• Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    awesome bobo, reminds me of the turtle in over the hedge, looks as cute smile.gif
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    motion blur flare = nice spark particle texture
    coolsparks.jpg
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    OMG BOBO THATS SOOOOO COOL!!!!
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    nice cheapy, is that in quake 1?
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Bobo, your still the fucking man shocked.gif
  • Pavel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel polycounter lvl 10
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Damn Bobo, that geo is tight!

Some texture reworks/touchups for xrucifix. Left is original, right is rework. Characters will also apparently be in game at < half that size, so feel free to ignore the texture seam on the purple guy's shoulders. >.>
    pimpromancer2lr6.jpg
    oldmikenewmikesg6.jpg
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demoncage polycounter lvl 18
    cool textures dfacto. top one is especially wierd.

a little slow going on this guy. decided to work the bod a little more to make things look more natural. still just prep work before zbrush.

bortmeyer_08.jpg
  • Spacey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacey polycounter lvl 18
    fogmann: Little late with this, but...
    He's looking real nice. Couple things look odd. His right side is very crisp which screams "cg". As for likeness, I'm sure you've come across more ref than I found, but from the few pictures on this site, his head looks longer than how you've modeled it (maybe it's the hat). Also, the eyebrow strands are long and scattered instead of looking like one mass. But if you're calling it finished, thats fine by me! =]
    By the way, your Sam is looking wicked.

tennis, tores: Tugs at my low-poly heart strings <3

obson: Been diggin' the progress on this guy!

BoBo: oh mai gawd, so cute =3
  • larolaro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    larolaro polycounter lvl 9
    Just playing about, not happy with it, going to try again tonight.

screenshot013ed8.jpg
  • multivac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking good,RobG
    how do you texture those things,looks like just planar mapping in some places?
  • ThatDon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThatDon polycounter lvl 11
    What ever that thing is Rob, it's pretty damn cool!
  • larolaro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    larolaro polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks guys, Yeah i planar map everything because im lazy, Most of the time i feel that its all thats necessary.

tbuebotcomponant2dt4.jpg
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i love your style rob !
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Honestly, if you just threw in two cap segments for the large bottom piece and the finer tubes up top you'd hardly notice it.

Love your work, and especially your models. Someone needs to hire you to make a game, because you've got way too much style to ignore. cool.gif
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    thats a neat style you got there Rob, If the aliasing was on I would start to mistake it for a illustration.

Anyway I finally lit my guys head on fire.

beasthair.jpg
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    agreed, that thing looks sweet rob. likin' the hair Rwolf.

adjusted the proportions to make him look more intimidating/thug like:

bortmeyer_09.jpg
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    demoncage, think you need to beef him up a little if you are going for the thug look.
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Ruz, how is he coming across right now?

would you say he passes as a hitman at least?
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    Nasty looking scythe
    nastyscythe.jpg

Not quite done with the texture.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah, he looks hitmanish for sure demoncage, its just depends what kind you want.

I think the look you are going for is kind of stylised and works fine. you could bulk him up though and turn him in to more of the 'bouncer' kind of thug. it your call really.

I see him more of a sniper right now, rather than a piano wire man:)
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    zombie.jpg
    Suggestions for making him more ugly are welcome! smile.gif
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i was actually intending more the tough guy look, so decided to give him a little beef job. hopefully this is working better. i'm a little nervous about the stylized comment, do you mean in terms of body proportions or are you just referring to the clean sub-d clothes without all the folds and shit? i don't mind if it looks a little idealized but definitely want it to come across as realism in the end.

bortmeyer_10.jpg
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I thijki it was the cleanness of the lines for the stylisation comment.
    perhaos his pants could be slightly baggier, more folds gathering etc
    I think his hands are a bit thin/childlike also and his legs are a bit spindly.
    Quite ofen you see these bouncers in night clubs where they can barely fit in their suits, like gorillas
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the crits. like i mentioned, the folds will be coming. i agree about the pants needing some slack at the bottom. hands will be going into zbrush for some beefing up. i kinda want to keep a top heavy feel to him though, so don't think i'll be massifying the legs too much.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    At the moment, demoncage, he doesn't look topheavy so much as he looks light at the top and even absurdly lighter at the bottom. He looks like a hitman who'd get snapped like a twig by his first mark.

