Home General Discussion

Lost Thread - finale draws closer!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
OMG, tonights LOST was shocking! I was not expecting that at all. what did you all think?

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Lost Finale == Hurley wakes up from his coma. It was all just a dream.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I'm more interested in the phone number, the website, and all tha tother backstage shit that ABC is doing with the show.

Tonights show was a doozy!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    ah, that stuff. I didnt watch, but I already read what everyone found out from it online.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I totally called the *shocking* twist ever since I saw the preview, but Im not dissappointed. I was on the edge of my seat. This show is teh awesome.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    This past episode definitly changes things. With certain people out of the way, there is the potential for greatness, once again.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    With certain people out of the way

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...I knew about Michelle's trouble with the law, so I didn't mind her leaving. a few second's later I sat there stunned. and it came out of nowhere. I DIDN'T know Cynthia also had some driving issues. And they never got into her story. frown.gif Now Hurley will never get some. :~(
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Cynthia signed up for some new comedy on another network a few weeks ago, so it was kinda a spoiler if you saw her pimping somenew show she's going to be on.. :/
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I had already read about this in online spoiles, so it wasn't a big surprise, but still a great show. Even knowing what will happen, it's fun to watch it unravel smile.gif

So, what do you think happened? Do you think Micheal is doing this to get Walt back? Or do you think he's been brainwashed and has become an 'other' now?
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    I still hav'nt watched a single episode. But here is the breakdown of the phone number:

http://lostresearch.com/
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I believe that ABC is creating a 'game' of sorts, much like EA's ill-fated Majestic. LOST is popular, but I don't think it will catch on.

As far as the episode goes - SWEET! laugh.gif
    I wasn't expecting what happened, and I can't wait to see what happens next. The problem with Micheal is that you just can't tell his intentions. It's entirely possible that he was brainwashed, and is an Other. But I think it's also possible that he's completely hell-bent on getting Walt back. And that he'll do ANYTHING to get him back. Perhaps what he's doing is part of a plan to get his son back. In the end, he only cares about Walt.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I missed last night, there really isn't any "others" though I thought they all were doctors, scientists, all dressed up, maybe Michael figured it out since they take all the kids, he has to become one of them to spend time with his kid..

Walt, wont be back since it's been 2 months on the island in their time and the kids grown like 2 feet in the last two years.. laugh.gif I saw him on another show a few days ago and he is getting big...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, Walt IS going to be back, in the 2nd to last episode. Airs May 17th I believe. And it will be the same kid as well. Desmond will also be back, in the final episode. Apparently, it's a huge flashback of his.

Can't wait!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    watch and see how big walts getting.. laugh.gif He's alot more grown up looking ..
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    i bet Michael made a deal. if he killed Ana Lucia he would get Walt back. but since he accidently killed the other girl they won't let him have him.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    saw walt on my name is a earl a while ago, he didn't look that much older, and it's nothing that can't be chalked up as island magic, it's already cured three people with health problems after all
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the episode was all happy, that hurley was gonna get some soon, and then BAM! and BAM BAM!. I think Michael made a deal with them to free henry and see walt again. that or he went insane in the jungle, saw dead people and decided to go on a killing spree to please the angry volcano god.

perhaps real-life DWI played a factor in it too wink.gif
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that was a shocker. I wonder if Libby really was killed, maybe she has just enough life in her to tell Jack and them when they get there that Michael did it, if he hadn't already finished her off. Who knows, maybe the pillow was there just to screw with us, but maybe it had something underneath it.

