Tits mod
    I shall follow this :)
    thanks Kend!

• RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    @Pshyco  Looking great, liking those proportions

Created an inspiration/reference sheet. Going to be giving this guy a go! Khaji-Da!!!
  • Phoenix995
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 polycounter
    update on my abe sapien:

• Phoenix995
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    @DavidCruz I think his proportions and silohuette I think need some work, double check to see if hes 7.5 or 8 heads tall, also I think the anatomy of his arms arent looking accurate right now, check out anatomy for sculptors its a really good website and book and has great anatomy reference in their that i think can help. Keep it up! :smiley:

@Pshyco Looking good man! Really like his proportions and silohuete especially his meaty fists and forearms.

@DanielJohnsson Cool idea!

@Tits np :smiley:

@RogerP Looking forward to seeing you bring him to life blue beetle has a sick design. I dont know if this was a glitch or a accident but you've posted the same post 3 times lol 

@Phoenix995 Looking forward to seeing him progress still feels like your in the early stages but make sure to work in his muscles, his stomach feels very plain but that could be because your still working on it.

So finally I can post some stuff. So I'm doing Poison Ivy my own version of the character. Im trying to go for a more colorful and exotic version of her with more than just poison ivy being her costume, She is a character that can control nature so I want their to be different types of plants and flowers all over her. I'm also making her African American, some people pointed out that I need to diversify my portfolio which I agree and I think this is really cool chance to do that. I'm also going to be giving her braids which im really excited to sculpt.

So here are my ref sheets and my first wip, started the face and body. the bikini is just a placeholder to get the cleavage sculpted in, I might of made her boobs too big lol. Going to get the anatomy and proportions down the start sculpting in some costume ideas..

• RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    I dont know if this was a glitch or a accident but you've posted the same post 3 times lol 

oops, guess I got happy with the "Post Reply" button ;).

By the way love where you're going with Poison Ivy!
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    Thx for the kind words guys.

KEND, big boobs are never a problem. I like the african feel :D
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    @RogerP Thanks man :)

@Pshyco I most cetainly agree lol Thx

Heres a paintover I did to get a feel of what direction I want to go, Ive always felt poison ivy had a really plain design when it comes to use of colors, she has the ability to control mother nature but she only has poison ivy's on her (which I understand its cus her name is that lol) I just really want to push the mother nature aspect of her. I'm still playing around with the colors and researching different types of plants.  Im going to get the face and hair done the move on to making plants and such.

Also does anyone else notice that wen you post photos they look weird on the forum to what they are normally?

• 05dastarli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    05dastarli polycounter lvl 4
    Hey guys, just wanted to say that I'd like to join in.
    @Pshyco loving the proportions, really looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    @Phoenix995 I really like the barnacles/coral effect, would be great to see a bit more muscle definition.

I'm going to stick with the undead theme since I liked my idea for it. I'm creating an undead Magneto, not yet decided if he's going to be mindless or have some conciousness yet. But when he was turned his arm was ripped off but his latent powers attracted Iron man's gauntlet as a replacement, I might have him dragging along other marvel metal objects like Cap's shield/Wolverine's arm/Sentinel parts etc.
    Still rough and I need to do lots of undead stuff.
    Let me know what you think.

• Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    @05dastarli , the idea is really cool and I wonder who can beat him if this kind of magneto would exist...

• Finalhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart polycounter lvl 6
    Nice initiative! Some really cool pieces are going to come up with this challenge, hopefully I will have some time to join in July and see what i can come up with.
  • Catzcratch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Catzcratch polycounter lvl 6
    I'm loving that hulky hulk :wink:
    Phoenix995 those corals are giving me the chills man good work . interested on how you planning to pose him in his current state . edit : NVM :smiley:   i just noticed you post on page 1

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Kend: Here

I think it's fine, let me know i guess, i wrote a note about the other arm, which might have confused things.  Thank you for your comments towards my works, I appreciate them.
    Here is the retopo/game res wires:

Going to land somewhere around 25+k, currently 18, chains will dup, 3 links should be fine.
    Nice work gents/ladies good to see a magneto, I like the direction of the Poison Ivy, though you do have quite a bit of chicks, already. ;)

Edit:
    Previous was a quick reply, made mistakes in txt.
  • TAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
     Uhm... I decided which character to do but it is an imaginary character by an artist, not a famous comic book hero. Is it OK ?
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    @TAN Hmmmm is it for a comic? It should be a character that originated from a comic or animated show based on comics e.g. Harley Quinn. Whos the character?

