Home General Discussion

MEN IN THE GAMES INDUSTRY - Creepy tumblr page with people you may know!

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Do you have a point Bridget? Cause so far you have had nothing to bring to the conversation other than "they don't understand or live on the same wavelength", spongebob memes, and a child like mentality.

You have (looking over your history) not posted anything of substance as far as I can tell and are basically in here to act like a bitch for the sake of, well acting like a bitch. You come in here and make fun of people with the whole fedora nonsense, calling everyone neckbeards when you in fact probably are just mad because no one is posting pics of you because you assumedly look like you could in fact hold the gates open at Mordor for a career.

(in case you didn't get that. I am saying you probably look like a cave troll)
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To be fair, nobody spread anything. They PM'd her a heads up. She chose to post it into the thread.
  • Bridget
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    but internet detective is fun!

Ill give those guys a hit.
    Bridget, is a pseudonym, you see my avatar? it's from a comic called My Cage, where one of the protagonists is name Bridget.

have fun, Warren, Zero.
  • Bridget
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WarrenM wrote: »
    To be fair, nobody spread anything. They PM'd her a heads up. She chose to post it into the thread.

I chose to post it because that shit was hilarious, how butthurt you guys are over people not accepting your seemingly misogynistic opinion and dismissing you as a neckbeard, which by the way I'm not the only one.

even if all the information was wrong, that shit is unacceptable.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Bridget wrote: »

Bridget, is a pseudonym, you see my avatar? it's from a comic called My Cage, where one of the protagonists is name Bridget.

have fun, Warren, Zero.
    To be fair it wasn't me or warren, but please continue your conspiracy, Mods can check my PMs and vindicate me if they choose to.

I legitimately have no care for who you really are, and personally respect privacy as should be evident by my PM.
  • daisyrawks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

(in case you didn't get that. I am saying you probably look like a cave troll)

Speaking of exemplifying the problem: female poster behaves in a way Jesse doesn't like so he goes for the "hurr durr I bet ur ugly LOLOLOL" angle.

ETA: Granted, Bridget has been doing the "neckbeard" thing, which I loathe, but still. If you're going to call someone childish and then a few sentences later, go "haha cave troll"...well. Suffice it to say my irony meter is pinging.
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    He PM'd her a heads up saying "a fellow polycounter sent it to them", taking that at face value and not some bullshit they made up to make them not seem like an obsessive creep it would suggest that someone is sending people this stuff.

And if the information isn't correct then its all that much worse imo because innocent people others are going to be associated with Bridgets trolling

Frankly can anyone make any argument as to why this thread SHOULD be allowed to continue? This is probably the least productive discussion polycount has ever had on gender issues which is saying a lot and at this point it is just a trolling ground
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

have fun, Warren, Zero.
    overly-attached-girlfriend.jpg
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I chose to post it because that shit was hilarious, how butthurt you guys are over people not accepting your seemingly misogynistic opinion and dismissing you as a neckbeard, which by the way I'm not the only one.

even if all the information was wrong, that shit is unacceptable.

No one is butthurt and while I can speak only for my self, nothing I have said is misogynistic in any way. I don't think blogs dedicated to objectify women are right. As a father or a daughter and a husband (with a wife that works in games) I know all too well how women are treated. So you with all of your own assumptions have not helped your own cause or whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.

I was simply saying from the start that just because it has happened to women, doing it to men doesn't make it any less wrong or right. An eye for an eye? So that is how we are going to progress and move forward?

Again, everyone that has tried to counter what I have said here has missed the point. I am not blind to what women have gone through. I am not saying it isn't fucked up. I was simply saying from the start that simply, two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Bridget
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To be fair it wasn't me or warren, but please continue your conspiracy, Mods can check my PMs and vindicate me if they choose to.

I legitimately have no care for who you really are, and personally respect privacy as should be evident by my PM.

You played your role and the biggest one since you're the one arguing with me.
    and you've had your chance at vindication when I asked in how many women's rights and human rights activities have you passionately participated just as you have here.
    you dismissed it and only proves further where your alliances lie. you're nothing more than a misogynistic bully and that PM is further indication of it.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daisyrawks wrote: »
    Suffice it to say my irony meter is pinging.

and that was the point.

