Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

Warframe Tennogen Contest Q&A

Replies

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    @ZukeSangue
    Just to speed this up a little I'm going to jump in and tell you you'll probably need to give more information. What program? Does it look fine in another one? Can we get a screenshot of the issue? Is it only occurring in Tennogen?
  • ZukeSangue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @BagelHero
    Yeah it happening when i'm looking at my assets on tennogen.
    Edit: for some reason restarting tennogen has fixed this issue :/
  •  Chris Bruin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chris Bruin polycounter lvl 10
    I asked this through PM, but I figured the question would be good to post publicly in case if someone else has the same question:

I noticed that the example helmets have polygons running all the way through, where the neck connects

My question is, do we need to have polygons stretching all the way through, or is an empty shell like ok?

• kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @ParadoxTLH

Sorry about the delay getting back.  I was out of town and the forum doesn't allow posts on Android at the moment.

You do want the polys running across the bottom as a safe guard against the LoD system.  The system is quite reliable, but for the amount of work / cost it's worth running the polys under the helmets and be 100% sure that you won't get a bad draw and have the hole open wider.

-----------------

Hope the contest draws to a close well for everyone :)
  • VarunaTide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick question, how will the winners be decided? Polling? Judging? Or the in-game votes on steam? Because the people who released their works earlier have a definite advantage due to more exposure.
  • ZukeSangue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have 3 different versions of my current blade if it ok to submit each of them or must I only choose one?
    WIP
  • MasterNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When using the Tennogen tool, do we manually insert the .fbx file into the tennogenexport.zip archive or does the program find the fbx on its own(assuming the .fbx file shares the same name as the .obj file imported)?
  • Rekkou_109
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can anyone help me with curve map? Can it be generated from Xnormal? i've tried curvature map, but the result is very different.
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    One more question before submission. I'm seeing other people submit a Tint Mask map that looks like this;

which is how mine looks, but after I've added the alpha with SuperPng mine looks like this;

which one is the correct one to submit? I assumed it would be the second more boring looking one, since that's the one that works in the Tennogen program.

• kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @Del hard to say.  I expect it is the second one if it works as you want it to in the app -- most of the time you're seeing people submit just their RGB channels and their alpha separately, as one makes it hard to see the other.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @VarunaTide It certainly won't hurt to have hype behind you, but it will end in judging.  

@ZukeSangue Looks like those are 3 different tint arrangements?  If so you can include them as part of your submit to show the tinting, but you must chose one to be your final colour scheme.  You can only submit one set of maps though.

@masternoob  It's going to grab everything in the folder, so as long as it's there you should be good.

@rekkou you can probably get what you need from the free filters that come w/ xNormal for Photoshop.  

@del as per the other thread, probably 2 if it looks right.  
  • miica
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miica polycounter lvl 13
    Hi, I think I got some problem with steam workshop, I have submitted my helmet but it wasn't showing up on the most recent list.

This is the link to my steam workshop item:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565811215

In my page there's this info:

When I go to the payment information page, I completed the bank account information but there's one area I can't complete which is the tax infomation. I click the Enter Tax Information button but it shows me "webpage not available".

I live in Malaysia, so maybe that's the reason. Anyone know about this problem?

• quanghuyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quanghuyn polycounter lvl 2
    Hey,
    is it possible to change the workshop thumbnail/ preview picture of the uploaded item ?

Edit: Nvm. Found it.
  • DESizzlingCalamari
    @miica
    Your best bet would be to contact Steam support at support.steampowered.com

• avenali312
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    avenali312 polycounter lvl 8
    So, I feel like I'm missing something pretty important with the tint mask. I've read through this entire thread and I have a map, but it doesn't seem to be behaving the way I thought it would in the TennoGen viewer. I have information in all three color channels breaking up the different portions of the mesh and an alpha for the areas I don't want to be tintable. The problem is, I'm only getting a change in color when I change the lower circle (of the four circles) next to Tint Mask. Changing the bottom color circle seems to affect the entire mesh evenly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
  • avenali312
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary said:
    @avenali312 alpha is for your 4th tint channel.  https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=texturing-guide bottom of this page.

