Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Altair WIP

Replies

• Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe it's a good idea to hold off highpoly modelling and especially sculpting until you've gotten a good grasp of traditional polygonal modelling... Just a thought..

No amount of revisions, crits or adjustments will get your work to a level that you want. The fundamentals are not quite there yet.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @SupRore: hey thanks for that link man. i will bleed skulls from me eyes. wait and watch laugh.gif!

@Xaltar: well, here's my idea: i want to get in this industry. more than anything in the world probably. if somebody told me 'pray to god and ill get u a job' i would probably even forsake my atheism and pray. but nobody's gonna do that. so i have to do the only thing that they care about: make good art. and how'd i do that? i'd have to listen to my seniors. they don't have to be older than me. just better. or not even that. as long as they know something i don't, i should listen to them. and no matter how harsh the crits are, i know that ultimately, those harsh words are helping me become better, and more thorough with my art. so i'll take those kicks in the balls, as long as there's some help in the middle, and i'll respond cheerily, cuz at least that poster cared enough to suggest something. cheers! thanks for the vote of confidence [pro in no time... that's my goal lol laugh.gif] i'll push verts till i die laugh.gif!

@Fuse: yeah ur thought is probably right on. i just wanted to get this project done with a normal map. i agree with what u said, and i do have plans on diffuse only assets in the very near future [ie, when i get back to my watashi kaizoku dude]. i suppose ur right about my lacking the fundamentals. i'll see what i can do about that from this short break i'll be taking from this project.

i'll be back with full force though laugh.gif!

btw: i'll quote this so that u know that i'm still looking for crits on the following:

[ QUOTE ]

update:
    altairWIP46.jpg
    [the 'new' cloth-piece is painted in in photoshop]
    so i worked on the cloth some more. i have two 'focus' shots on the shoulder regions. i actually wanted to run that by u guys... does it look like the cloth is tight around the shoulder-bulge [kill me, i don't know the name of that muscle]. but that's not all i did on the cloth. i think the difference is noticeable, so i won't point em out [actually cuz i really don't want u guys to focus on anything particular laugh.gif].

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the motivational words, and the helpful tips.
    keep em coming. grin.gif
    cheers!