X-Men: The Last Stand

Replies

• danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    *sigh*

what IS this shit?

true story : left the cinema, and saw a bloke ask his 12 year old son what his favourite bit was. The boy was stumped. Hadn't a clue. How about these for starters :

"i really enjoyed the full 80 minutes of grinding exposition"

"daddy, i liked when the girl with the shock of white hair, an established and inherently interesting character from the first two films and preceding mythos, got off a bus and stood in a fucking queue"

"i really enjoyed when the makers decided to alleviate the crushingly humourless and charmless script by wheeling out ex-footballer Vinnie Jones, now elevated to some sort of ironic sub-action hero status, in order to make the bloke next to me vomit blood into his hand, that was really fun daddy"

another true story : i knew there was an extra scene after the credits, and pointed this out to my girlfriend during the final eye-gouging wind down ... she shot me a look of utter despair. So we ran. Like the wind. It was then that i found a reeking tramp in a doorway, pulled down his sodden trousers, ripped off his vile shitted underpants, planted my tongue in his scabbed-up crack and began to deliriously rim him. Man, that made the evening

fucking HELL.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    So you didn't like it, danr? smile.gif

I just got back right now. I thought it was a good movie. Not a lot of character development, but was it really needed? We know who these people are. The only thing to show was action. And that's what it was - a mindless action film. Great way to spend the morning! smile.gif
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    Vassago - do something for me : watch Raiders of the Lost Ark again and take that back
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    flicks like this one scream crap-crap-crap! from miles away. you can spot it in the trailers soo easily. how come people are still lured into paying for that kind of hollywood standard shit?

i guess you just watched it because you're into vomiting blood in front of kids!
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    "daddy, i liked when the girl with the shock of white hair, an established and inherently interesting character from the first two films and preceding mythos, got off a bus and stood in a fucking queue"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wait in a line too, if there was fucking at the end.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    thomasp - brand loyalty, i suppose
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What's wrong with raiders of the lost ark??

And seriously, you guys are waay to picky. What kind of movies do you guys actually LIKE?
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    p-p-p-p-PICKY?????????

sorry, did he really type that?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yes. You're a finicky bastard smile.gif
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    Just got back. Good movie. More of a summer action flick than the previous two, but I was thoroughly entertained, which is all I ask for. I don't see a movie about superheroes to be "moved."

And we only paid matinee prices. smile.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Over the years, I've noticed that these sorts of movie discussions on Polycount always break down into the same two groups: those who are satisfied with mindless summer fluff and those who are not. The actual movie in question almost never matters, you know? smile.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    No, Vermilion... this movie was good, and I am right about that, and anyone who disagrees is wrong and has poor taste.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i read all your comments, sounds like an OK sequel. I'll try and catch it this week sometime if no one at work has seen it yet.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    SPOILER *** the part where mystiq turns human and then, suddenly, becomes virgin marry and hides her boobs. that's gay.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    AHAHAHAHAH! great one shotgun !!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Thought it was no better or worse then the first two.
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    I was bored, reminded me too much of Starwars, lots of short stupid scenes cut pasted together that were over before they begann.

The xavier/magneto stuff was cool as always, good they had more of it, other than that, really too many cuts for my taste, i enjoy seeing actors actually act something out, not say 2 words and then have a cut to a different place.

The actions scenes were boring compared to X2, lots of telekinesis and hovering people.

Best part for me was wolverine in the training room at the start.

**PS, Mystiq was hot as human.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    The ultimate problem is too many characters for a 2 hour flick. I enjoyed it but always felt like I wanted to see more from the characters. Juggernaut was in maybe 3 scenes. I’m also really tired of Magneto. He shouldn’t have been the plot driver in all three films. I want to see other threats like Apocalypse and Sentinels (not just glowing eyes in the smoke, full CG monstrosities).

The deaths actually excited me about future movies (if they have them). I always liked the secondary members more. And the biggest thing that pissed me off about the film is the lack of confrontation between Colossus and Juggernaut. Everyone wants to see the big men go at it.

I still had a good time and loved the Juggernaut line.

- BoBo
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Everyone wants to see the big men go at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm... taken out of context...
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Thought I would throw this link into the discussion while we're talking about X-men, its a good read, time to catch up on some old school reading!
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/709/709256p1.html
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Over the years, I've noticed that these sorts of movie discussions on Polycount always break down into the same two groups: those who are satisfied with mindless summer fluff and those who are not. The actual movie in question almost never matters, you know? smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well traditionaly i hate mindless summer action crap, but i enjoyed this movie, i think it was not
    "a mindless movie full of explosions and nothing underneath it"

but more of a "rather decent movie that sometimes tended to get burried under mindless action"
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    No it was mindless crap, go with you instincts, feel the force...
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    havent read this thread really... just wanted to say I thought it was crap. Crap crap crap. Yum yum yum, crappy crap crap.

edit: and one of the best lines in the movie was ripped from an internet joke flick. What does that tell you? heh
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    I did not like the movie much at all.

