Home General Discussion

Paintstorm studio - new painting package.

Replies

• asdert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    asdert polycounter lvl 7
    just a begining don't change the license, I'm waitting for more special feature from you Paintstorm
    very apreciate if u put some feature from pts to it. But first plz fix some bug crash from now,I usually get lag when using big brush. I heard s.o said that the software only create a canvas with 72 pdi. I also love the Graph, great feature u know
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Do you have a form of online bug tracking we could contribute to?

I have found a ton of little bugs, but i don't know what you know and don't know about.
  • knacki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    knacki polycounter lvl 11
    Muzz wrote: »
    Do you have a form of online bug tracking we could contribute to?

I have found a ton of little bugs, but i don't know what you know and don't know about.

That's the point! Give your clients a forum!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I just realized that the current demo system is quite problematic and might end up hurting the development of the program in the long run. Now don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a 15 days trial - but for instance today I wanted to fire up the demo to test it further (and possibly report more bugs !) but I found out that past the first 15 days there is no option to even run the program in limited mode. I am afraid that this might cause a significant drop in support and suggestions coming from artists interested in the program in the first place !
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    yeah would prefer a 1 week tryout without time limit. Even a 48hours, I'm a slow painter i need a lot of time, i just ended up opening the tryout to mess around with the brush, it look nice but it's not long enough for me to fall in love with it.

Also i don't know if you were aware but paintstorm studio look A LOT like the popular anime stream site Crunchyroll. You might wanna check before the software it too known. It's not the same but it's both orange, circle, moon inside the big circle, white circle on the right corner.
    crunchyroll1.png
  • EricHall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricHall polycounter lvl 6
    pior wrote: »
    I just realized that the current demo system is quite problematic and might end up hurting the development of the program in the long run. Now don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a 15 days trial - but for instance today I wanted to fire up the demo to test it further (and possibly report more bugs !) but I found out that past the first 15 days there is no option to even run the program in limited mode. I am afraid that this might cause a significant drop in support and suggestions coming from artists interested in the program in the first place !

I had this same issue. I uninstalled my original trial to check out the update (i.e. multi-monitor fix) and apparently I'm forever locked out from all trials.
  • Paintstormstudio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We plan to reset all trials soon. And maybe give 30 days of trial.

DPI - used for cm or inches, Means Dots Per Inch. No inches - no DPI. We plan to add this standart teamplates like A4 A3, and also DPI, but now Paintstorm works only with pixels.

Guys, If you want to extend your trial period, please contact us by e-mail, we can give you another trlial key. We try to find an individual approach.

Also, you can send any bug reports to our e-mail.
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    @Paintstorm Studio

Ultimately ended up purchasing a license, though I am curious if you have a development road map posted online and possibly a forum or best place to communicate over the software itself?

I think if this software gets some serious development going for it, that you can have a fairly lucrative product on your hands.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    wow, this looks really interesting, I want to buy it but Im not sure yet, Muzz? (or anyone else who bough it for that matter) are you still using it, and for what?
  • Paintstormstudio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Version 1.30 reset trial period! You can try Paintstorm Studio another 15 days.

Added new interface languages: Russian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
    www.paintstormstudio.com/download.html
  • elementrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elementrix polycounter lvl 15
    Played around a bit with the program, makes painting so much more fun than in PS and for 20 dollars it was a no brainer for me. I hope this software will go far =D
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm using freeware fire alpaca for mac atm, but if you're working on mac version, we're good.
    almost phased out painter from my workflow already anyway.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    decided to buy it. I really like the way the brushes feel. They're so smooth and the blending/interaction just feels spot on. I still don't understand why PS is so behind on this but for 19 bucks I wanted to jump in.

I like it so far, some stuff is confusing (no tooltips for mouse hover over?), and is there really no crop tool? aha. Not a huge deal since I can take it into PS though. I hope you guys keep the program lean and focused, and just make sure its functional and bug free. I love having a lean painting program.
  • Paintstormstudio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VERSION 1.31 is avalible (17.05.2015) also it reset trial period.
    Watch the new features video: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7M_V9-1CCE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7M_V9-1CCE[/ame]

Changelog:
    - New «symmetry and mirror» feature added
    New «rope and spring» stabilizer mode added
    - A line while drawing the straight lines added (press Shift)
    - Now you can switch to the eraser by the turning the pen over
    - An autosave feature added (Menu-> File-> Options). It is enabled by default and saves every 10 minutes
    - New hotkeys added: eraser toggle, preserve layer opacity, toggle mirror, toggle clipping mask
    - Now Paintstorm memorizes the position and the size of the window of the previous session
    - Canvas background can now be painted by the "Paint interface" feature

- Bugs fixed:
    1) Bug with downloading the huge psd file
    2) The "global max scale" bug
    3) An offset for Yiynova tablets fixed
    4) Paintstorm no longer uses CPU when inactive
    5) Other bugs and crashes
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Wow, the symmetry feature is rock solid. I am impressed.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Gonna give this a try at home...
  • wilson66
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wilson66 polycounter lvl 8
    Anyone else having the problem that it is impossible to maximize the window of Paintstorm Studio in the new version?
  • iadagraca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iadagraca polycounter lvl 5
    Sweet! thanks for the update!

EDIT: Just tested it, this is gonna be real good when I get my huion display. just gotta save $500 bucks (sigh).

