Home Technical Talk

AMD crimson drivers : does anyone having any issues

Replies

• igi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    igi polycounter lvl 12
    amd is giving me too much headaches these days. My current AMD card is not compatible with latest Ubuntu version, plus it has ill performance on Modo(I just realized the onboard VGA of my motherboard gives better OpenGL performance then my AMD card!). 
    Been using ATI/AMD cards for more than 10years, due to absurd amount of comparability issues my next card gonna be NVIDIA. 
  • vijaykrishna585
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    in AMD which model are you using
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    igi said:
    amd is giving me too much headaches these days. My current AMD card is not compatible with latest Ubuntu version, plus it has ill performance on Modo(I just realized the onboard VGA of my motherboard gives better OpenGL performance then my AMD card!).
    use the AMDGPU open source drivers, waaaaaay better openGL performance on those. When AMDGPU-PRO goes out of beta I'll probably update that with another comparison.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kolayamit polycounter lvl 13
    beefaroni said:
    Nah Nvidia. Last gen it was $$ to get 6GB (980ti). That's why I went with the 390 originally. At the time, it worked really well with 3d applications and had 8GB of VRAM. Not sure what they're doing with the Crimson drivers :/

I am planning to buy a used R9 390, is this a good decision :) or a GTX 970?