Welcome to the Career & Education section!
We want an organized place to talk about these things, and offer support and insight. This is meant as a central place to chat about all career and education topics, anything having to do with becoming a developer, and about being one.
Want to know why you're not getting work? Make a post here. But please oh please, before you post do a little bit of research
. There are so many good resources. We've covered the same things many many many many many many many times before! Read what information others have received. If you've done your research and you still have questions, then please do ask. After all, we do want to help you!
We hope this section will prove useful. It's a little experiment. If it doesn't work out, we'll just fold it all back into General Discussion and dust off our hands. But hey anything worth doing is worth trying.
Browse these pages on our wiki:
- Game Industry = Tons of useful info about how to get in, and how to manage your career.
- Portfolio = What to put in your portfolio, and how to present your art to get a job.
- Freelance = If you ever wondered what it's like to be a freelance game artist, this is for you.
- Company Job Boards = A great list of job websites for game artists.
- Polycounter Job Census = A handy list of where Polycount members work.
Read these useful forum topics: