TeriyakiStyle wrote: »
Some people still think pinterest is for Cake Decorating or whatever. But it's pretty insane for ref and tutorials. Get in there!
EarthQuake wrote: »
^^ What Andy said.
Eric Chadwick wrote: »
Would you be interested in adding these to our wiki? Some of these we have already, many we don't. Let me know, we can set you up with an account.http://wiki.polycount.net/HowToContribute
Niuva wrote: »
Update Log:Update 2.
July 11th 2014
I've been granted editorial access to the Polycount Wiki, so I'll be spending my weekend organizing stuff there.
Added the following to their corresponding Pinterest folders.
- Added: Head Detail and Polypainting (21 Video Playlist)
- Added: How to make 2D Game Tilesets
- Added: Zbrush Tutorial: Decorations with slice brushes
- Added: Postapocalyptic Character
- Added: Zbrush for Low-Poly Texturing Part 01 | Part 02
- Added: Handplane baking tutorial
- Added: Zbrush - Create Quick Beat Up Edges and Cracks
- Added: ZBrush Tileable Textures 2.5D Workflow Part 01 | Part 02
- Added: Hard Surface Modelling in ZBrush 4R6 Part 01 | Part 02 | Part 03 | Part 04 | Part 05
- Added: Creating Custom Brushes in ZBRush 4R6
- Added: Custom UI in ZBrush 4R6
- Added: Insert Mesh Curve Brushes in ZBrush 4R6
- Added: Pixel Art Tutorial - Basics
- Added: PIXEL ART - Rocks
- Added: PIXEL ART - Tree
- Added: PIXEL ART - Horse Animation
- Added: Basic Video Game Character Hair Creation
- Added: Overlay details in normal map in Photoshop CORRECTLY
- Added: Rigging legs in Maya
- Added: Animations using Maya and Unreal Engine 4
- Added: Zbrush Wood Sculpt
- Added: Creating a muzzle with Zbrush
- Added: Toolbag 2 | Shader Setup for Characters
- Added: Toolbag 2 and Eyes
Thanks for putting everything together!
I got Pintrest like a few days ago.
Now my board is full of references, tutorials, videos and tips and inspiration.
It's the most powerful tool in my arsenal for guidance as a whole for an artist.
Oh, and to Niuva...
A god among guidance.
Not sure if there's any point now
Bookmarked, saved, printed out, eaten, enjoyed. Wonderful, you're amazing thank you!
People need to stop hacking their normals apart.
edit: Here's mine.
I'll pop you a pm.
I'll try to come up with something and start shoveling these in the Polycount Wiki tomorrow, okay?
Thank you a lot
This trade is majestic :poly142:
Brilliant collection right here
To be honest, I thought this thread would just get lost in the midst of other great threads - never expected people to actually care. :P
There's still a lot of work to do. Couple of dead links here and there, have yet to organize all of this to into Polycount wiki, some more tutorials to sort trough and the first page needs a slight cleanup - just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Was thinking - I should probably get rid of the massive image dump I did, since all of them can be found here and should use the posts I've made, for listing other peoples contributions perhaps, or something..
I'm all ears when it comes to ideas; the first page is a mess.