[ QUOTE ]

perhaps real-life DWI played a factor in it too wink.gif [/quote

I'm sure that had something to do with Libby getting killed, but I think Rodreguiz was already on the chopping block before that. I rember reading a couple diffrent articals about her being a pain in the ass on the set.
    I actually liked Michelle Rodriguez frown.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Notice that Michael apologized to Ana Lucia before he shot her? That leads me to believe it is part of a plan to see / get Walt back. If he had been brainwashed I don't think he would have said he was sorry before he shot her.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, my guess is that this is probably a Disney mandated offing of those two characters. Two stars on your highest rated show have highly publicized arrests...Not good for the Disney image. Write em outta the show. I'm sure it's no coincidence that those two were the ones killed.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    the preview lends me to believe theyre gonna kill off the scariest guy on the island, mustafa. Thats unfortunate...
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    actually there was an interview with some of the producers of the show on a TV Guide blog or something... but what it says is that they had basically planned out Michelle Rodriguez's involvement as a one year kind of thing from the start. Rodriguez said she didn't want to commit to a project long-term, so they agreed that they'd keep the character around for only about a season.

They got her in at the end of the first season so she wouldn't seem like she just came out of nowhere when the second season started. Then this DUI stuff came around, and they all said "oh shit, people are going to think they get killed because of the DUIs," when the arc had more or less been planned well beforehand. They even considered changing them getting killed so it wouldn't seem like the DUIs were the reason, but (thankfully) they stuck to their guns.

Doesn't much matter one way or the other, it definitely was a nice shocking conclusion to the episode. When oh when will they learn about keeping better tabs on those pesky guns? laugh.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you guys been checking out the http://www.thehansofoundation.org ? Or see the commercial for the Hanso foundation, which included a phone number to call (1-877-Hansorg)? The site existed before and basically only had the orientation film. They've since redesigned it and it has many cool tricks in it... including Joop
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Oh man, i remember that commercial. I was sitting there, and was like "what? what the hell is that about?". Should have looked it up. Man, they even get you when the show isn't on.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That commercial doesnt just run when Lost runs either, you can catch it in commercial breaks for others shows as well I hear. Thats just awesome. I've unlocked a bunch of fun stuff on that url, and there are several more sites with more info.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Posted this on another forum:

I checked out the Hanso website this morning. The Joop section in particular got me thinking. The Joop webcam changes every 5-10minutes, with a disturbing overlay. Looks like a shadowy figure. Upon editing the images, something much more sinister and interesting is revealed. These images are from the Joop webcam on the Hanso site.

The first pic (darker) is straight from the site. The image following it is what I edited to make brighter.

monk19os.jpgmonk1e7xw.jpg

monk24bv.jpgT0_-1_1341021.jpg

Is Joop being turned into a human? Or vice versa? Was Joop a human turned into an ape?
    Were they trying to blend the genes of human and ape to make a super human?

Perhaps this is a clue to what the cerebus smoke creature is? Is Joop, specimen 626?
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    joop is the leader of the others
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    OMG, THE MONKEYS ARE BEHIND IT ALL!!!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I didnt read most of this thread for fear of spoilers. I hadn't seen the show until a few weeks ago until I downloaded the first season to see what all the hype is about. Now I'm hooked. I'm trying to catch up so I can see the shows when they're on TV. It sucks having to turn the channel when a preview from an upcoming episode comes on...
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    i bet Michael made a deal. if he killed Ana Lucia he would get Walt back. but since he accidently killed the other girl they won't let him have him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the deal was to get the survivors' hotage out. If you notice, he shot himslf in the arm at the end. It looks like he's faking the other's violent escape and setting him free.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'd say the deal was to get the survivors' hotage out. If you notice, he shot himslf in the arm at the end. It looks like he's faking the other's violent escape and setting him free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, totally. He couldn't just set Henry free in front of Ana Lucia so he had to kill her. I'm not so sure his goal was to kill her so much as to get Henry free and make it look like he had somehow broken out.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    until I downloaded the first season

[/ QUOTE ]

shame on you, living in a country that actually sells the DVDs
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm, they should hide things like this better...

hanso-locke-www.dadako.com.jpg

hanso-joop-www.dadako.com.jpg

I found the locke image right in there, after some digging.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

is it certainly Terry O'Quinn?

hidden image:
    hanso-locke-www.dadako.com.jpg

Google image search:
    oquinn.jpg90.oquinn.lost.090204.jpg
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, I dont think its him.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    I'd say its close enough to be a very close relative but not him, no..
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    well i think it's clear that "the others"/the island itself have a lot to do with Locke. it'll be fun to see just what is in store for mr. orange smile.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, so I'm finally caught up. I've seen both seasons now. I haven't caught it on TV yet though, so I may be missing something. What's the deal with this Hanso Foundation stuff?

