Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

Warframe Tennogen Contest Q&A

Replies

• Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, just had a look. I'd done all the tax stuff etc. but hadn't finalised the revenue sharing stuff so I've done that now. I'll wait and see if that's done it.

Thanks very much :)

EDIT: Boom; it's showing now
  • Blob_monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, how can we update our thumbnail images on steam? do we need to do it through tennogen? I can add images but not change the thumbnail itself
  • ZukeSangue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My steam page isn't showing the tags :/
  • Port-Seven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Port-Seven polycounter lvl 7
    My steam page isn't showing the tags :/
    Same for me.

EDIT: re-uploaded as suggested below, tags are showing now.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @Shadowplay Has a work around that worked out for him:
    "
    I was able to resolve the issue, if you delete a steam workshop item and try to re-upload it without first closing the warframe uploader it excludes the tags. It has to be completely closed down and restarted. Both Warframes should be good now."

Hopefully that helps some folks -- we haven't got a solid lock on it yet.
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    Hopefully that 9pm was just a buffer! Schedule kept conflicting :blush: How come the TennoGen uploader won't except the TennoGenExport.zip file? It's saying it's an unsupported file format.
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    @Chase you have to point to the folder that the TennoGen zip is in. NOT the Tennogen folder itself.

e.g. if your Tennogen zip is in a folder on "C:/Desktop/Warframe" then that's the folder you select then the Uploader will search in the folder for a zip called TennoGen and then upload it. I think that's how it works. Does that make sense? Let me know if it works. Just make sure that you add your FBX to that Tennogen zip file after. 
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for the reply Del!! I can't attach my steam link to my post since it's closed now :( Does that matter? Here it is if any Admin can help me http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566849502
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Are you guys gonna keep the workshop open after this contest is over? Can we make more items for the game?
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    disanski said:
    Are you guys gonna keep the workshop open after this contest is over? Can we make more items for the game?
    Yep.  Intend to open some new character options for helmets soon.
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    kary said:
    Yep.  Intend to open some new character options for helmets soon.
    For the tint masks, I'm wondering how people are having up to 5 tints when the RGB+Alpha is only 4 at most. Any advice?
  • justincoocoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I submitted through TennoGen, but the status has been at Pending since submission, and my work isn't showing up publicly on steam. Is this normal?  

Chase, is the fifth tint emission? There's a fifth option for emission color in TennoGen, but it uses Emission's RGB instead of Tint Mask's channels.  
  • avenali312
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    avenali312 polycounter lvl 8
    I submitted through TennoGen, but the status has been at Pending since submission, and my work isn't showing up publicly on steam. Is this normal?  

Chase, is the fifth tint emission? There's a fifth option for emission color in TennoGen, but it uses Emission's RGB instead of Tint Mask's channels.  
    I think the first question was answered earlier. I believe it remains Pending in TennoGen until it's put in-game.

As for showing up on Steam, is it set to private by accident? Did you finish the royalty steps? Those are the ones that come to the top of my head.
  • EYSSIX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EYSSIX polycounter lvl 3
    @Chase

Tint masks are as follows: RGBA+Emissive
    so 4 tints plus energy color.
    Hope that helps clarify.
  • Blob_monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I asked Kary privately but it might be a good idea to ask here, as other people may be experiencing this issue
    I didnt place the .fbx file in the tennogen zip folder, rather the folder containing the zip folder (I clearly got confused by the upload process lol).
    Is there a way to remedy this? 
  • MasterNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I asked Kary privately but it might be a good idea to ask here, as other people may be experiencing this issue
    I didnt place the .fbx file in the tennogen zip folder, rather the folder containing the zip folder (I clearly got confused by the upload process lol).
    Is there a way to remedy this? 
    Tennogen sucks up everything inside the folder that contains the zip file and uploads it all to steam workshop. As long as your .fbx is in the same folder as the .zip file, it should be uploaded.

I should know, Tennogen absorbed all 400MB of my .psd files.
  • Blob_monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh right! thanks for the answer @MasterNoob

• kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @MasterNoob Heh your 400mb of PSDs, other people's HP bake OBJs and several other things.  Live and learn, we can definitely document that better :)
  • novabjorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @karyThat's insane. No wonder my workshop files have been so big...should we do something to remedy this? if not on our polycount items then maybe our steam workshop items?
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @novabjorn I think you're free to edit your items as you will.  I'll have to talk with @DESizzlingCalamari about how we might tweak that setup in future, but I don't think it's a huge deal.  Won't affect things on the game end, as those are hand integrated (largely by me actually).
  • novabjorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @kary

In that case, would it be easier on you if you didn't have to hunt through my pile png, obj, psd and various other non-essentials? I did put my fbx and textures straight in the TennoGenExport.zip file so it shouldn't be too difficult, but if it makes things easier on your end i'm happy to update.
  • TJLaw3d
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    @kary are we free to just keep making helmets and skins from here on and keep submitting them for review,  now that the competition is over? 

