I've made a fair few tweaks so far including adding more foliage into the scene altering colours of cloth across the scene and revamping the ground materials. Everything I have done so far is detailed here: https://www.artstation.com/garethcodling/blog I'll also be updating this blog along with this post in the hopes of getting some feedback to really push this further.
The last set of alterations I made were some small tweaks to the overall scene that were recommended on Discord. One of the big ones being the alteration of the background tents so they are more prominent in the scene.
I was originally aiming for a lighting setup that was more like an early morning, but I reckon I may also try closer matching the original concept as well. At the moment I am working on getting some debris around the stadium with some small rocks and wood chippings.