Home General Discussion

What Anime are you Watching atm?

Replies

• JimmyRustler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JimmyRustler polycounter lvl 8
    SonicBlue wrote: »
    The characters story needs to be unfolded, there's a lot more to tell about them.
    I was expecting it to be a shoujo, from the picture cover (and it's actually target to women), but fortunately it wasn't something like "senpai, notice me, please!"
    Another really cool anime about sports is Ping Pong The Animation, there's also Slam Dunk (a classic) and I would not recommend Capeta, since it's full of bullshit (especially when out of nowhere he understand what to do) and it doesn't have a conclusion.

"Blood tastes like iron"
    I've watched Ping Pong, and yes it was awesome. Haikyuu was a great sports anime too, but hated the way they were yelling everytime to get their point across. Tons of anime did this and i just can't stand it.
    There's a shoujo with the theme "Senpai, notice me" that was handled very well though. Its "Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun". The scene about the bike at the first eps had me laughing so hard.

@sziada
    Gakuto is the best bro ever. His VA bring his character alive.

@PrecisionClear
    I agree about S;G. I hated Okabe because of his quirks, even after knowing the reason why he did it. Touching, but still freaking annoying. The story was great though.
    Disagree about AOT. I thought pacing was perfect and enjoyable.
    Parasyte was interesting, but 'are you the real Shinichi-kun?" pisses me off.
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    While im not about to read through all 7 pages of people's anime - I have to say I am THRILLED that Gintama has returned after the huge success of their movie. If you don't know it, go google it. Best. Anime. Ever.
  • Mr.Moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose polycounter lvl 7
    "Blood tastes like iron"
    I've watched Ping Pong, and yes it was awesome. Haikyuu was a great sports anime too, but hated the way they were yelling everytime to get their point across. Tons of anime did this and i just can't stand it.
    There's a shoujo with the theme "Senpai, notice me" that was handled very well though. Its "Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun". The scene about the bike at the first eps had me laughing so hard.

@sziada
    Gakuto is the best bro ever. His VA bring his character alive.

@PrecisionClear
    I agree about S;G. I hated Okabe because of his quirks, even after knowing the reason why he did it. Touching, but still freaking annoying. The story was great though.
    Disagree about AOT. I thought pacing was perfect and enjoyable.
    Parasyte was interesting, but 'are you the real Shinichi-kun?" pisses me off.

I LOVE Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun!!

I was in stitches for the majority of that one :D
  • JimmyRustler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose wrote: »
    I LOVE Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun!!
    I was in stitches for the majority of that one :D
    Definitely need a second season, or we riot.

Anyway,so, it is almost the end of this year summer season. Does your opinions change about some currently airing anime?
    Interested to hear you guys opinion, because maybe i'm missing out some great one.

Rokka no Yuusha
    Not a fan at first, but the premise drew me in, so i decided to kept watching it. Gradually growing more intense as i racked my brain trying to figure out who the 7th braves is. So much fun. The suspense and the anticipation for the next episode is killing me. I need to seriously avoid spoilers, have to figured it out myself. Am ready to be blown away/disappointed.

Gakkou Gurashi
    It had such a great first episode, but as more episodes goes on, my impression goes down as well. They decided to go more 'Cute' instead of being serious, which is such a shame. They slow down the pace as well, which makes things worst. I decided to read the manga, and the only cuteness i got from there is the character design. So, i suggest to read the manga instead if moe is infectious to you. It was pretty serious in the manga most of the time.

Charlotte
    Still not a fan, although the story gets pretty interesting as more episodes goes on. Not enough to warrant my anticipation though, but still curious on how things will end.

Classroom Crisis
    Early episodes is pretty much boring. But it gradually gets interesting though as they decided to tone down the 'cuteness' and gets serious in the plot and char development.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Only anime worth watching now is Shokugeki no Soma
  • Stinkfoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    *Old man mode on*

I stopped watching anime in the 90s, I think it hit it's prime with stuff like ninja scroll, akira, wicked city and all the bazillion cyberpunk movies. (Also why does every anime series have to be a gazillion episodes these days?, aint no one got time for that) But I have been rewatching Planetes lately.

*old man mode off*
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    all I want is more ghost in the shell

plus I want a 3D movie of that because OMG its art is freakin amazing!
  • JimmyRustler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Visceral
    Shokugeki is great, but the foodgasm reaction felt a bit too much for my taste. Yes, it was part of the charm, but it would be pretty hard to recommend to someone who are new to anime culture.
    The art was great though, and the plot surprisingly fun, although i didn't really like how the MC acted like he's the shit. Would be hard to relate to.

@Stinkfoot
    You got to be open minded or you'll missed out a bunch of great stuff, you know. If you hated the long ones, just find something that'll end in 1/2 cour season, problem solved.
    I used to hate anime, but i'm pretty much in too far right now, haha.
    And PLANETES, yes, thats on my top five favorite anime list. It was awesome.