I'm new to this workshop stuff. 
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    @Del: Not 100% sure about the Alt helms, but I'm certain about skins. The workshop was open and accepting certain items well before the contest, so you're good to go on that front!
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Yep feel free to continue on new helms, we would like to integrate excellent content as we can.  Also we are hoping to open up a few more character options before the holidays as well :)
  • Blob_monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do we know when to keep our eye out for announcements? I'm super keen to check out the winners!
  • dempolys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree. When can we expect to see the results @kary @DERebecca?
    This week, this year? An kind of estimate? I'd love to buy some the stuff I've seen so far.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Announcement soon.  Release before the end of the year is a strong possibility.  That is the timeline we're working towards, but crazy things can happen this time of year. 
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Tried to make the tintmask stuff a bit clearer here:  https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=tintmasks hopefully it doesn't add to the confusion.  WIP will make things clearer as I can.
  • Arsenal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arsenal polycounter lvl 12
    @kary : Thanks for taking the time to update these.

I also would love to get the right poly budget for helmet documented since there are two versions listed for helmets.
    https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=polycount-creating-an-alt-helm - 3k tris
    https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=technical-specifications  - 5k tris
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @Arsenal
    Argh -- tx getting that sorted now.
  • harry1511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harry1511 polycounter lvl 5
    Hey guys,
    So this piece was intended for the contest, but I missed the deadline. However, I still decide to finish it, and encounter this weird normal error in Warframe viewer that I can't quite figure out how. As you can see below, there is a dark area after I load the normal map (see my normal below), this does not happen in Marmoset at all.

As far as I know, I baked my normal map Substance Designer with the proper Mikktspace, and I made sure that my normal map is clean. Hard edge on all UV shell didn't quite fix this, I still have dark area, but smaller. So, what is the problem? And how can I fix this issue?

Thank you.

• kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    That is very odd.  Is that with the normal and the AO applied or similar?  Just wondering if there are other maps that could be contributing.  IE:  Something in the tintmask slot that has that unexpected shape there etc.
  • harry1511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will double check tonight, but pretty sure I only applied base color map, then normal map only, and this issue shows up. Will report back, thanks Kary.
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    @kary I haven't received an explanation to this so maybe you might have an insight? Why was my weapon category not given a winner? I was in the Orthos weapon swap, and after seeing a large number of views, favorites, likes, etc I figured I'd have a good chance. Instead, no one nor myself was given the win. I don't understand seeing as the contest said every category would receive a winner yet 2 categories did not. Myself and others put a lot of effort into this so I'm a little frustrated with the idea that no one was chosen. I can't be alone in thinking this. Thanks for any insight you can shine
  • Blob_monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase said:
    @kary I haven't received an explanation to this so maybe you might have an insight? Why was my weapon category not given a winner? I was in the Orthos weapon swap, and after seeing a large number of views, favorites, likes, etc I figured I'd have a good chance. Instead, no one nor myself was given the win. I don't understand seeing as the contest said every category would receive a winner yet 2 categories did not. Myself and others put a lot of effort into this so I'm a little frustrated with the idea that no one was chosen. I can't be alone in thinking this. Thanks for any insight you can shine
    hey dude, 
    I think its at their discretion to quality control entries, I know in the past I've been knocked back on workshop items in a similar manner. I think I recall seeing a "reasons for rejection" page on the tennogen help site, maybe check that out and make some changes. You might be able to get your orthos in through the regular workshop system.
    Its ultimately their game and their call :( I dont think it said anywhere that every category would get a winner.
    Even though im not kary, hope that helps.
  • harry1511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

kary said:
    That is very odd.  Is that with the normal and the AO applied or similar?  Just wondering if there are other maps that could be contributing.  IE:  Something in the tintmask slot that has that unexpected shape there etc.

Just double checked, I only loaded normal map and the issue is there...:( One thing is that I DID stretch my UV up as at first I thought because the resolution would be 512x1024 (1/2 square), I packed my UV islands in only 1/2 square of 0-1 space, and soon realized that maps would be stretch to fill the entire 0-1 space (1 square) anyway==>mismatch my UV. Thus, I scaled my UV to match my map. I don't know if this create issue, but I doubt it does....

• Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9

hey dude, 
    I think its at their discretion to quality control entries, I know in the past I've been knocked back on workshop items in a similar manner. I think I recall seeing a "reasons for rejection" page on the tennogen help site, maybe check that out and make some changes. You might be able to get your orthos in through the regular workshop system.
    Its ultimately their game and their call :( I dont think it said anywhere that every category would get a winner.
    Even though im not kary, hope that helps.
    It helps a bit, thanks Blob. I read over that link you're referring to about the reasons for rejection. I'd just like to know which reason I fall under is all. Right now I just feel annoyed that I put a month into this and got brushed off :( Here's my submission if you just want to see it http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566849502&searchtext=
  • Saly23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saly23 polycounter lvl 5

Hey guys, pls tell me what you think about this "Mag Helmet". I want to know if this have chance before I will start working on low poly and textuzring. Thanks a lot
  • Rekkou_109
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saly23 said:

Hey guys, pls tell me what you think about this "Mag Helmet". I want to know if this have chance before I will start working on low poly and textuzring. Thanks a lot
    Most people post on warframe tennogen forums now, i suggest you to go there for more input