Aside from that, looking good.
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm, some winning comments there.

anyone besides ruz have something valid to say?
  • kiril0t
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kiril0t polycounter lvl 12
    He still looks like a wus, he looks more like the sleazy russian who runs the joint and dsnt get his delicate hands dirty. He needs some brawn and beef if youre goin for the thug thing, make it look like hes used his hands, broken them a coule of times, and that prety face of his shouldnt be that prety if hes a thug and has taken a punch before. give him character. he dsnt instantly read thug, he does read mafia/criminal but not thug, keep pushin even beyond my quick paintover

po.gif
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

anyone besides ruz have something valid to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me rephrase, then. :\

His neck is thicker than his upper arms, and he has the shoulders of a 15 yearold boy. That doesn't read as menacing thug, it reads as someone who is trying and failing to look tough. I see those as being valid things to point out, unless you want your hitman to look disproportionate and fragile.
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    go beyond your paintover? i don't know if that's possible.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I think the paintover by kiril0t is in the right ball park. makes him look slightly menacing, but not too huge
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, c'mon ruz. suprore, dude, it's not what you're critiquing that's the problem, it's the fact that it was so openly condescending without any provocation. is there some personal problem you need to get off your chest? what's wrong honey? like i said, hands are going into zbrush.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    ha ha,I am staying out of this one:)
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Post deleted by demoncage
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    They gave you solid, decent crits demoncage, chill. I didn't really sense any insults or condescension in their comments.

Take their advice and try not to be so defensive... gonna have to learn how to take harsher crits than that if you ever want to be a happy professional artist.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    They gave you solid, decent crits demoncage, chill. I didn't really sense any insults or condescension in their comments.

Take their advice and try not to be so defensive... gonna have to learn how to take harsher crits than that if you ever want to be a happy professional artist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth.
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eh, that's fucking horseshit. the truth of the matter is a. this is not a work environment and he's not my art director. b. there are alot of artists registered on these boards that are better than me, but i'm one of the better artists on these boards, and if i were well established in the industry suprore would be eating the jiz out of my garbage can, which is not to imply that that's what i want because i don't really give a fuck, but some prior acknowledgement would be nice before you start making cocky remarks. c. even if the person making that critique had the credentials to back up the attitude and it was the first time they'd spoken to me on a public forum i'd be like "what the fuck is wrong with this dude?" d. this guy is not even in the same league as me but he's coming at me like he's got years on me after i've busted my ass for 4 years to get as good as i am. e. you can critique my model all you want and i'll take all of it in, that's why i post, but if you're going to be coming at me like that out of the blue on a public forum, your shit better be as good or better than mine, otherwise fuck you.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    eh, that's fucking horseshit. the truth of the matter is a. this is not a work environment and he's not my art director. b. there are alot of artists registered on these boards that are better than me, but i'm one of the better artists on these boards, and if i were well established in the industry suprore would be eating the jiz out of my garbage can, which is not to imply that that's what i want because i don't really give a fuck, but some prior acknowledgement would be nice before you start making cocky remarks. c. even if the person making that critique had the credentials to back up the attitude and it was the first time they'd spoken to me on a public forum i'd be like "what the fuck is wrong with this dude?" d. this guy is not even in the same league as me but he's coming at me like he's got years on me after i've busted my ass for 4 years to get as good as i am. e. you can critique my model all you want and i'll take all of it in, that's why i post, but if you're going to be coming at me like that out of the blue on a public forum, your shit better be as good or better than mine, otherwise fuck you.

[/ QUOTE ]

When exactly did waywo devolve into 'my art is better than ur art!!!'?

