Help me learn to paint Textures pleas? [nudity]

Replies

• Archanex
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    so really you want polycount to become know for the place that rips apart noobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what it seemed like to me when I joined last year, which is exactly why I stayed here.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Theres a difference between being nice to noobs, and catering to someone who obviously has an unhealthy obsession, if anyone here knows anything about the furry community you know this guy is most likely a fucking whack job, and on the small chance he is a normal, sane guy then that is even more reason to get him to wake the fuck up and take his work seriously.

ITT: MORALITY ON THE INTERNETS.

in b4 thread lock
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    This is fucking bullshit. Have fun at the expense of this guy all you want if that's what polycount is about now, but don't try to justify it by passing that as constructive critisism.

I agree having this sort of work is a bad idea if you're looking to get hired, but constructive would have been: "Hey man, the model technically looks good but naked furries are a terrible subject to have in your portfolio when you're looking to get a job in the industry", if that even is what he's after.

You don't need 3 out of 4 pages of bashing the shit out of him to get that point across properly, but at least you've had your fun at the expense of someone who came here and very politely asked for help and critisism in the correct forum. Luckily for him we're so helpful here at polycount.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    This is fucking bullshit. Have fun at the expense of this guy all you want if that's what polycount is about now, but don't try to justify it by passing that as constructive critisism.

I agree having this sort of work is a bad idea if you're looking to get hired, but constructive would have been: "Hey man, the model technically looks good but naked furries are a terrible subject to have in your portfolio when you're looking to get a job in the industry", if that even is what he's after.

You don't need 3 out of 4 pages of bashing the shit out of him to get that point across properly, but at least you've had your fun at the expense of someone who came here and very politely asked for help and critisism in the correct forum. Luckily for him we're so helpful here at polycount.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree

[/ QUOTE ]

3-4 pages of people bickering over the morality of making fun of furries, more like it. Grow some balls people.
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    in b4 threadlock
    yiff.jpg
    lawlz
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demoncage polycounter lvl 18
    I have an idea, let's post some pictures of kitty cats in different situations with text to humanize thier personalities. But let's not limit it to a few posts, let's drag the same concept on for 20 pages because that's normal and "sane" behavior and doesn't deserve the least bit of ridecule or examination. In fact feel free to post pictures of cats stuffed in blenders,wearing human clothing, and otherwise living thier domestic lives for our own gratification, but don't you dare post a picture of a cat corpse or cat scan...or, gasp, a FURRY!!!!!!!

oh what was that statement about not looking at a thread if you don't like it?...
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm always against thread being locked, but it would seem that this one has run its course. I could be wrong tho.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    What was the point of this thread again
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    Point of this thread is this guy wants to learn to texture. Which with his drawing skills i dont see why.

It was going all gravy till he posted the fury model, though if he had just posted the concept i think it would of still ben on track and not talked about so badly.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the furry model was the *first* thing he posted. lawls
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    as far as constructive crits go, we've seen alot less of that and more kissupery since the first Dominance War. That joyful overpatriotism feeling is still pulling through the years huh!

[ QUOTE ]
    I have an idea, let's post some pictures of kitty cats in different situations with text to humanize thier personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]

How dare you compare funny real cat pic captions with oversexified furry animal suits. Two completely different things FOR SHAME ugh
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    Heck, i only registered on these forums to be fed with a constant supply of bondage-cyborg-mutilated-inverted-vagina images from the "Show your current work thread!".

Seriously, painting textures is friggen hard if you don't know where to start. But this guys seems to have a solid background in art, and can do shading and whatnot. It's basically the same thing if youre just doing diffuse maps.
  • coldwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldwolf polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    For those of you that wanted to shame me:
    Shame is a controlling device. Shamming some one is an attempt to prevent the person from behaving in a way that embarrasses you. When people don’t want to see something they get mad at the one hoom shows them, they kill the messenger.

[/ QUOTE ]
    OH MAN do you guys remember in 300 when Leonidas totally kicked that messenger dude into the well? Fuckin'ell that was badass.

Seriously though, I needed to learn about painting digital textures so I bought a great book on it and searched for every tutorial I could find. Turns out Google is better than humans for that shocked.gif Pro Tip! Never post more than you have to. That pic of the model was totally uncalled for.

PS I just thought it was funny that he said "hoom" instead of "whom", and even used it wrong. THAT, my furry friend, is for shame.

PPS Shit, guys am I too late?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    yes, it stopped being funny two days ago.

Now we're just shamming eachother for either tolerating or respecting furries.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Spam spam spam lalalalalaaaa

I think this thread is now officially an excuse to spam and post crap lawls.

Methinks its locky locky or deletey time...
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    hey i think i can compete for backseat moderator of the year too
  • Electro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with almost everyone else.
    ESPECIALLY PER128! *high fives*

Seriously though... technically the model is pretty good, but I think it's the choice of what was modeled that is obviously questionable.

As far as being a furry goes, the texture needs more fur..... or more alpha planes or something, the choices of where the planes are at the moment are a little odd. Hairy kneecaps? hehe
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    hey i think i can compete for backseat moderator of the year too

[/ QUOTE ]

Backseat moderator lol

Hey, you mean me?!?!?

BAN HIM!

hehehe :P
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    In before thread lock!
    quaddmg.gif

-caseyjones
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hi mom!

[/ QUOTE ]
    HAHAHAHAHA!

-caseyjones
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    OMg hahah, this is the best thread i have read...Enter this thread in the dom war, and it will win
  • Sayanora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sayanora polycounter lvl 11
    *pops head in*

*peers around thread*

Oh, so this is where everyone's at.
  • Zephir62
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephir62 polycounter lvl 12
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Locked.
    Skullbox spoke the most sense in this thread... I really wish people would stop mindlessly jumping on people and spamming.
    Ah well, that's the price of being on the internet, I guess.
This discussion has been closed.