Home› Contests & Challenges Archives

Polycount - Generals - Concept General GAUSS

Replies

• Mit Gas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mit Gas polycounter lvl 18
    hey, we also made something nazi-like - they'd work well together, ours being one of the generals of Cyberolf. wink.gif
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    hey i was going with the lockheed shapes!
    awesome gunmech gauss, eq is gonna rock with that concept
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    You know, i'd love to contribute to this fine contest, but unfortunatley, i suck at modelling/texturing.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

mechahitler1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I <3 Gauss and the world trade center.

This concept just made my day, great work dude.

poop.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

agree smile.gif
    Really nice! The Machienguns add to the character, much better than my laiser idea :/

I think you should work out the cybog part, at the moment it looks like a suit wink.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    kinda reminds me of optimus prime, maybe you should give him some truck headlights...
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nkoste polycounter lvl 18
    General Gauss.

News of this interstellar war echoes throughout the galaxy. Even here in the prison facilities on boobytron 6 where many of our "kind" are imprisoned. Luckily I won't be captive here much longer... I'm constructing a device which soon will unlock my cell. Who would have thought that a simple semester paper on design and branding unlocks most locks in this facility. They underestimated me... again. If my escape goes as planned I will join our forces sometime after the 13th. Lets keep communication low. I do not expect to know our plans before the 13th.

I am dieran also known as the saboteur.

You know my methods and the services I can provide and that my size is not of importance in light of my previous work results.

As usual I'll be working "unseen" and behind enemy lines
    using my lethal gadgets.

Remember in war all is fair - meanwhile should you find any cracks in our opponents machinery let me know - this is my specialty.

[You've got PM]
  • stupid fool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stupid fool polycounter lvl 17
    Just a heads-up - that mecha-hitler looks a LOT like the one from Wolfenstein 3D.... the original version... you may wanna re-think that. Though at this point, i'm sure that iD software won't really care too much, it's something to think about.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I don't think they'd care any much- do you think its that close?
    HITLER1.GIF
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    No that's an entirely diffrent mecha-hitler...
    I'd do something else to be safe, besides I don't think I want to be on the winning side if it includes hitler. Now meccha satan...
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    flaagan: i'm well aware of all that secret Nazi cult stuff--but I think it falls into the same category. Were I to conceptualize some sort of hitler preserved by dark magic, it would again be giving those deluded bastards way too much credit. they wish!

Mit Gas: and it's coming along well! very ABC-bot so far, good deal

Snowfly: hahah well you might still have your chance.. once you start in with planar shapes the F-11 stuff it's hard to avoid the other details creeping in, but i think i'm going to try and steer it away from that direction.

Jimmies: no worries man, buy war bonds to show your support! laugh.gif

katzeimsack: i think that's a good observation, it does look too much like a suit right now. but don't worry, all will be remedied by the time it's finished.

hawken: yeah it's got that aspect to him at this point doesn't it?

nkoste: Encrypted Comminique received and acknowledged. Standby for further instructions, you are sure to be a valuable part of the war effort.

stupid fool: yeah i guess the comparisons are inevitable, but id can no more copyright MechaHitler than they can Santa Claus, it's just one of our inalienable rights! smile.gif but yes, it does resemble it at this point to a degree, but this is only the first iteration. given the complexity of certain mechanical designs, i often like to tackle the front or side design first, and then revise as i build up the next view. by the time Mecha Hitler is presented as a full perspective, it'll look very different from the excellent Wolfenstein mech-suit Hitler.

weiser: we ARE supposed to be evil, you know. people just don't take these premises seriously enough. smile.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    mecha steven hawking.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Mishra i'd be utterly amazed if you could manage to contribute any less than you already do, way to go. in a time where even some of the oldest, long dormant polycounters are readying a contest entry right alongside the newest polycounters, you post three words in my thread? now i see among the sea of offhand remarks posted in General Discussion, you've managed one useful reply in Hawken's contest thread--could you try to build on that? i'm not asking from a contest entry from you, but if you could post a few more helpful crits or encouraging remarks to people whose threads aren't getting much attention, then you may yet prove some worth. as it stands now, you're like a lingering wisp of fart smell in the room, that's how little you contribute. you don't have to post, but if you're going to, please make it something better than a stale, regurgitated reference to an old Onion article. Thank you.

and back to business, here's the first pass on Downsizer's floating psionic girl.
    downsizer_psionic1.jpg
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    wow man, that's a great design!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    ah man, really original. and great colour scheme! laugh.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    i said the mecha steven hawking comment a little late, it was meant in response to the mecha satan thing here:

[ QUOTE ]
    No that's an entirely diffrent mecha-hitler...
    I'd do something else to be safe, besides I don't think I want to be on the winning side if it includes hitler. Now meccha satan...

