Beginner 3D Artist looking for portfolio review

Hello all, I am a recent college graduate(May 2019) trying to get my career started as a 3D artist, really anything to get me started. I've been told to add more variety to my portfolio such as assets and hard surface materials and my end goal is to be a character artist. I have no professional experience and have been looking all over for entry level positions. My portfolio link is https://tariqharr.artstation.com/. Please let me know what I can improve, what I am doing right or what is downright terrible lol. I look forward to hearing feedback.

Replies

• HaTariq
    First off thank you for the response and all the advice I'll have keep working to get my characters to industry standard. This is my first time posting here so now that I have a place where I know I can get honest feedback expect to see/hear a lot from me. Thank you again 
  • Lewis_kennedy
    first off I'd say you need more original content, but it might be a good idea to do some study pieces, find pictures of a real person and try and recreate their head for example as a practice piece, also you may wanna try and make your detail more sharp, the edges and sculpted detail on your characters are to rounded.
  • HaTariq
    first off I'd say you need more original content, but it might be a good idea to do some study pieces, find pictures of a real person and try and recreate their head for example as a practice piece, also you may wanna try and make your detail more sharp, the edges and sculpted detail on your characters are to rounded.
    thanks for the feedback, I've started daily speedsculpts in order to learn proportions and such I plan on posting some soon for more critiques