The duplicate feature is unique and has so much potential.
  • speedybrush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else using a VPN and having problems? It constantly reads it as a hardware change and want me to re-register the product. Extremely annoying, especially since it tells me my key is already in use. I've reached out to the Painstorm guys, hopefully they will have a fix for this soon.
  • speedybrush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wilson66 wrote: »
    Anyone else having the problem that it is impossible to maximize the window of Paintstorm Studio in the new version?

Yep, it starts and is minimized - no way to maximize the window. Any solution?
  • Crolock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crolock polycounter lvl 4
    Anyone else using a VPN and having problems? It constantly reads it as a hardware change and want me to re-register the product. Extremely annoying, especially since it tells me my key is already in use. I've reached out to the Painstorm guys, hopefully they will have a fix for this soon.

Same problem.. I can paint in the canevas but I can't maximise or interact with the interface...

[Gtx970 with latest 352.86 Nvidia driver / Windows 7 Pro Sp1 64bits]
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    Just incase devs or others want to know--works great with my monoprice tablet.

Download was slot on a 10mbs connection, anyone else experience this?
  • Arkadius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkadius polycounter lvl 13
    So I've been using Manga Studio for a good while now, I even use it to paint textures. How does this compare to it? Looks promising. I will download the demo and try it out myself, but wanted to see what everyone else thought.
  • heartwatercolor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heartwatercolor polycounter lvl 2
    I've been having a problem with my mouse cursor disappearing in this program after using it for about twenty minutes or so. Using Windows 7-anyone else?
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    semi-related, but CPS is on sale.
    since you guys never bothered replying to my question on the mac os build development progress on FB and generally seem to have brushed it off your priorities list in the recent months, an $ 15 introductory clip paint studio pricing is something to consider for concept artists:

http://www.clipstudio.net/en/purchase
    it's stable, tricky to get the same feel as photoshop/painter brush-wise in my experience, a bit complex on brush settings, but a very well made all in one solution, especially for that price, and it's cross-platform.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah dick move advertising another companies software in here...
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter

well it's his thread :D
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha this is true... not sure it makes it much better though?
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it's my thread. I'm advertising a $15/$100 discounted powerhouse Japanese illustration program in an knock-off corel painter/manga studio hybrid package thread with a team that largely doesn't bother with customer service/PR handling proper, so we're even.
    I'm not paintstorm studio team member either btw.

pick your best options, bae!
  • iadagraca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Besides many people have talked about differing services and prices here XD
  • Zephiris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephiris polygon
    I picked up both, paintstorm, and clip.
    Was actually waiting for clip to go on sale again, so thanks for the notice:)
  • levigilbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been messing around with the trial version the last week or so and really enjoyed it; just got a license.

The customization is really nice. I haven't messed around too much with custom brushes, but it seems pretty similar to photoshop's options plus quite a few more controls.

I pretty much use just one brush which is kind of smudgy and lets me push around color fairly easily and soften edges.

The mixer palette is nice although I haven't used it much.

and for $20 lifetime license it's very much worth it.
  • derphouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    derphouse polycounter lvl 4
    Soo...

Had an issue I find quite severe. I was opening a png file, the file opened, but it was blank. Then I looked at the png file in file browser, and yup, it just saved it as blank. Not sure how that exactly happened.

FYI, the images were thumbnails, I could clearly see the png image before I opened it.

I'm on Windows 10.
  • aleksandr.kili
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aleksandr.kili polycounter lvl 4
    This looks really awesome, I see on the site that mac is coming soon, any ideas when exactly?

I really think little under 50 bux programs that can do a section of amazing stuff by taking good features from a few diff high end progs is the way to go, so respectable , I love it.
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    they mentioned an August release at some point, and went quiet after that.

anyway, having heard some p. great feedback on the windows version (color mixing and certain brushes were complimented a lot), I think it's worth waiting for a bit longer.

I had some expectations for painter 2016, but having used it for a while, I'm basically only more hyped for this package getting an os x release.
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mac os version and a fresh windows build are out --

http://www.paintstormstudio.com/try.html
  • iadagraca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just updated to the new version first thing i said was "whoah whoah..."

This is interesting, i like it, especially the dark theme.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Any chance for a demo version with save disabled for instance ? I just attempted to install the trial again today but couldn't launch it because of the timed limitation. Of course I understand that most trial versions of software are like that, but in this case it's really quite limiting. I hope this makes sense !
  • technokill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I got the windows version. If I want to install the mac version I'd have to buy ANOTHER license even though I won't ever use them at the same time?
  • voronov.art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    voronov.art polycounter lvl 10
    I'm running a trial and it looks impressive so far! But does it have (or will have in future) batching? Actions? Filters? I want to use it for texturing mostly.
  • iadagraca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just an FYI i remembered I needed to reinstall this program and checked the change log for new features. 

Licences are now transferable between machines as of a late September update last year. I was happy to learn this :smiley: 

I haven't reinstalled to check new features yet but i will soon. 
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    I wanted to ask, do you guys plan on putting in a full realtime fluid simulation running on the GPU into this program? I've been hooked on verve painter lately but it doesn't have the rest of the tools I need to use it for concept art production. If  you guys added this I think paintstorm would immediately dominate everything else the industry has to offer.  I really like the interface and way the tools are laid out in paintstorm.

http://www.taron.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBO2hNv_tTE

• final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    Could please add ability to rotate brush stroke the way one can change brush size (holding Ctrl + Alt and moving stylus)?
  • ErrkaPetti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could please add ability to rotate brush stroke the way one can change brush size (holding Ctrl + Alt and moving stylus)?
    Is'nt that already possible? At least with my Apple Pencil and Paintstorm Studio for iPad (iOS)...

You easily change the dynamics for that brush...