@DavidCruz Ya I like making female characters Ive mad male characters at work so lol its the Ladies for my portfolio lol, Double check your proportions to these:

Also the shape of the back of his head feel wrong from the wireframe view it feels off. "Anatomy for Sculptors" and "Anatomy for 3d artists" are 2 books I highly recommend for any artist. As for your wireframe the elbow joints, torso and shoulder area doesnt have enough edge loops to deform properly.
  • TAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    @KEND

Well let me PM you and ask directly.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    KEND Crazier hairdo!  :blush:

05DASTARLI Even as an undead, will his face still be recognizable ? Or only from his costume ?

DAVIDCRUZ I.... feel like it's a bit off here... the proportions. He feels quite top heavy for a slim character. Granted, usually I make female characters and I tend to move the waistline up a big for longer legs... ... Could be just me though.... Feels weird.

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    PyrZern, KEND :smile:
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments and critics, Really sucks to hear that news especially with using two anatomically correct well known artists designs to reference off of. Nickz, and Ryan Kingslien, models.

I do respect the efforts and the time you've taken to address the issues in my design, however I will accept the anamtomical errors (All errors of the project) and move of to new things soon, I have enjoyed the design up to the point of hearing the news of GA.
    Before i totally stop i will just continue to finalizing stuff and things and end this project, it sucks to write this and i hope this doesn't interfere with your efforts to futher help artists with their 
    designs.

Going to wrap things up and stray from high quality character work and go back to my altera lowpoly ways, this was fun to dabble into though the amount of work to reward (praise) ratio just isn't worth it for me (forgettable in a week or less) and nobody is that picky about the anatomy only we are.

Just not in a good mood I guess, but I can't wait for all of your guys and gals artworks to drool over in envy, you've all earned it and your positions so be proud knowing you made it and the rest of us are just fan girling/wannabe's.(Or just I am.)

Much props & respect, seriously.
    I only know how to be truthful, p.s. no blowing smoke, I don't see myself landing positions anytime soon anyway.

I thought about this for a hour and i didn't drink, so yea anymore awkward, it is for me also.

Final soon enough, I also dislike staying on anything for longer than 3 weeks, I just can't do it.
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    Started blocking out the head of my character.

Keep up the good work guys!
  • SvelteManswell
    And 'stupid enough that GA closed and more. Thanks a ton to set this up, though! I'm excited crazy to go to work on some things. I'm probably going to make He-Man with my special flavor.
  • SvelteManswell
    Uh oh! I post twice?
  • 05dastarli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @DavidCruz I'm sorry to hear that, I've really enjoyed seeing your work here and in the monthly character challenges. Wishing you all the best.
    @RogerP loving the blockout, looks awesome.

@PyrZern thanks for the feedback, I've tried to give him a bit more resemblance to some of the comic book illustrations. Let me know what you think.

• RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    Thanks @05dastarli, keep those updates coming!

A bit more work on the body

• jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    Will be following the thread, you guys.  I have an idea of something I'd like to do too after I finish my current project.  @Kend -- thanks for making this happen, dude.
  • SvelteManswell
    I'm doing a special version of He-Man with my special flavor. This is just an initial Blockout, so you have much more work to do. Hope you like it. You think it's very sexy He-Man?

• Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    @DavidCruz You're fast man. I think you can improve your model taking care about the proportions ( as KEND said ). Maybe is painful now that you have your low... but IMO is better to step back a bit to jump farther ahead.