I don't care what she looks like. It doesn't matter to me. The post was meant to be ironic and stupid as everything that she has posted has been in the same wavelength.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    He PM'd her a heads up saying "a fellow polycounter sent it to them", taking that at face value and not some bullshit they made up to make them not seem like an obsessive creep it would suggest that someone is sending people this stuff.

And if the information isn't correct then its all that much worse imo because innocent people others are going to be associated with Bridgets trolling

Frankly can anyone make any argument as to why this thread SHOULD be allowed to continue? This is probably the least productive discussion polycount has ever had on gender issues which is saying a lot and at this point it is just a trolling ground

I rather agree with you man, but like ive said mods can vindicate me

<snip - links to random person>

but i'm not just gonna leak that dudes name or it would be a double standard.

If I was trying to be creepy and thought it was her id just post it in this thread, I wouldn't tell her to secure her info, but if people want to make me out to be some sort of psychotic they are welcome to.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really guys? This is why we can't post nice things.

Chill out or we'll just close the thread.
  • daisyrawks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and that was the point.

I don't care what she looks like. It doesn't matter to me. The post was meant to be ironic and stupid as everything that she has posted has been in the same wavelength.

All you did was exemplify why satire is such an incredibly difficult style to pull off. When what you say looks exactly like things said by the person you're satirizing, you've failed at satire. The idea is to take it farther, to the point that it illuminates the ridiculousness of the person you're mocking. You just made yourself look equally ridiculous.
  • Bridget
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I rather agree with you man, but like ive said mods can vindicate me

<snip>

but i'm not just gonna leak that dudes name or it would be a double standard.

If I was trying to be creepy and thought it was her id just post it in this thread, I wouldn't tell her to secure her info, but if people want to make me out to be some sort of psychotic they are welcome to.

the things you said were threatening, you acted smug as if you had a pull on me. he didn't write that, he gave you the links but you did the rest, the worse part imo. :\
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Really guys? This is why we can't post nice things.

Chill out or we'll just close the thread.

If you're not going to close it can you at least delete the links to that persons Facebook?

Or at least clarify what polycounts policy is on trying to dox people? Because this seems messed up
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How the fuck is equality and equal rights and objectification of others "nothing important"? Fuck man. Some of the comments in this thread just go straight up my spine.
    I get Bridget is being an immature douche nozzle but you don't need to project that ire onto me. I posted before I made it all the way through the thread and that one phrase "bald faced lie" struck me as funny. When I saw that Bridget was trying to minimize the impact of something like this, I dropped the "about nothing important" from my post.

I do feel it is important, I agree that equality doesn't mean getting to do the same thing to the other sex, swapping one objectification for the other isn't equality. But if it opens up some peoples eyes and imparts some empathy where none was previously, then its a good thing. There are a lot of people in the industry who wouldn't think twice about scrolling through "hot chicks of the industry" pics but then get all freaked out when "hot guy" pics start getting posted. If it causes those people to question what they accept as "normal" and think of as "equal" then yea it might have moved the needle in the right direction.

Also...
    Gav wrote:
    I'm on there, I think it's hilarious - whether it's ironic objectification of men, or genuine. I just find it funny. My only regret is that the pic on there doesn't have my latest tattoo

And, yeah, you need to give permission / submit them yourself / they do take pics down if you ask. Someone had submitted mine, I got asked for permission.
    So at least they are being good about taking down pics when asked, it would be nice if they only posted submissions after obtaining permission but for all I know (jack and crap) they are doing that.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get Bridget is being an immature douche nozzle but you don't need to project that ire onto me. I posted before I made it all the way through the thread and that one phrase struck me as funny. When I saw that Bridget was trying to minimize the impact of something like this, I dropped the "about nothing important" from my post.
    I didn't see that. Sorry for snapping at you. She was just pushing my buttons.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the things you said were threatening, you acted smug as if you had a pull on me. he didn't write that, he gave you the links but you did the rest, the worse part imo. :\

actually nothing he said was threatening. I will go off on my whole point now because that train is so far derailed it isn't funny.