I'm not even going to get into childish squabbling over which of us is more proficient, it's completely irrelevant. I gave you valid critiques in a civil manner, and you've taken them rather horribly. Why you're still even posting about this is beyond me, you've made it clear you aren't interested in crits from me on this model and i've stopped giving them. No need to reduce yourself to personal attacks and idiotic ranting just because your feelings got hurt, or whatever. smirk.gif

Let's try and keep this out of this thread, though? If you just want to rant about how much better of an artist you are than me, and how that invalidates any critiques I might give you, it's probably better to clutter up my PM box instead of this thread.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    lol...no really lol.

demoncage , i would look at the paintover that was offered to you and seriously consider doing cloe to that , so right now your model doesnt seem beeffy frown.gif the hand also seem a tad too skinny, and you say it will be revised on zbrush so ill wait and see smile.gif

Also people in this board tend to be harsh , but in my opinion thats the best critics you can ever ask for . Suprore for some reason is acting like a pretentious prick, but it doesnt mean he doesnt have valid points, and i would reread the critc that were made to make your piece better smile.gif

PEACE BITCHES
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Kind of the point of posting something here for critiques is to get criticism. It's great for people not working in production currently to get feedback from other artists, just as they would in a work environment. It's this type of exchange that has elevated a lot of the hobbyists here to top-notch industry pros.

Why you are getting upset about some people's critiques is beyond me. They are trying to help you with the quality of your work, whether they are right or wrong in their suggestions. Feel free to disagree with them, as there's nothing wrong with that. But to turn this into some sort of personal conflict is just silly.

Either take their advice, or don't. It's your art, and you can do what you want with it. There's no call for insults or anger.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    @demoncage:

QQ less...refer to Geezus' signature.

kiril0t's paintover screams style. I'd take that and roll with it. Additionally, SupRore has valid critiques for you. He isn't your art director, but he is a member of this community, like you. The only condescending/personal attacks I've seen are coming from you. Chillax, take it in, and let it help you create better art.

@davision3d: Lookin' kickass bud, is that snot coming from his nose or maggots? Do you plan on stopping here or going full out lowpoly/texture? Love the decaying ear. Needs more boils!
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    if you want full on critiques and point/counterpoint discussions then make your own thread about your work and have this discussion there.

stop cluttering the WAYWO with this trash
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    you need to check in that attitude at the door, if you want constructive criticism post on polycount, if not post your work on the 1up forums.
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh suprore, you make me feel so sheepish.

first of all, i was rebutting the ensuing posts, otherwise i wouldn't have posted anything.

second, hmm, if this was a forum for writers and some hackass poet started making crude comments about a piece from a better writer that he'd never spoken to before, would it be beyond assumption to think that that writer might feel a tinge of hostility towards the comments? hmmm. tinker tinker.
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm going to say this one more time. i have no, *no* issues with people critiquing my work. if you look back you'll see that me and ruz had no problems...i'll leave it to you guys to figure out the rest. i think it's bullshit, and i think alot of this rock throwing is political. so, whatever. i'm not saying the points critiqued were not valid, but i think the delivery was total b.s. *end*
  • Sayanora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sayanora polycounter lvl 11
    Are you still talking? SupRore NEVER said anything to warrant the kind of response you gave him. A wise man just mentioned that you should have left your squabbling to pms or email.

I think it's likely that you blew everything Sup said out of proportion and turned some otherwise helpful criticism into an attack that never happened.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    which comment of SupRore's was so condescending?
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    would it be beyond assumption to think that that writer might feel a tinge of hostility towards the comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
    No, because it's always safe to assume that someone completely lacks the ability to receive good, constructive criticism. That, however, is their own fault and shouldn't stop people from offering it. It also helps weed out the immature folk from the forum (which has nothing to do with age, experience, or skill level), such as you.

Your hostile response was completely out of the blue and not even the slightest bit warranted. I had to go back and read the previous posts to find out what the hell you were talking about and I still can't find it.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Booo! less drama ...more cool art. Here's a model my wife just finished on the 15th

naomi01.jpg
    My little stinker Naomi

Davidson..cool zombie head
This discussion has been closed.