Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stick

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Per, meet you on GGPO anytime!!!

Alright, started working on Deux, this time I wanted it to be a 360 stick because of SFIV and KOFXII (hoping I will enjoy XII more than spaghettiIV)

Almost finished actually! This time I got the soldering done by an expert since I didn't feel like screwing up a 360 joypad. But now I can reproduce it so it's all good for the future :P

Decided to hack a wooden DVD storage case I got for a few bucks. Sliced it in half, put it back together at the other the edge and voila, a perfect 6 buttons stick box. Very easy to drill too.

Started from a cardboard proto. You can see the pad hacking job on the left.
    stickdeux001.jpg

Adjustements on a paintover ...
    stickdeux001b.jpg

The real thing
    stickdeux002.jpg
    stickdeux003.jpg

Wiring
    stickdeux004.jpg
    stickdeux005.jpg

Body filler!!! That thing is tight, first time using it, it's a fantastic product but hell this smells toxic. Generic brand, got to try Bondo next.
    stickdeux006.jpg
    stickdeux007.jpg

Still have to paint it black, and next I want to try and get a custom, wrapped plexi cover around the whole thing. These guys let you make a CAD design using real life instructions (cut here, bend here), upload it, and get it done!!
    http://www.emachineshop.com/

Can't wait to try this out!
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love projects like these! :D

far out pior!
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    nice pior..
    looks like a lot of fun :)

now you´re stepping into the business of oldschool game device production?!.. "play with pior" ... i can already see the advertisement in front of me ;)
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    ohhh very nice, more pictures pretty please
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    okay!

Just realized I really, really enjoy body work. Car filler and wood filler are such joys to play with ...
    Polished the body, didn't really care about filling up the top scratches and dents, since it will be covered in sheetmetal anyways (hopefully!!) Really just an alibi to try out different crafts and techniques :P

Looks like some kind of concrete haha
    So much fun, imagine if everybody had his own home made pad, that'd be so cool

stickdeux008.jpg