Edit: Ahh, nevermind. After a few hours of digging and such, I've come up with some pretty neat things.

This whole Lost Experience game is pretty awesome. It's crazy how in-depth they're going.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow tonight was another great episode! I had a feeling that the hatch was for mice wink.gif. Poor Hurley frown.gif. The next episode looks great also!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn east coasters.
    It's not on here yet!
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe I got some new Canadian satalite thing so I got to watch it at 4 o'clock..sucks watching it that early because no one has seen it yet.

Yea, I also had a feeling that they were being experimented on. I kinda hope that it isn't the truth tho, it would be cool if the button actually did something. Next week looks promising...
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    From the preview it looks like at least Sahid will be on top of things.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You betcha.
    Looks like a war between the losties and the others (well, at least Zeke and a few others). Can't wait! laugh.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    ::::::::::::::::SPOILERS:::::::::::::::::

Well, its a spoiler to those that don't watch previews.

Anyway, my theory is that what they're looking at - that thing where everyone is collectively look at, thats casting the bright light - is something crashing in to the ocean, much like Oceanic flight 815 did. This will a.) introduce new characters (survivors) to us, and be show us how 815 crashed down.

::::::::::::::::END SPOILER::::::::::::::::::

Also, tonights episode was great. A few things though. In the first orientation video we saw, we met Marvin Candle:
    candle3yw.jpg

In tonights episode we met Wickman:
    normalquestionmark4261ks.jpg

Now, they're obviously the same person. Besides their names, some differences are hair colour (Candle has grey hair while Wickman has dark hair), Candle only has 1 working arm - his left arm is fake, and he does the "Namaste" thing at the end of the video with one arm and Wickman does it with two, and of course their clothing; one is a doctor, the other is casual. So I thinking that the way this person is portrayed in the video is to set a feeling to whoever views them.

Also, Marvin Candle and Wickman are both referencing candles. Don't know what to think of that.

And finally, I couldn't resist:
    orry.jpg

I'll post more once I come across it.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone notice that the fake Hanzo commercial had a different website address attached? I forgot what it was though.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    http://www.sublymonal.com/
    nevermind itthough, its just an elaborate ad for Sprite (no joke)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    actually, it isn't... if you click through the stuff, you'll get a code. If you click the link below it (I think the work message), it takes you to the hansofoundation.org site, but in the Bios section. Click on Dr Mittelwerks profile and there should be a box in the text now.... type in your code from the sublymonal.com page (which was Heir Apparent). Then you'll see something NON-sprite wink.gif
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Multiple personality disorder and all the personalities are fighting it out? I grabbed the actual SWF file from the Hanzo Foundation site and decompiled it, everything listed on humpys.net is all that is in there.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    actually, it isn't... if you click through the stuff, you'll get a code. If you click the link below it (I think the work message), it takes you to the hansofoundation.org site, but in the Bios section. Click on Dr Mittelwerks profile and there should be a box in the text now.... type in your code from the sublymonal.com page (which was Heir Apparent). Then you'll see something NON-sprite wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its a sprite ad.

I know it offers you a code to further the online clues a little, but it's a Spirte ad. The site is owned by Coca-Cola, the ad on TV was "Paid for by Sprite" (said at the bottom at the end of the commercial).

OBEY

subLYMONal

think about it.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Could be both you know. Corporate tie-in.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Could be both you know. Corporate tie-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's more of what I meant... obviously it's a Sprite ad (especially since the commercial said 'paid for by Sprite'). I just meant that it's more than 'just an ad'.
    The industry is trying to get clever with their marketing and get TIVO viewers to watch the commercials. It's working to at least get me to pay attention... but not convincing me to buy Sprite wink.gif