Furthermore, the use of the word b*tch, twice directed at young girls, was poor judgement on the part of the writers. One girl was probably age 15 and the other maybe 10 years old. In addition, they had one of the young girls call the naught a d*ckhead. This use of profanity really soured the movie for me.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Thought I would throw this link into the discussion while we're talking about X-men, its a good read, time to catch up on some old school reading!
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/709/709256p1.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Great link, thanks. Seeing the movie really motivated me to watch the older Fox cartoon, as it seemed do the comics alot more justice. As much as I liked the first two movies I always figured they would come up really short versus the comics simply because movies cannot fulfill that amount of storyline, characters and subtlties that a long running comic series can.

I always thought the way they made Rogue such a young character without her superhuman strength and flying powers that she gained from nearly sapping Ms. Marvel to death, the lack thereof has made her into a complete weakling, girl in distress. They've always nerfed everyone but Wolverine, Storm and Jean in the movies.

As a fan of the comics it has always been a bit of a let down, although the first two movies have always been pretty damn good despite shortcomings to their material. The third, is when the story has been weened off quite a bit in favor of action sequences.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The girl that played Kitty is 19 years old. Not sure how old whe was supposed to be in the movie, but considering that her and Bobby got along so well, I'd say she played a 17 yr old or something.

Who was called "bitch" that was 10 years old?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0680983/
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Who was called "bitch" that was 10 years old?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was when Mystique shifted to the little girl to try to get the guard to let her out of the cell.
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That didn't count....c'mon. smile.gif
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Famke Janssen is all kinds of hot.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Rebecca Romijn is all kinds of hotter.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Rebecca Romijn is all kinds of hotter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely the hottest of the bunch, though I was certainly enjoying Halle Berry. There's times (like Catwoman) where she's just not attractive, but then in X3 she's smokin!!!
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Ah... I'm not too big a fan of Halle's hairstyle. It just doesn't work, in my opinion.

Famke's hair style and general vibe in the movie screams "I SWALLOW" Hahahaha
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    lol SouL, you are such a mucky pup.

I haven't seen the film, and I'd be extremely surprised If I ever did. The modern phenomenon of parting with ten bucks to be entertained, whilst simultaneously accepting that it's OK for it to be bad, because it's a comic movie, or an action movie, or it's this or it's that, completely and utterly befuddles me.

p.s I'm with SouL. Stamos is skanky, Famke is even skankier. Awesome.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Personally, I think the girl who played Kitty Pryde was one of the cutest of the bunch. honestly, I havent seen the flick yet, but after seeing her in the adverst I was like, "WHOAH who the F is that?" IMDB, etc.
    She's all of 5 foot nuthin, MAYBE weights 95-100lbs...which = supernova hot for me. I have a thing for tiny spunky brunette girls.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    ...she looks 14...

as for famke shes mmmmm mmm good.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Famke is hot. But Stamos was hotter. Only because she was brunette. smile.gif
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Stamos is divorced so no need to call her Stamos anymore.

And I agree that she was hot in this movie. Easily the 3rd hottest blue character in the series.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stamos is divorced so no need to call her Stamos anymore.

And I agree that she was hot in this movie. Easily the 3rd hottest blue character in the series.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, nothing can top Beast
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Scooby is a pedo har har
    jk I'd bang her too
    [ QUOTE ]
    As much as I liked the first two movies I always figured they would come up really short versus the comics simply because movies cannot fulfill that amount of storyline, characters and subtlties that a long running comic series can.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have to disagree with this, in the case of Sin City, it was proven that a comic taken frame by frame can be pulled off amazingly with little change, it still sits at my top 3 favorite movies of all time. I'm looking forward to 300, and hopefully the Watchmen if it gets made anytime soon.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    theres a big dif there stead,, sin city was a graphic novel with a hand full of throw away characters, with one shot storys,, not decades of monthly mags,, and multiple mags per month even.

tho in partial agrement , i do wish they woulda just took one of the good graphic novels, or story arcs from the books, and write a good movie from it,, even if they sacrificed some of the character backstorys, (give enough to let non readers have some idea of whats going on,)
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I haven't seen the movie yet but I thought you lot would find this interesting:

Fox confirms X-men 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060530h.php
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Storm's hair is white, has been at least since she was a little girl. How the hell did she get black roots?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/trivia
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Great comic adaptation. I loved it all, even the cheesy bits!
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    i enjoyed it, though the script was pants in alot of places, and the bad day?night bit at end was stoopid.

forgot to watch on at the end so iu didnt see whateva it was DOH

did see a trailer for Miami Vice. wowowowow, i want to live in neoen pink and blue from now on.