Home General Discussion

EA aquires Mythic

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Could be worse. SOE could have bought them.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    i guess you mythic guys heard about origin system's fate? in that spirit i assume good times lie ahead of you for the next few years until your company will have been fully assimilated. now seems the right time to claim the raises and bonuses. enjoy it as long as it lasts - because it certainly won't do that forever! smile.gif
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    dollar dollar bill ya'll
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    thomas i worked on UXO while i was at liquid, 2 years i spent working on UXO there, and origin had NO idea what they were doing, the art for the game was almost 100% done and they had not a bit of actual game design acomplished, it was all hollow shell,, that game deserved to be canned as far as i am concerned, its easy to hear about a game getting canned and asume it was because of evil big dollar.. but really, a lot of times, they just need to be
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    thomas i worked on UXO while i was at liquid, 2 years i spent working on UXO there, and origin had NO idea what they were doing, the art for the game was almost 100% done and they had not a bit of actual game design acomplished, it was all hollow shell,, that game deserved to be canned as far as i am concerned, its easy to hear about a game getting canned and asume it was because of evil big dollar.. but really, a lot of times, they just need to be

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly ... even when reading that article, I still got the impression that Origin was at fault, not EA.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    and when i read it, it seemed to me the company by that time was already merely a shadow of it's past, destroyed by the system.

anyway, my point was that the aquisition of mythic could mean something good for you employees in the short run.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Well here's to hoping you're right. smile.gif