Thanks, Kary. I've read through that page so many times and I'm just not getting it. I guess I'm looking at it like an ID map where I'm choosing areas of the mesh that the player can choose a color and customize, but I seem to be mucking it up somehow. 
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    "I have information in all three color channels breaking up the different portions of the mesh and an alpha for the areas I don't want to be tintable. "

NP.  The alpha determines the colour, use black for areas that you want to not be tintable.
  • avenali312
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary said:
    "I have information in all three color channels breaking up the different portions of the mesh and an alpha for the areas I don't want to be tintable. "

NP.  The alpha determines the colour, use black for areas that you want to not be tintable.
    Thanks again, Kary. I got it now. I was thinking backwards with my alphas. Things make sense now.
  • TJLaw3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TJLaw3d vertex
    Good day everyone. I have been following along the documentation but I guess I missed something regarding the tintmask. I made sure that my alpha is exporting but now I'm thinking It has something to do with what im doing in Substance. here is a pic of my layers, any thoughts?
  • Skella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skella polycounter lvl 2
    I submitted my item via the TennoGen tool, utilized the appropriate tags, and saved revenue sharing details. The item is in my personal workshop submissions page. Under Warframe>Workshop>(My) Workshop but when I go to the Warframe Workshop, my work doesn't appear. It also appears untagged in my workshop page. Is this normal? Am I waiting on something or did I flub something up?

Also, in TennoGen whether it was my tintmasks, or the tintmasks for the base meshes, I couldn't get the color change to affect the sections designated. I had R,G, and B channels as well as an alpha, and the tint mask ignored the whole thing and colored the entire object the last color.
  • avenali312
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skella said:
    I submitted my item via the TennoGen tool, utilized the appropriate tags, and saved revenue sharing details. The item is in my personal workshop submissions page. Under Warframe>Workshop>(My) Workshop but when I go to the Warframe Workshop, my work doesn't appear. It also appears untagged in my workshop page. Is this normal? Am I waiting on something or did I flub something up?

Also, in TennoGen whether it was my tintmasks, or the tintmasks for the base meshes, I couldn't get the color change to affect the sections designated. I had R,G, and B channels as well as an alpha, and the tint mask ignored the whole thing and colored the entire object the last color.
    I just had this same exact issue. Don't think of the alpha as an alpha per se. If the entire alpha channel is white, it will color the entire object since it is rendered at the top most level in-engine. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm having a hard time explaining it with text.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @TJLaw3d looks like you don't have an alpha channel?

@skella as per @avenali312 the alpha is to determine the fourth colour.  You likely are missing it or have it as pure white.  
    Sounds like you are missing some tags.  Also could it be set to private (in the upper right) instead of public?  
  • Skella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skella polycounter lvl 2
    @kary My alpha channel is present, and just to test I completely removed white from the UV area and just put a dot of it in the bottom corner. The fourth tint in Tennogen still controlled the entire mesh's color. It does this for the base mesh and it's tintmasks as well.

The item is set to public, but the tags I put on it aren't present.
  • TJLaw3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TJLaw3d vertex
    @kary hey, I thought that was the case. Its funny though, when I check my "User1" my alpha shows up. Kinda baffled, ill keep messing with it.
  • TJLaw3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TJLaw3d vertex
    @kary thanks for the reply. I had the alpha but it was covering up the parts that "needed to be shown" :p. Just inverted it and everything's fine XD
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @Skella really not sure then.  Perhaps something in the way the alpha is getting saved...  does the "uploader example" zips work for you?
  • Skella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skella polycounter lvl 2
    @kary Yeah, the uploader example for the Skana? They seem to let me recolor just fine. Is there a difference between the Skana's tintmasks and the Excalibur base mesh's masks?
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    Guys if you're having trouble getting the tints to show MAKE SURE that you are adding your black and white tint  mask into the Alpha channel of the mult-colored Map png. 

And also, you WON'T be able to save the PNG with an alpha channel unless you download the  "SuperPNG" Plug-in for Photoshop. 