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i didn't press quote. also i dont read the onion.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Man, Gauss, I don't mean to lick your nuts but all these designs are visually shocking and original, and of course, cool to boot. Way to go!
  • lorddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lorddon polycounter lvl 18
    I agree, and the stuff you're cranking out isn't half bad either, Ninjas.

-LD
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    wow.. i had no idea you were going to take it in that direction, but i'm glad you have. that is absolutly gorgeous. I hope i can do it justice, my fav colors too.

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    MoP: thanks, it was a lot of fun to play with the conventions of the 'floaty psionic' type character

Mishra: your qualifiers don't change anything. learn to contribute.

Ninjas: haha hey man, it's a community of peers here, your work (like that Q4 shub redesign, which is awesome) helps push me to do better. it's all mutual respeck smile.gif

Downsizer: you're quite welcome, it was a fun concept to work on.. i went with the "top-heavy" suggestion you had earlier and just took it to a sort of royo-esque extreme smile.gif glad you like it and the color scheme. and remember, that's the first pass, i'll come around later and refine it.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    that kicks ass! I love her face and the colors are spot on.

oh and in making things creepy, “little round eyes” are the new “squinty eyes”!

- BoBo
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Holy crap gauss. All of these pieces are regoddamndiculous. I would love to see a concept from you for me. Maybe if i can't come up with anthing ill ge tyou to concept tag me;)
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    dur23! Yes its been a while since I've seen some dur23 model hotness! You must enter. Now if we can just get Per to show up...

- BoBo
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    hell yeah, any time dur smile.gif and thanks bobo, you're right, beady round eyes are definitely what all the cool kids do now laugh.gif
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damns. What I need to do is make my little blue thing a fucka ton more badass.
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    COuldn't have said it better myself Jimmies.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Guass, that's a very unique concept. I take it those suspended blocks serve as replacments for her arms? Pretty damn cool! What would be interesting is to have those cords retractable, so she could do some real interesting attacks.
    Fantastic work, as usual!
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nkoste polycounter lvl 18
    Fantastic work so far Gauss. Hey I look forward to seing what you come up with on my behalf, once you get there smile.gif
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    nah gauss, keep the lockheed shapes, the consistency works for us. smile.gif the concepts look good man. i think lower body tattoo's on downsizer's lady might finish her up right.
  • CMB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CMB polycounter lvl 18
    Hey,Gauss can you make this guy a little more kickass polycount style.
    http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3338/charactersheetcolored9bk.jpg
    He's supposed to be a tall,martial arts(though he doesn't only use melle,his ranged weapon will come soon) guy with a half armored half covered in robes(Kind of starwars look.)

Can you do a little paintover once your done with the rest?

My crits and ideas on the psi girl:
    -blocks floating higher and behind her.
    -Metalic hand gaurds in a meditating position.
    -A retractable chain on the cubes.
    -better cubes/better.
    -Maybe instead of cubes a gravity gun like chian to grab debris and use it as weapon
    -better hair
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    waiting to hear back from Whargoul on what he thinks on some sketches i've furnished him (which will be posted later), but i decided to develop one of the sketches i had for him, which is a nice big albino grenade throwin' gorilla man!

gorralien2.jpg
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    nice color in his fur. but how does he throw granades with those fingers?!
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    aw cool, would green and black spots or stripes look too corny? it's a strange contrast for such a brutish hateful looking creature to have grenades and tacticle gear on him. i'd sugguest making his eyes have a little more intellegence or details of arrogant leadership and such
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    gauss if you get bored i could use some sweet upper body black and green angular gauss armor and gun(s).

here's what i came up with thus far
    http://www.20threed.com/images/pimpin/pcount/concept1.jpg
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love some help making my poor little blue bastard more evil. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/PieSpelunker/Piespelunker.jpg
    as you can see by entering my topic, I've already pissed around with him. Though, it'd probably be more of a learning experience to revise the concept myself....
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    dur: i'm never really bored with all this compo stuff going on, but i am needing sleep now. but before i go to sleep, i really couldn't resist taking a crack at your little miss--now i realize this is a bit more drastic than you were probably wanting, but i really liked those hip-high boots on the far left girl, and extrapolated from there....