@05dastarli Did you take some face reference for him? Is always a good way to give some character to your work.  Try to scape from standard faces and usual features, it will enrich your whole work.

@RogerP I like what I see. Are you working on the lowpoly at the same time you work on the high? Keep it up man :)

@SvelteManswell I love the penis detail, I think it could be even bigger if you're trying to give a comic feeling. The only thing that bother me is the lower abdominals that looks tooooo large.

@Kend, we know something about a new thread where place every entry or something similar? Maybe is weird to have this here since GA is up again and people is uploading his entries there? Just asking.. :)

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Thank you all I appreciate it, I pulled myself together after the blow of information that was laid on me regarding, you know.

So I used the reference provided and over layed my mode on it, there is an odd rotation in the Page / Reference, I sorted it and added a medical skeleton to the reference, I have yet to make changes and I see the issues a lot better now.

Pshyco: Thanks man, i am only fast cause I am doing this in real-time (nothing else takes my time, except taking care of my father/heart issues(hospital), and life/exercise stuff.) I need to start using shortcuts and get with the times and add MD, SP/SD, and get familiar with using lots of Bases, (Always start from 0) and sometimes it just doesn't make sense to me to do that.  How ever I do enjoy learning the anatomy constantly refreshing it in my mind instead of using a safe base and almost forgetting to "learn".  I really liked doing the muscle strands on the model, helps me visualize what I want stuff and things to look like, in this case a really thin guy. 
    I want to stylize him more actually did move some points though it just seems to line up surprisingly anyway to the reference provided. (Didn't use any ref (Except for muscles), which i thought was pretty cool.)  Even the joker head I didn't use a ref i wanted to make him as i remember and or love that I had watching the movies and Animated shows and to me this is a pretty decent version i rather like a bit too much i guess.

Sorry for the long winded post I usually have to much to type and don't know how to condense it down for easy/quick reading.

Roger:
    Those colors are awesome!

Py:
    Yea his traps and back seem a bit to big for a zombo, i felt he was very square and plain and i increase muscles instead of bringing them down,  i was worried about crushing in the rib cage too much and created issues.  Does bone decay also happen when you loose muscle? as in a decrease in bone strength and there might be some more flexibility?  Thinking of a way to decrease size without boxing him up. 

Fixed afaik Kend thanks again, the back of the head on the wire was not sorted, good eye, Conformed it in Topogun it all better now as well as the rotation issues in the game res.
    3 lines added to each area mentioned.

Don't want to make this thread about me, but appreciate the efforts and I took them into account (so they are not wasted) and will work more on the high at least now it's both the low and high so i don't have to worry now about too much like i said i can edit both and keep progressing.(the wire in the img is still the old one.)

Forgot to add I already unwrapped everything also, but didn't sort it but it's fine cause when it is final i can do it then and re-relax what i moved.

Thanks for the kick on the butt.
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    @PyrZern ya the paintover hair didnt do a good job selling it, if you like at the reference sheet I posted the box braids are what im giving her.

@RogerP looking great so far!

@jmiles Np!

@SvelteManswell Lol im looking forward to what direction this goes in. Ya definately work more on the anatomy and proportions they need some more work.

@Pshyco Im confused by your question, GA is back up but i dont think it means anything to this after what happened. Their are some people who dont like the theme and then there are some who dont like the situation surrounding fredh so i think we will be good to go.

@DavidCruz ya take your time with it and really work on it, the more you work on it the better it will get, dont think about moving onto other projects have your mind focused on this.
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    Thanks for the comments guys!

@Pshyco I normally retopo most of it and use what I can from the highpoly sculpt as a base to start the low poly.

Here is a little bit more

• slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    So are you guys still following the zombie/death theme?  or just as long as its a superhero character, its all good?
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    slosh said:
    So are you guys still following the zombie/death theme?  or just as long as its a superhero character, its all good?