I'm sure that will fix a lot of you  problems because I had the same issue. I just didn't read the instructions on the site closely  enough. 
  • Rekkou_109
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

@miica
    Your best bet would be to contact Steam support at support.steampowered.com

Are we still eligible for entry if our problem is not solved until deadline? because steam support really isn't the fastest or reliable support......
  • miica
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miica polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks Calamari, I went to support.steampowered.com, but figured out I should try access the tax information on a smartphone, and it works! I can't access the tax information on all 3 browsers on my PC, but the smartphone works. I can see my item on the most recent list now  :D
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    @kary can I take my presentation shots from substance with DE's shader? I know I have to turn the post effects off. The  Tennogen doesn't have much lighting control and doesn't use a cube map. Is this OK? 
  • MasterNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary said:
    @masternoob  It's going to grab everything in the folder, so as long as it's there you should be good.
    At first I thought you meant it filters the .pngs and .obj/.fbx files, but it turns out Tennogen uploaded all 400+ MB of my test jpegs and .psd files! should I fix this or leave it alone?
  • MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrAwexome polycounter lvl 6
    im making this down to the wire, but  in Tennogen, my tintmask works fine (all 4 channels are able to be tinted) but i can't seem to find the right tint mask for the excal basemesh, the one i downloaded with the mesh doesn't have an alpha channel unless i need the super png plugin first?
  • Blob_monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @MrAwexome Id say you do need the plugin mate. 
  • MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrAwexome polycounter lvl 6
    yeah, that worked, just had to create an alpha on excal's example tintnmask and save its as a superpng. all good now
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @Del Yep that is fine -- Tennogen, painter, Toolbag, all good.  Just not heavy post that can make things hard to read.

@masternoob You probably want to reupload with a clean directory.  I think Steam gives you a gb of space, but I can't swear to it.

@mrawexome that was in the 'uploaderexample' directory.  Been a lot of confusion that one set of files was for content creation, and the other for display.  Sorry about that.
  • Port-Seven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Port-Seven polycounter lvl 7
    Did a quick search but couldn't find an answer to this question in particular -- what program should we use to take a screenshot of our submission? Tennogen?
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    kary said:
    @Del Yep that is fine -- Tennogen, painter, Toolbag, all good.  Just not heavy post that can make things hard to read.

@Port-Seven Kary answered it above. Looking forward to seeing the winners and entries.
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Did anyone else get the Workshop item not being tagged issue? Any solutions? Mine seems to be tagless no matter what I do. :/
  • Port-Seven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Port-Seven polycounter lvl 7
    Ah, should've refreshed the page. Thanks :)
  • Rekkou_109
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've uploaded my entry, but not sure it succeed or not because the status says "pending". Does anyone experiencing the same thing?
  • DESizzlingCalamari
    If you are experiencing the issue where tags are not uploaded, try restarting the tool and editing tags on your uploaded item. You can do this by selecting your item in the Workshop Items list, editing the tags, and pressing upload. If you have a consistent reproduction for this issue, PM me.

@Rekkou_109
    The status is referring to the acceptance status of the item for the game. All items will show as pending unless they are accepted for use in the game.
  • Rekkou_109
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you are experiencing the issue where tags are not uploaded, try restarting the tool and editing tags on your uploaded item. You can do this by selecting your item in the Workshop Items list, editing the tags, and pressing upload. If you have a consistent reproduction for this issue, PM me.

@Rekkou_109
    The status is referring to the acceptance status of the item for the game. All items will show as pending unless they are accepted for use in the game.

thanks, that is very reassuring
  • Skuld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skuld polycounter lvl 9
    Hey guys, quick question about uploading a Alt Helmet:
     Do you only export the Custom helmet mesh or do you have to export the Custom helmet AND the body mesh provided??
    Thanks!!
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    @Skuld just the helmet! It's a question that's been answered a few times now I believe. Good luck with your submission :)
  • Skuld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skuld polycounter lvl 9
    @Del
    Thank you! :)  Sorry for reapeating the question, I was still having doubts about that.  

• Shadowplay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadowplay polycounter lvl 13
    I am having issues with my tags not showing up on steam, i have tried re-uploading 3 times and still none of the tags i checkmark will show up
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, mine still isn't showig on the Warframe workshop page :/ I've tried reuploading, making sure only the relevant files were in the folder with the tennogenexport.zip but so far it doesn't seem to have helped. It shows in my own workshop though, any ideas?

Cheers
  • avenali312
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, mine still isn't showig on the Warframe workshop page :/ I've tried reuploading, making sure only the relevant files were in the folder with the tennogenexport.zip but so far it doesn't seem to have helped. It shows in my own workshop though, any ideas?

Cheers

Did you complete the user agreements and revenue sharing portion on the workshop page? It won't show until you do.