He was trying to tell you that staying anonymous is fine and dandy. Many posters on here do as it is their right. He was just saying that if you act like a complete jerk to people chances are those same people who work in this industry all talk and know one another and at some point in time you may need to rely on them for a reference, job, or judge of character.

So he was trying to do you a favor before you publicly end your career before it even gets started or wherever it is at this point. In no way was his message to you smug or seem as if he had a pull on you.

Please do not take the role of the victim.
  • Bridget
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    actually nothing he said was threatening. I will go off on my whole point now because that train is so far derailed it isn't funny.

He was trying to tell you that staying anonymous is fine and dandy. Many posters on here do as it is their right. He was just saying that if you act like a complete jerk to people chances are those same people who work in this industry all talk and know one another and at some point in time you may need to rely on them for a reference, job, or judge of character.

So he was trying to do you a favor before you publicly end your career before it even gets started or wherever it is at this point. In no way was his message to you smug or seem as if he had a pull on you.

Please do not take the role of the victim.

Oh my hero! :poly135:
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you're not going to close it can you at least delete the links to that persons Facebook?

Or at least clarify what polycounts policy is on trying to dox people? Because this seems messed up

Yes, links have been cut.

To clarify, anyone attempting to "hunt down" someone, ANY of our members and post their information publicly without their permission will be dealt with. Polycount is not 4chan, creepy stalker shit will not be tolerated here. Disagreeing with someone on the internet is not grounds for a background investigation.

Bridget: If you get any more pms like this, please contact a mod first, and do not post links to unsuspecting randoms publicly.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh my hero! :poly135:

nevermind you are never going to get it. good luck with life.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Oh im being smug now, awesome, I am a smug, neckbearded, threatening bigot! for saying all people should be treated equal and you should be careful with personal information.

What a evil man I am!

in all honesty I was trying to keep it light hearted with that PM as I doubt it would be received well regardless of what I wrote being smug or threatening was not my intention at all and I sincerely apologize if thats how you felt but it was not my intention.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Look you fuckers, I come back 7 pages later and there is STILL NO TOR FRICK IN THIS THREAD GET A MOVE ON.

MODS PLEASE!!
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Q:How do you get a 7 page thread filled with hysteria

A:Post some pics of hairy men

This is classic guys :D!!

1391464554418.gif

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=9RbGk6DVzlxcDM&tbnid=hxRSEXulv0wQ7M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.americarisingpac.org%2Fdemocrats-longer-think-individual-mandate-repealed%2F&ei=UdJnU634J8aHOKf9gagJ&bvm=bv.65788261,d.ZWU&psig=AFQjCNG93RPMFFDDJu8WxusdU0vwx3OFPw&ust=1399399313857217
  • equil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i posted a shirtless picture of a male dev on pc once. that makes me better than all you heteronormative post-colonial misogynists.
  • Bridget
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Yes, links have been cut. To clarify, anyone attempting to "hunt down" someone, ANY of our members and post their information publicly without their permission will be dealt with. Polycount is not 4chan, creepy stalker shit will not be tolerated here.

Bridget: If you get any more pms like this, please contact a mod first, and do not post links to unsuspecting randoms publicly.

Ok, I will, thank you.
    nevermind you are never going to get it. good luck with life.

Thanks!
    Oh im being smug now, awesome, I am a smug, neckbearded, threatening bigot! for saying all people should be treated equal and you should be careful with personal information.

What a evil man I am!

in all honesty I was trying to keep it light hearted with that PM as I doubt it would be received well regardless of what I wrote being smug or threatening was not my intention at all and I sincerely apologize if thats how you felt but it was not my intention.

Just so you know, I dont hold grudges.
    I interpret it as such because you didn't really need to forward those links to me, that was information provided to you in trust? by your friend so why are you throwing your friend under the bus? there was an intention behind it, good or bad is in the eyes of the beholder but can you see why with all the attacks it might've been taken the way I did?
    I still don't believe you but I wont hold it against you because this little issue is no reason to judge someone's complete character.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Nobody ever sends me PMs :(

*awaits inbox full of dick pics*

On a more serious note, this escalated faster than when marty howe came to polycount!
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, I will, thank you.