i give you the polycount Surgeon General (see, she's a general! man i'm clever). she's in charge of maintaining the health of the all the troops and fellow generals, but is also key in orchestrating attacks that involve biological or chemical agents. or gutbombs. i admit she's got a heavier S&M overtone than i was expecting, but i think she looks pretty sinister on account of the latex smile.gif

dur23surgeongeneral.jpg
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    She needs stilletos and a semi-bare midrif, and a thin-as-silk surgeon's glove on that hand. smile.gif
  • aegix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aegix polycounter lvl 17
    I've been lurking for a long time here... this finally pushed me to create an account and actually participate. This challenge is too awesome to miss ;D

I don't know if I'm out of line asking for a concept in my first post on the board but I'm going to ask anyway tongue.gif I'm in no position to make requests so instead I'll ask for the leftovers.

Mr gauss! I will model whatever conglomeration of pixels you deign to bestow upon me!
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Ya that rocks ass gauss. Those thigh highs were the only things i was gonna fight to keep. Im now gonna take what you've done and hack it up a bit;) Hope you don't mind if i do that, i just like the idea of concept tag:)
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Yeti is badass. Like an evil Chewbacca. I can't wait to see these concepts being turned into 3D. Sectuars' entry seems to be coming along great.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    great dur23, it was really fun to tag on your stuff, thanks for the opportunity. i posted to your thread, she's yours so you're free to hack her up as much as you care too smile.gif

flaag: more skin would be missing much of the point of the latex fetish thing... you know, the areas that are covered are as important (if not more important) than what is revealed. so we have a brief peek-a-boo of upper thigh and undies, a wrist, the face, and the largest exposed portion is her augmented forearm, fetishizing the amputation imagery. ok all the fetish stuff is pretty sick but i thought relevant to the compo laugh.gif

aegix: my services are offered to all, i'll see about cooking something up for you man smile.gif
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    downsizer_psionic1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

oh hell yeah!

That, and the mech with the heat sinks are by far perfect for this competition.
  • Belltann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Belltann polycounter lvl 17
    ...I dont wanna be a CGchatter, thats for sure. *Bows respectfully*
  • Hedhunta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hedhunta polycounter lvl 18
    could i get a concept please? dont really care what you come up with.. but more on the mechanical side, im not so great with organic shapes.. but it IS a challenge so im up for whatever. guns that double as ninja swords would be neat though.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    damn gauss, dont ever stop smoking crack. I know its kinda bad for you, but these concepts rule.
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like I'm going to call concept failure on my entry, I let myself get carried away pulling it in five different directions-- I think I'd better leave the concepting to the experts for now wink.gif So when you have time Gauss (Or anyone), I'll take whatever you can give me, prefferably not mosnterous, though alien is all good, my preferred genre is "WTF?!" wink.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    HedHunta: sure thing, you're on the list.

thanks moose, i don't know whether or not i should be proud or concerned that all these concepts have been done without the influence of psychoactive drugs smile.gif

Asthane: nahh she's not nearly as bad as you make her sound, she's more than salvageable yet! i'll take a quick pass at it, though i know Ninjas or Mop could do a great revision on it as well.

for those that didn't see it in his thread, here's the tag i did on DTrip's guy, i call him the scavenger king:

dtrip.jpg

and i doubt this one is going to be used for the contest, as it's quite a stretch to consider it a General... or is it? he, or it, is a sentient dropship, with great big bat wings that double as protective shields when disgorging troops. the streaming blue from the double-mouths is a mysterious energy-seeking ghost vapor (whatever that means). the polycount side has made some sort of Faustian deal with it--it's a powerfuly ally, but what toll will it exact once the war is over?

birddrop.jpg
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When I saw that, my jaw just dropped. Wow!
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Awesome idea gauss! That would make a sick background for a posed character:)
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Hiya gauss.. Any chance I can have you give me a hand with some concept. I feel I cant quite keep up with you guys and I believe you can give me the boost needed.. If you dont have the time thats cool too wink.gif
    My post
    http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=98843&an=0&page=0#98843
    Love your concepts so far btw. Keep em comming! wink.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    sure thing Resin.

Asthane, I did about a 3 hour paintover on this image from your thread and came up with this (with all due respect to Mr. Andrew Jones and Mr. Wayne Barlowe):

asthanecentaur.jpg