Home General Discussion

BF2142 Now with Spyware?

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    soze.. your first quote is from me.. and the second quate is from the article that i say is complete bullshit.. the second quote is NOT from the paper released with ea, and was just MADE up by the kotaku article...

i'll try and slow down my last post for you so maybe you can understand.. i posted the actual flier that was released with the game.. and then posted an article that was just making asumptions and lies about what the flier said.. you just quoted the article that was lies and asumptions as fact... even tho it was in the same post as the actual flier

oh i guess i'm not forgetting ox.. but i've installed it on 3 computers over the last 2 days.. all that are up to date with windows security.. and i havent had to uninstall inthing to get the game to work..

so i guess i'm not so much forgetting that,, as calling it not true.. at least in my case
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, lawl. I thought you were quoting from the EA thing. Okay, never mind then. Still though, paying full price for a repackaged game with ads is bullshit.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well thats all cool then soze,, it doenst bother me if people don't want to play it,, i'm just trying to make sure people see thru all this made up shit thats being slung around.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand now blush.gif. You've shown me the light. I'm still not going to buy the game, though. I don't even own BF2 (used to use a friends copy to LAN), and I enjoyed that game a lot more than 2142.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Rhino, why is my only option to accept the advertisements if I want to play this game? Why cant I pay a bit extra not to have them? As you have seen from this thread, its not neccessarily such a small minority to not make it worth it.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ox, i odn't give a rats ass if you want ads or not, or if you play the game or not,, i'm just making sure that people don't believe the hype that the games going to steal all their megahurtz while they are sleeping and use it to do terrible things..

theres no evil software,, its not even close to being spyware,, which is what the title of this thread and a lot of unfound rummors are claiming.

the whole point of having ads in games is a whole seperate deal
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    ryno i kinda agree with you , but still i think it is simply wrong to install spyware...not even it flashed us a jpg of dirty drawers every 1 hour, still its spyware, its UNWANTED , and they give us no choice, and its also bad that the profits dont go to the right persons...
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For some reason, I didn't notice Cubik's post until just now. Cubik, at least each of those games were built on a new engine. Each Quake represents a new technological generation, unlike the difference between BF2 and BF2141, which are built on the same engine and represent the same generation. Other than the semi-futuristic setting, the games are practically identical (the Titan gameplay mode isn't really all that different than conquest, except instead of tickets you have the Titan shield and damage).
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuck all this shit! at least you can choose to play or not to play the game.. i cant! cause my pc is old and it sucks!!!!!11
    if i had a new pc and if it kicked ass i would sure as hell play that game. and btw.. this is a question that only we are making, cause the gamers sure as hell dont care about that stuff.. i mean.. lots of noobs install those yahoo bars and stuff.. that is worse that ingame pub. damnnnnnn loollerz!!!11
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Oxy, by your logic you must walk down the street with your eyes to the sidewalk to not take in any advertisements because you can choose to see them or not.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    In what regard? Its already been stated elsewhere there are modern ads in it. What else would you need motive? It wouldbe nice if someone as pointed out earlier would take a screen shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well most of my points have already been adressed by rhino. There is to much "information" about this out there that is just plain wrong and keyzers quote of the made up "facts" just shows how easy it is to jump on the bandwagon. (not saying you did.. just as an example)

Also johnny, who do you think should get the profits from the ads if not EA?
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    motives , it will be EA that will get the profits, but i seriously doubt there will be raises for the artists...the ones that actually work hard to make a game . I sense a new line of expensive vehicles or vacation trips to the "big bosses" . Its how the world works anyway...
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    played most of the day, have not seen a single ad,, theres a bunch of blank billboards around. so if theres going to be ads i don;t think they are implemented now. or at least not for me.

johny your comment there was just silly,, the more money a company makes,, the better it is for the workers..
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    johny your comment there was just silly,, the more money a company makes,, the better it is for the workers..

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, if you work as a salaried worker in any industry, your salary has virtually nothing to do with the company's profit margin. If you have some sort of stock options or profit sharing, then you would obviously benefit, but otherwise it doesn't really make a lick of difference. That's just how capitalism works. Whether the company is operating at a 100 million dollar annual loss, or is making historically astronomical profits like ExxonMobil, they are only going to pay their workers what they have to based on the job market.

Of course, rising profits is always a good thing to bring up when asking for a raise, but it doesn't guarantee you'll get one.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Oxy, by your logic you must walk down the street with your eyes to the sidewalk to not take in any advertisements because you can choose to see them or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

Since when did I have to pay to walk down a street?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

Since when did I have to pay to walk down a street?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine.

Or buy anything, ever.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I think overreacting is fine, it hurts EA's image and may delay the day when we put a game into our console and have to wait through five ads before it starts. Or try to play online and have to wait through a bunch of ads before the game starts loading. Or maybe even ad breaks in mid game...
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    This headshot was brought to you by the makers of HeadOn, apply directly to the forehead. HeadOn, apply directly to the forehead. HeadOn, apply directly to the forehead.