Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

the THRONE ROOM -- Questions & Answers

Replies

• Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Derbyshire wrote: »
    Realized after submitting we didn't include the WIP Link or Concept photo, oh well. :/

I don't think it's too serious that you didn't do that, DerbyShire. From the rules' page:

"What to deliver

The submission will include:

-3 beauty shots of the final environment taken from the real time engine of your choice.

-A construction shot of the throne itself, showing the high poly mesh, low poly mesh with wireframe and texture sheets, as well as a concept drawing or reference sample if applicable."

It doesn't say it's part of the submission post to give a link to the WIP thread, plus only says to post a concept drawing "if" applicable.

If it suits you better Jerc, do say so and I'll go edit my post and add those links and pics!

Lastly, thanks for making this contest and good luck everyone!! Great honor to have worked in a polycount contest.
  • Goshi
    Offline / Send Message
    Goshi polycounter lvl 5
    Damm, I forgot to attach a shot of the "mesh(es)" :(
    Nooooo, please say that this do not disqualify my entry ....

I was too tired (instantly fall asleep after submitting at 1:00 this morning) , had only "3 screenshots + textures" in mind. Somehow I was thinking, the mesh-shot will be kind of optional :/

The Thread is locked and I guess editing won´t do.

Not that I had any chance of winning some stuff, but I really want to make a valid entry, that will be looked at by the jury.

Ironically, I posted a link to the WIP Thread - but no mesh
  • Ssjtroll
    Offline / Send Message
    Ssjtroll polycounter lvl 8
    Were you guys able to get our updated hirez shots for the judges?

On a side note, I hope everyone had fun. I know we did! :)
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Goshi wrote: »
    Damm, I forgot to attach a shot of the "mesh(es)" :(
    Nooooo, please say that this do not disqualify my entry ....

I was too tired (instantly fall asleep after submitting at 1:00 this morning) , had only "3 screenshots + textures" in mind. Somehow I was thinking, the mesh-shot will be kind of optional :/

The Thread is locked and I guess editing won´t do.

Not that I had any chance of winning some stuff, but I really want to make a valid entry, that will be looked at by the jury.

Ironically, I posted a link to the WIP Thread - but no mesh

Contact the Algorithmic folks and see if you can update your entry post with the proper images.
  • FTEntertainmentRiley
    where are the winners being announced?
  • m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    where are the winners being announced?

Front page of polycount, click on news. Also polycount and allegorithmic twitter and facebook pages have the winner announcements.
  • Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    I think I read somewhere that top 20 was going to be featured somewhere. Are those 10 entries still waiting to be announced, or was this never the plan to begin with?
  • Goshi
    Offline / Send Message
    Goshi polycounter lvl 5
    Spoon wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that top 20 was going to be featured somewhere. Are those 10 entries still waiting to be announced, or was this never the plan to begin with?

this... I also wonder, if 11th-20th place will be announced somewhere?
  • kimmokaunela
    Offline / Send Message
    kimmokaunela ngon master
    http://www.polycount.com/the-throne-room-challenge/ It was mentioned here but I don´t know if it´s valid information?
  • Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    Also, is there any chance of the judges writing just a single line of text for each winner? Would be nice to know why a specific piece was chosen :)
    In my personal taste, for example, there are 2 pieces that i don't understand made it to top 10, and 2 pieces I definitely thought would be top 10, but didn't make it (not my own, in case someone wonders).
    I would really like to understand the choices, so I can try to incorporate more of that into my future work as well.
    It's something we seem to be a few guys who would value, but I also understand it is extra work for the judges, so I see why this might not be possible. Just wanted to ask if it was considered :)
  • Goshi
    Offline / Send Message
    Goshi polycounter lvl 5
    Quote:

"In addition to the prizes, the 20 first entries will be featured and relayed by Allegorithmic on social media and on our newsletter."

So does that mean Places 11-20 will be featured - or just the first 20 entries?
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    11 to 20 will be featured yes. We reached out to the judges to get more details about their choices.
  • Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    Yay! Fisherman's Kingdom and Deus Praetorium really deserves to be mentioned, I feel :)
    Looking forward to seeing the top 20 :)
  • Goshi
    Offline / Send Message
    Goshi polycounter lvl 5
  • m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Don't forget Immortal Tower, Gods Return, Kublai Khan, Stylized Throne Room, Mandate from Heaven, Colosseum Palace, Kingdom Came, Forsaken Jungle Throne (My Own ;) ), plenty of good stuff that should be mentioned.
  • Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, there are plenty of good ones :) The 2 I mentioned are just the ones I felt should have been top 10, since there are 2 in the top 10 that I strongly disagree with :) So I am glad they now have a chance to be mentioned :)
  • kimmokaunela
    Offline / Send Message
    kimmokaunela ngon master
    Immortal Tower and Deus Praetorium are the ones that I think should be in the top 10 for sure. I hope they will be in top 20 and get some reward! Of course I agree with m4dcow with all of those throne rooms. Over 100 entires are a lot to choose from. Can´t wait the top 20!
  • lucas3311
    Offline / Send Message
    lucas3311 polycounter lvl 7
    When is the top 20 coming out? So excited!!!
  • TheoClarke
    Offline / Send Message
    TheoClarke polycounter lvl 7
    I understand it as meaning that the first 20 people to submit their entries would have their work featured. Is that not correct?
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    The entries that ranked 11 to 20 will be featured :) We just have so much stuff on our plate right now, but they will be featured in the coming weeks.
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    The contestants who ranked 11th to 20th are now featured on our Facebook page!
  • jsargent
    Offline / Send Message
    jsargent polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for posting these. Is there a way to see the actual order of the places? Also can the entrants names and competition titles be added to the images the same as 1st - 10th on the fb and substance pages so that people know who's art it is please? :)
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Yes, sorry for that, names and ranking have been added.
  • jsargent
    Offline / Send Message
    jsargent polycounter lvl 5
    Awesome thanks! :)