Thanks!

Just so you know, I dont hold grudges.
    I interpret it as such because you didn't really need to forward those links to me, that was information provided to you in trust? by your friend so why are you throwing your friend under the bus? there was an intention behind it, good or bad is in the eyes of the beholder but can you see why with all the attacks it might've been taken the way I did?
    I still don't believe you but I wont hold it against you because this little issue is no reason to judge someone's complete character.
    I understand entirely I think many people would not be happy to receive such a PM, especially when people find themselves differing, but I felt it was fundamentally important incase it was you to know this information was being sent around to who knows what where and for what purpose, in hindsight I should've sent it to a moderator, the guy was not my "friend" it was the first message I had received from him.

to find out your right to privacy has been violated or someone has attempted to violate it is not pleasing for anyone to hear so I can completely understand where you are coming from.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    Jesse Cox? Since when is some Youtube fucker part of the game industry?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro wrote: »
    On a more serious note, this escalated faster than when marty howe came to polycount!
    The "Marty Howe" that started on right wing next to his father (center) and brother (left wing) when Hartford played at Detroit on March 12, 1980. It was the only time in NHL history that a father and two sons played on the same line. That Marty Howe stopped by the big green space station? I guess there is life after Hockey and apparently that involves trolling polycount...
  • Bridget
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand entirely I think many people would not be happy to receive such a PM, especially when people find themselves differing, but I felt it was fundamentally important incase it was you to know this information was being sent around to who knows what where and for what purpose, in hindsight I should've sent it to a moderator, the guy was not my "friend" it was the first message I had received from him.

to find out your right to privacy has been violated or someone has attempted to violate it is not pleasing for anyone to hear so I can completely understand where you are coming from.

Ok thank you that clears things up more.
    it always seems like the opposing side of the argument is the enemy and that skewed my perception.
    I also apologise for not taking your side of the argument seriously. mostly because I actually have no time to sit down and write down paragraphs upon paragraphs of my opinions so I stick to short posts and lulz.

I should be working right now, and yes I already have a career, but thanks for the heads up about that creep. rest assured they're never going to find me ;)
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Ya know, I went into this thread when it first was posted, had a laugh, moved on. Saw it this afternoon and thought, "There's no possible way that this has gone to 8 pages without an argument or some sort of drama breaking out." Way to not disappoint Polycount :D
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    The "Marty Howe" that started on right wing next to his father (center) and brother (left wing) when Hartford played at Detroit on March 12, 1980. It was the only time in NHL history that a father and two sons played on the same line. That Marty Howe stopped by the big green space station? I guess there is life after Hokey and apparently that involves trolling polycount...
    Unfortunately I don't know anything about hockey, I do remember this thread though!

Ahhhh good times.

EDIT: Thanks for the dick pic Excessive.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't know anything about hockey, I do remember this thread though!

Ahhhh good times.

EDIT: Thanks for the dick pic Excessive.

Had to deliver! hahaha
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Jeeez. Friday night this was light-hearted and fun, Monday afternoon I duno what happened :(

On another note though, some of you guys are ripped. Super impressive to work at a studio, work on self projects, and go the gym, damn. :thumbup:
  • Bridget
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it's not hard when you do T25 :P if you have an hour do p90x.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Ain't nobody gonna get LoneWolf's physique on p90x
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Shiniku wrote: »
    Ain't nobody gonna get LoneWolf's physique on p90x

Lmao that is an awesome end to this thread
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Marine wrote: »
    Jesse Cox? Since when is some Youtube fucker part of the game industry?

There's a lot of video game "journalists" on there. TotalBiscuit, Jim Sterling, Adam Sessler, etc.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Man, bunch of stud artists and devs over there, crazy banter and furries in this thread here.

I miss Belias :(
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Shoo! All of you, back to your desks, heads down. You have work to do!
This discussion has been closed.