jpg
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    holy confusing shader, batman!
    looks nice though, from what I can make out.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Eric there is something really funny going on with the arms. Could be the rigging/posing.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    @ Ruz and Ghostscape: Its funny, the wheels / tires are the part Im least happy with so far. I had not thought of racing slicks tho.. thats an idea worth exploring.

Im still working with the cab to try and get the proportions right.. I just knocked out a rough interior for it. This beast needs a 3 man team to drive it - there are only 2 seats because the engineer is always on his feet, and he doubles as a spotter when manuvering, as you could loose a small country in this things blind spots. I kept the doors low to try and give it some sort of aircraft hatch feel, but Im still not sure it looks right... opinions?

I also finally figured out the front suspension. The front wheel is finally attached, and it actually has room to turn - wow. I cant wait to start adding details and get this thing surfaced.

Steam_Truck_WIP_4.jpg

-Nick

go with the racing slick idea rather than the knobbly tyres, IMO knobs would make too much detail noise, and the nice smooth tyres would add some nice big shapes to offset what detail you already have
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    lunchbreak bevels! After the mini I felt like getting some bevelling out of my system ^^

speedy2.jpg
  • Mechadus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer wrote: »
    lunchbreak bevels! After the mini I felt like getting some bevelling out of my system ^^

Nice model - love the details around the brackets and the driveshaft.

-Nick
  • Ajax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ajax polycounter lvl 18

Steam_Truck_WIP_2.jpg

-Nick

That thing is a monster!
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qm echasud: crazy truck, but i don't know is this a real machine? i have no knowledge about trucks etc, but i looks a little like lego technics to me as everything is so big and fat that it almost feels like a toy, at least to me, but i only know trucks from over the top, you know that cheesy sly stallone movie :D

ok here we go

soldat_04.jpg
    worked a bit more on the forms and blocked his first head gear, 3 more hatvariations to come, but going to do one body first.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    I love the fly-eyes look of these goggles Neox :)
    Airborn is a real blast to follow :)
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    NEox, that is grrrrrrrrrrrreat.
  • Maks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maks polycounter lvl 14
    Neox: awesome :)

I tried some alpha map stuff.
    I´d learned alot, hope it looks fit.
    Next step is to put it into ut3.

kabelsalatpresent2.jpg
    w1024.png
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    ram skull ornament for a door, still wip

ram_skull_wip_by_jujikabane.jpg
  • Ryan Smith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryan Smith polycounter lvl 11
    Davision3D wrote: »
    That is very cool Virtuosic! A lot of things going on in his face, did you used morphing for that? Can you show the skeleton?

Awesome stuff Ferg, the bird face is especially cool!

I did not use morphing. Instead i used controll points in case i wanted to import it into a game engine down the road.

I put together a little composition of the wireframe and the control points if you want to check it out.

Youtube didn't like my export from premier so it kind of scrunched it alittle. Sorry for the quality.

Try going to the actual site and maximizing it. You can actually see the control points and such.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZhBBGqhApk[/ame]
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Dirty window, no spec map yet

windowwip.jpg
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Looks nice Mike, not sure how I feel about what seems to be rust running down the glass, but the spec map might fix that.
  • bommel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mickey Mouse 09

mickeymouse.jpg
  • okno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been working on my sculpting and anatomy lately. Unfortunately I'm still stuck with blender on a 6-year old computer, so I can only work on things under 300,000 polys :(
    headz1.jpg

Lol, that's funny bommel
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    I think that looks great okno, a lot of sculpting studies I do myself are only around 150k in Silo if with a decent basemesh. It's great practice to focus on form. Nice face.
  • erik!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pelican case! Not entirely based on one case, therefore not 100% accurate, but I'm not worried about that. Weighs in at a whopping 1598 tris! Screens from Unreal.
    Case01.jpg
  • warriah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warriah polycounter lvl 12
    AimBiZ: yeah i'l work more on the legs area. i added something to hold the belt up. im gona stick with the color for his body, but im totally lost on what kind of colors to go with the gear n shtuff
    vahl:thanks, cool sword by the way. i could never get clean results for details on the handle like that.
    slum: thanks, its getting there very slowly.
    ruz: sweet texture work so far.
    erik:i dig it
    neox:those characters your pumping out look great. nice and clean.

small update. didnt touch the pants yet or the backpack.
    wippo_017.jpg
    wippo_018.jpg

not sure what to go with for the gear, color wize, so any input would be much appreciated.
    also will i be able to bake this down somehow to a lowpoly including color? i seen so many ppl get nice and clean results baking down multiple objects onto 1 mesh but i cant seem to make it work.

cheers
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    damn warriah that character is getting Soooo awesome. his metal helmet leaves me wanting more though- i understand your going for simple chunk of metal type vibe, but maybe its too simple? some edging and a bolt or two could go a looooong way.

that skin tone is freash tho-

bommel: <3
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19

Steam_Truck_WIP_2.jpg

-Nick

Where does the fuel go?
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    ^ under the cab ??
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @warriah: waiting for more :)
    @bommel: haha cool mickey, your concept?
    @okno: for anatomy you won't need more then 300k, 300k is enough to establish some great forms :)

ok did some blocking, there is plenty of more stuff to block, but right now i think it's enough to work with

soldat_05.jpg
  • StefanH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StefanH polycounter lvl 12
    looks great neox. i dig everything but the shoulder pads. i think they are a bit out of place.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    thx Virtuosic, that is cool to see.

@ warriah
    looks great
    Some green or cyan could be nice to break it up from all that very warm tones.

@ neox
    very nice, there should be a lot of interresting wrinkles.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    nice design neox. look forward to the details

thats ace warriah
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    warriah: ur chr lookin good

another wip prop for my cathedral level