Nah you can do what you want
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    @RogerP His crotch right now looks a little too high, bring it down a bit and emphasize more of a bulge or Jock their

@slosh Do your own take on any super hero or villain, whether its undead or sci fi Etc. the choice is yours I know you just recently did your wonder woman or still working on her but if your up for another superhero you should jump on this one :)  
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    Update here... a bit more agressive feeling trying to keep the human feeling on his face. I'm gonna try to approach to the Avengers' Hulk ( mark ruffalo ). The next will be to work on the back muscles, cos I have to fix a lot of things I have wrong and the I will jump into a good pants for mr. green ( I'm between "sci-fi" leggings from avengers or the typical trouser broken - I like more this last one - )

Crits and tips always welcome :).

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Pshyco:
    Looks great to me, that hair is pretty boss, i like it, looking forward to the next updates.

I'd say Slosh jump on in though you would have "two/postings" going :) idc others might, either way in the end you could pop her in as a final?
    No prizes but good art to be posted/had, i checked her out she's looking kick ass and she has an 80's feel to her (didn't read thread, if that was on purpose.)

Yea Kend I am going to see what can be done if I actually try, i usually rush and just can't wait to get to the texturing parts, cause then i feel it is almost done and I feel i can "rest easy a bit".

Unwrap is not sorted, it is just there.

• 05dastarli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @DavidCruz great to see you back, loving the gun model. Looks like the ammo chamber could do with some bevelling/smoothing but other than that it's looking great.

@Pshyco Thanks for the feedback on the head, I feel like I've spent too much time looking at it so I'm taking a break for now and start it again with fresh eyes later. I did use reference but I felt restricted with the proportions of the first head so when I go back I'm going start from scratch.

Here's my progress on the rest of him, started decaying things and adding wear and tear which is the fun bit. Let me know what you think.

• pato87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pato87 polycounter lvl 5
    Ive chosen to do Kaname Tousen for this challenge. Not much to show for now other than a head blockout...

• RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    Lot's to fix still, but some progress

• Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    Welcome @pato87 !!
    @RogerP The stylized proportions look good for me and I really like the organic touch on the boots. Not a big fan of the emissive leds on the thighs but is looking cool overall. Are you going to add some gloves? He needs something there  right now :)

• RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    @Pshyco Glad you're digging it man. Yeah he still needs major work across the arms and legs :)

• RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
  • 05dastarli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, thought I'd upload some more progress, I think I'm going to start doing the low poly soon (I like to start before I finish the high poly to see what I if the details read ok in the normal).

Let me know what you think:

• Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    @05dastarli I think you'll have no problems with the details on the bake since you don't have limitations on the texture map size...
    @RogerP Nice man. The thighs looks better for me now. Wating to see what you'll do on the hands :d
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    So here I have an update. Better Marc Ruffalo's hulk likeness I think... I'll keep working on the high just a little more for microdetails and changing some parts like triceps...

Crits and Comments appreciated :)
  • 05dastarli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Pshyco loving the subtle details, he looks really cool. Much closer to Ruffalo's Hulk as well. Are you going to add some rips to the trousers? I think it would add more character to it.

I've had a lot of time today so I've started polypainting and adding more details. I'd love some feedback.

• RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    Looking good @05dastarli the only thing jumping at me right now is the cape on the top part of the left shoulder. It's a bit distracting to have it like it is right now, almost feels like it's not made of cloth or some sort of flexible material. keep it up!

• Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    Is this thread dead?
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    Nooooo! I've been busy with a project, but I'm picking it backup soon.
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Not really but i went back over to g.a... to try to get more enthusiasm to continue but recent posts on Artstation of joker busts all month kind of took my steam away and i'll probably end up waiting till i get steam back or till those posts down out, when ever that is.(Too much? idc.)
    This was the latest and i haven't touched it in a week or two.
    But like others i guess for now i've moved on to "much more fun" stuff.

05dastarli
    Don't know who you are but thanks for the comments, wondering since you know of my previous work on g.a. you must have been around for a while.  Either way good luck with G.a's. challenge, looks good no real critique, details are were it's at.