@Shinigami
    Gangsta is great, although it looks like there aren't enough budget for the animation.
    But the story definitely much more mature than your average anime. I'm enjoying it so far.

@Sziada
    Isn't there a new one called Arise?
    I'm not really following GiTS though, probably on the near future.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im huge food buff. Went to chefs school etc. So i cant help it.
  • Mr.Moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just started GATE
    it is amazing :D
  • JimmyRustler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Visceral
    That is nice to hear because i was curious on how people with that kind of experiences receives Shokugeki no Soma.

@Mr.moose
    GATE, Overlord, and GANGSTA have been great from the start. Adult MC is always welcomed.
    I'm pretty curious on how GATE will adapt the next arc from the manga, because shit was fucked up.
    The anime toned down the gore-y and rape-y part by a lot, which is appreciated since it will draw in more viewer. But it removes the scary, brutal, and dark atmosphere of the land beyond the gate.
  • Mr.Moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh no don't get super depressing.. I just want light anime.. Like one punch man XD

SUPER HYPED ABOUT ONE PUNCH MAN ANIME ADAPTION THO!!!

Also Im going to check out those other ones you listed ~
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I'm loving "Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace" but I'm only 4 episodes in so far.
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Erased was absolutely fantastic. Caught me more than any anime in a long time.
  • JimmyRustler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, ERASED was very good, i especially liked the art and sound direction, although they kinda fucked up the adaptation. The manga had a much better explanation on some scenes, especially the killer's motives, and definitely offer a better confrontation and conclusion IMO. 
  • dystopianghost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dystopianghost polycounter lvl 10
    Give Psycho Pass a try if you haven't it's great.
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Give Psycho Pass a try if you haven't it's great.
    lol I saw Psycho Pass just as made this thread, but yeah tis was awesome!
  • Darth Tomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darth Tomi polycounter lvl 12
    Psycho Pass was great. 

• teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    sziada said:

I've watched it, the first few episodes had some amazing, movie-quality animation and direction. But the latter half of the show really fell apart for me and the art quality dipped as well.

From this season I'm currently watching Kabaneri. The plot is somewhat generic and reminiscent of Attack On Titan, but the art style is really striking at times. The character designs really remind me of late 80's/early 90's anime and its really refreshing to see this style these days.

There is some weird use of CG that takes you out sometimes though.

Also, the new season of JoJo is pretty great so far. Part 4 goes absolutely bonkers at times, so I can't wait to see those moments animated.

• Mary_Marinez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bleach. One of the most action-heavy animes I've watched this far.
  • JimmyRustler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @teaandcigarettes
    Kabaneri is pretty cool so far, its definitely promising enough to be the best one, though theres definitely a lot of good stuff this season. And yeah, lots of battle in Jojo part 4 that would look totally awesome animated, dissapointed that the OP wasn't your usual Jojo CGI though. 

@mary_marinez
    I don't know how much anime you've watched, but theres actually a lot anime with better action sequences out there.
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada said:

I've watched it, the first few episodes had some amazing, movie-quality animation and direction. But the latter half of the show really fell apart for me and the art quality dipped as well.

From this season I'm currently watching Kabaneri. The plot is somewhat generic and reminiscent of Attack On Titan, but the art style is really striking at times. The character designs really remind me of late 80's/early 90's anime and its really refreshing to see this style these days.

There is some weird use of CG that takes you out sometimes though.

Also, the new season of JoJo is pretty great so far. Part 4 goes absolutely bonkers at times, so I can't wait to see those moments animated.

looks pretty man, I might need to check it out
  • Melazee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Melazee polycounter lvl 11
    I don't watch much anime, but Hunter X Hunter captured my heart. I'm currently rewatching it, but the new English dub. It's... okay? But oh boy, that series. So good. Some of the best character development I've seen for a long time. I could bang on about that show for ages but I won't, it would make a pretty lengthy essay!

I want to model Gon for sure at some point, he's on my list. 
  • MDiamond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDiamond polycounter lvl 10
    I don't watch much anime anymore, but currently watching One-Punch Man. The last one I really enjoyed was Battleship Yamato 2199.  Fantastic space opera.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Melazee said:
    I don't watch much anime, but Hunter X Hunter captured my heart. I'm currently rewatching it, but the new English dub. It's... okay? But oh boy, that series. So good. Some of the best character development I've seen for a long time. I could bang on about that show for ages but I won't, it would make a pretty lengthy essay!

I want to model Gon for sure at some point, he's on my list. 
    I think the original anime which was hand painted on cels was far superior.  Check it out if you haven't!  
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been watching my hero Academia, man this series is awesome, new episode is out today!