Home Adobe Substance

Painter crash corruption HELP!!!

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
thegreyman1 polycounter lvl 11
I need help on this one ASAP. I've been working on a painter project for over a week now and there was a power outage at my work. Its giving me the error "cannot load this project with this software version: Cannot decode data"

Has anybody figured out how to recover from this yet? This is a big deal to lose this much work and I need help...

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    just fyi all, this issue has been handled over email. The file couldn't be recovered but we are working on making sure this can't happen again in future builds.
  • Cloudfactor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cloudfactor polycounter lvl 2
    It's two months and two builds later and it just happened to me. Not cool, man. Software crashing should not render the software or the current file useless after the crash. Substance Painter 2 says (when I open it):

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Additional maps' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Amazon Lumberyard' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Arnold UDIM' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Arnold' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Corona' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'CryEngine 3' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Dota 2' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Keyshot' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'PBR MetalRough (Folder or PSD Group)' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'PBR MetalRough' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'PBR SpecGloss from MetalRough' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Redshift' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Shade 3D' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'SpecGloss (non PBR)' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Unity 4' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Unity 5 (Standard Metallic)' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Unity 5 (Standard Specular)' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Unreal Engine 4 (Packed)' [Invalid binary data]

[ResourceExportPreset] Failed to load export preset 'Vray' [Invalid binary data]

And I can't open the SPP I was working on. My time costs minimum $50/hour. Your software can't make this kind of mistake. Thanks.

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Please, keep your issue in one thread at a time. We replied here : http://polycount.com/discussion/148708/painter-cant-open-a-project-after-crash