Options
    Offline / Send Message
    confracto polycounter lvl 11
  • Ewok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vanguard of Cthulhu legion by Ewok

2c5f06f0d775.jpg

My first item is ready. I hope you like it)

007fccd252ca.gif
  • Primrose~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Primrose~ triangle
    L'viaethaun, the Tide God by Primrose!~

DBEAC665CC29246E0C071FF104697ECADF5A2643

Damn! Guess I'm a bit late to the draw, here's hoping I at least get honorable mentions for at least submittin' something!

8vSw9.png
  • OriginalBigDan
    That Slardar spin needs a "FABULOUS!" at the end! Really great shield though, would live to pick that up as a standalone item.

I'm also loving that tideface too, could the tendrils be longer? You need a good 'drip' effect on it too.
  • brianchenito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brianchenito polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Primrose, you might want to set up your formatting in the way the guidelines say to, I think your font/ image is too large, and you need the "By Primsrose" hyperlink
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    So everyone that was having problems with the compiler managed to submit??
    Primrose~ wrote: »
    L'viaethaun, the Tide God

DBEAC665CC29246E0C071FF104697ECADF5A2643

Damn! Guess I'm a bit late to the draw, here's hoping I at least get honorable mentions for at least submittin' something!

8vSw9.png

Since we had that bug with the compiler i think you can be part of it, unless the other guys think that is not fair

and use the coding convention on the first post for that =]
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guys, im going to create the new contest later tonight, but if anyone wants to start there is no need to wait.

The theme will be sets or single items for the heroes that entered on the workshop requirement page on the last patch

Initially the thophy will be just for sets, but single items are still alowed

Also based items on the new heroes like wards and couriers are also allowed
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Will wards/couriers be eligible for the trophy?
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Guess I'm a stickler, but the front page has certain requirements that never seem to be enforced.

Posting Progress, giving crits, etc...
  • two_larsens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    two_larsens polycounter lvl 6
    I guess I am too. It might be simpler not having those guidelines if they aren't in force. I don't mean it in a crappy way. A couple of times ago, all sorts of items were submitted that had already been on the Workshop for a while, and that was a little odd, since if so, then this would instead of being a 'learning and getting your feet wet' competition for those willing, to an almost secondary Workshop.

H
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog wrote: »
    Guess I'm a stickler, but the front page has certain requirements that never seem to be enforced.

Posting Progress, giving crits, etc...
    I guess I am too. It might be simpler not having those guidelines if they aren't in force. I don't mean it in a crappy way. A couple of times ago, all sorts of items were submitted that had already been on the Workshop for a while, and that was a little odd, since if so, then this would instead of being a 'learning and getting your feet wet' competition for those willing, to an almost secondary Workshop.

H

guys, i cannot check all those things alone, so please help me if you see such things like that

but for example, on the last month we got 2 entries disqualified, one was supposed to win the contest and win the trophy

i think that is a good enforcing factor, but i cannot check every single item, it already take me hours to add all the items, check links, get the right image size because half of the entries are wrong, find judges... I am doing all of this because i like to help, I am not receiving any money for that, in fact im losing because im wasting work time on those contests.
    Im expending my time on a contest that i cannot win the prize because would no be fair, so at least help me pointing when things like that happen
    Will wards/couriers be eligible for the trophy?

I dont see any problems for that, but i would like to hear what the other guys have to add to this
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand Tvidotto,
    I'm not trying to complicate it for you. And you have to do what you feel is best for Polycount promoting and all that.

I looked back through and the only two that stand out to me as outside the rules are: (I guess this doesn't fit the fixes you already made for images sizes and whatnot...but the rules were simple)

brianchenito - made a ward... but that wasn't part of the contest. Otherwise maybe more people would have done that.
    Also, did post some 3d screens and lod shot right at the end of month. But that's not giving/receiving crits or posting progress imo.
    Typically progress would be concept/block out, work, fixes, textures...final.

Primrose - which is maybe even my favorite item. But NO progress shots, as far as I could tell no crits, etc.. Just a final submission at end of month.

Back in high school we had a teacher that gave out a surprise test. The instructions were a good solid paragraph and the last sentence said, turn test over and draw, write, act like you are doing it, if you take the test you fail.

Everyone that spent the entire class taking the test failed because they didn't read instructions.

Not trying to be a contest nazi , it just seems like you put all the time in to setting up the contest and making the post and all. Everyone had a chance to put input into what the contest would be about. They had a whole month to read a paragraph and work off of that.
    So not reading your instructions...

up to you, I don't really care.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    we dont need to be nazi on those contest specially because they are made for helping people getting some motivation and learning for the workshop

but we need to follow the rules to keep it fair to anyone. i think you are totally right Baddcog and those entries will be not eligible to run for the thophy

but i think at least i should mention then in the end just to get them some "advertisement"
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woah! that was the first month with all the images on the correct size! =]

guys, i added everyone on the first post, let me know if im missing someone or if any of the entries broke any rule

Cheers!
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any word on voting?
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Baddcog wrote: »
    Any word on voting?

Can you give it a rest please? Let the man do his work without someone breathing down his neck...
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 wrote: »
    Can you give it a rest please? Let the man do his work without someone breathing down his neck...

Dude, what is your problem?

Nobody has posted in this thread for like 2 weeks.

I asked a simple question. I wasn't heated, impatient or anything.

Why don't you chill on being the forum police.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 wrote: »

thanks for worrying for me man =]

Baddcog and everyone else, sorry for the delay

the judges this month were really busy and i dont like to force people to rush since they are doing us a favor.

but now i got all the votes and im posting the result on the next post to keep it clean
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone! here is our final result from the month

Judges
    Stephanie "Anuxi" Everett - our workshop queen and one of the creators of this competitions, previouslly at Trion
    Manny "Sith Happens" Lammas - from Live Workshop and previously at Lucas Arts
    Adam Bromell form Polycount and Ubisoft

and the Winners for this month are:

Winners

1st Place - Conch Crown of Crey by Baddcog aka Voodoo

Baddcog_Conch_polycount_icon.jpg

2nd Place - Whaley, the evil conscience by TVidotto

200x200.resizedimage

3rd Place and 4th Place - Hardened Helm of the Guardian by cowmaster_cowmaster

Image004.jpg

The Salty Slicer by Skeleton Jelly (Yatra)

200x200.resizedimage

5th Place - Dark Rupture by Andyk125

4dU1kOt.jpg

----

Congrats everyone that won and entered the contest, the main idea of the contest is to help improve our skills and i hope everyone won on that subject

Greentooth Trophy

And as promised we are going to get a Greentooth trophy for the winner! Congrats Baddcog !

I will need your address later for the shipping

pc_gttroph.jpg
  • Sumers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sumers polycounter lvl 10
    hm, i actually like vanguard most of all
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WUT?

Wow, don't know what to say. I thought there were at least 3 others that had it wrapped up.

All entries were cool, hope they all get in game.

Thanks for all the hard work Tvidotto. And thanks to the judges for their time.

:D
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Congrats Baddcog, you deserve it!
    Your entry was quitte original..

I hoped to do a little bit better, but at least I'm consistent :p