Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lictor

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Looks really good Lupus.

The wireframe low-poly mesh seems very nicely built, although I think you've used a few too many polys on the head/face area. Normal maps work nicely to cover that sort of stuff up. Similarly you seem to be spending unnecessary amounts of polys on the spikes coming out of the upper set of arms... nobody's gonna see triangles that small if it was in a game.
    I'm not suggesting you should change it now, since it's probably not worth doing, but just to bear it in mind for future projects smile.gif

The diffuse maps really could use some quick touch ups, especially down around his groin/tail region it all seems to be a single flat colour... vary the hue/brightness/saturation where the details and surface types change. Also, a baked ambient occlusion map would probably help pick out the details.

Also, shame you kinda cropped off the feet in the Wireframe render blush.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Turned out well, but it seems you made some odd choices with your diffuse. Your diffuse should accentuate the details put in the normal map and enhance them.

Take all the little sinewy parts... it looks like its all one flat color, but you could really have some fun with it.
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    hey Lupus, this is ass-kicking! I really like the final product, there's lots of fun things to look at.

My only suggestion would be to add ambient occlusion to the color layer. Truthfully I can't tell if it's there already... if it IS, then tighten the falloff and contrast of the ao layer to make him look less like a mini-model.
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    Hey Lupus, this guy is looking great! I wish I knew the background and story to give a better opinion, but it seems like enough peeps know what he's from to do that. smile.gif