Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel SUITE - News

Replies

• blade2019runner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blade2019runner polycounter lvl 7
    Quixel tools are not perfect now, but it definitely gonna be a future start tool.:)
    BehWs.jpg
    M2iDa.jpg
    6k1hx.jpg
    P1JJ0.jpg
    1Fc4a.jpg
    u6isu.jpg
    hVANZ.jpg
    F4kqn.jpg
    l3qU1.jpg
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7sdI7yxYms[/ame]
  • palima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Guys,

Which is the right workflow with Cinema 4d???
    1- highpoly modeling
    2- retopology for lowpoly model
    3- xnormal exporting ---> tangent and object normal maps + ambient occlusion map
    4- ??? color map I'm still trying to figure out how with cinema 4d ???

You are the best guys thanks :-)
  • vertigo__
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertigo__ polycounter lvl 11
    Meloncov wrote: »
    It's not perfect, but if you invert the gloss map you get a pretty good roughness map.

Is that right?? Thats exactly the kind of tip I'm looking for. Cheers.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else have issues with Presets not working properly?

I setup a custom preset, and when I go to apply it to a new document at the beginning, it has errors with Layer Styles, so only half my stuff shows up.

I also have the same errors when trying to use Smart Materials.

I'm running version 1.0, as 1.1 crashes instantly/has other issues. This is in CS6 64bit.

Thanks!
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    grfxman polycounter lvl 6
    Any ETA on the next release???
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Matt what version of windows are you running and where is the suite and project saved?

@Grfxman We are working on the releases don't worry when it is done it will be here right away.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After spending a day and a half, I got it figured out.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with tabbed view vs. floating windows. I normally work with floating documents, but I saw on another guys PC, that he was using tabs, and his stuff was working fine. After I switch my layout to that, it works....
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    im also getting this error since the update:
    quixelerror1.png
    quixelerror2.png
    happens when i try to make a new project, have tried with different meshes and maps nothing changed.

Also ndo doesn't start, i click on its button and the suite crashes.
    have uninstalled, cleaned and installed again but it still crashes.

photoshop cs6, 64bit, windows 7. just in case it helps.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First bit of oddness I have noticed is that sometimes I will shift click to add a material and it will generate a mask but not apply the material. This happened with the leather material a couple of times. Using windows 7 pro and Adobe CC. Home PC : Samsung Series 7 Slate XE700T1A

Quixel Installed in Default Location.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you guys start posting where your suite is installed and if it is a home or work pc too this will help us nail down so more issues.

@Borx can you go into the SUITE folder and right click each exe and set to run as admin and see if that helps?
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Where can I find "Texel Density" and "Work Resolution" After a project has been created?
    The docs imply it's adjustable but I cant find a window to change it after a project has been made.

Also I've noticed that if 3DO has physical based rendering turned on, the highlights are Blown Out, even on things like cloth and rubber.
    Using windows 7 pro and Adobe CC. Home PC : Samsung Series 7 Slate XE700T1A

Quixel Installed in Default Location.

Thanks.
  • mmxnick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    how do you get around the seam issue where edges meet and they dont match like on cylinders or spheres?
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @grfxman Reimport inputs option allows you to adjust these settings again.
    The highlights and such are not from the materials something seems to be broken with your install. This is not working as intended obviously here. When you downloaded the patch did you install it on top of your old 1.0 or in a separate folder? It sounds like your install is missing materials causing it to mess up. Could you re download 1.0 and install it to a spare harddrive or even maybe the C root? Then apply the patch and copy it over the existing install? Tell me if this solves your issue?

@mmxnick There is no special way to get around seams those seams exist because that is how you unwrapped it. We are working on some things though however to help you paint/project the areas where the seam shows to attempt to eliminate it. Sorry for the issues it is causing you. Some ways to avoid it is to make a smaller scale of the materials or larger however you seams needs are.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also guys can you move these type of questions over to support it allows for us to really focus in on what needs fixed and addressed. Having issues in multiple threads makes it harder on us to keep up. Thanks for the feedback and support though!
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @grfxman Reimport inputs option allows you to adjust these settings again.
    The highlights and such are not from the materials something seems to be broken with your install. This is not working as intended obviously here. When you downloaded the patch did you install it on top of your old 1.0 or in a separate folder? It sounds like your install is missing materials causing it to mess up. Could you re download 1.0 and install it to a spare harddrive or even maybe the C root? Then apply the patch and copy it over the existing install? Tell me if this solves your issue?

I installed it over 1.0 in the default location as a patch. Also Photoshop cc 64 is installed in the default location. To me if I reduce the gloss setting it seems proper then.

Noob Question : Does changing settings in 3DO actually causes changes in the maps or is it simply a viewer?? I will try a reinstall when I get to a location with a better signal.

Lastly the biggest bug that has haunted me is that it keeps asking where the Photoshop.exe is every time I start quixel.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Grfxman Try going into the install location and setting the tools to run as admin and see if the run exe goes away. 3DO is just a viewer and effects the textures none so what you have in 3do is just engine side. You will need to adjust the texture in photoshop if you want it tweaked.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Grfxman Try going into the install location and setting the tools to run as admin and see if the run exe goes away. 3DO is just a viewer and effects the textures none so what you have in 3do is just engine side. You will need to adjust the texture in photoshop if you want it tweaked.

Set the properties to Run as Admin on all .exe files. It's still doing it. I had to make my own desktop icon on install and I set that to Admin as well.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok I did a complete reload and followed all suggestions, including installing at the C;/Quixel location. It still is showing blown out highlight on 3DO and it still ask me where Photoshop is everytime.
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another odd error I downloaded the 1.1 from the Quixel site and it was the full program without the patch. I installed it to the root of the drive C:/ . Now the C Shift click for materials doesn't work at all.
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    final_fight polycounter lvl 9
    I've loaded sample project but nothing appears in the material manager:
    Clipboard.png
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is Photoshop CC 14.2.1 supported?
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @grfxman I will get back to the drawing board then, we have a new build coming withing the next week we hope that might fix the issue.

@finalfight try turning off the floating windows and turning on tabed psd's and see if that fixes it. We are working on making sure it is supported but we admit Adobe through us a bit of a curveball with that one.
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turning on tabbed windows doesn't help:
    Clipboard.png
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Final_fight can you go into the quixel folder and set all of the exe's to run as admin then do not start photoshop by itself launch it with the quixel suite icon. Once doing this go into the drop down panel and set the photoshop version and exe that you want to use and let me know if this helps. What version is this btw and what os\ installed drive.
  • final_fight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's Photoshop CC 14.2.1 x64 on Windows 7 SP1. All is installed on C system drive.

Setting 3DO.exe, DDO.exe, NDO.exe and SUITE.exe to run as admin didn't change anything.
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    hi, i had the problem of the history, it seems to be solved now, i did the following:
    -set all exes to run as admin
    -make a new shorcut for "SUITE.exe"

one thing i notices is that the original shotcut that the installed made was:

shorcut to: C\Users\Borja\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release\SUITE.exe
    run in: C\Users\Borja\Quixel\SUITE\x64\3DO

while the new one i made is:
    C\Users\Borja\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release\SUITE.exe
    C\Users\Borja\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release

don't know if thats what fixed it or setting everything as admin, should i put it like it was originally??

Also ndo still doesnt work for me, launching from the suite causes the suite to close without crashing or anything, launching it directly from the exe causes it to crash with "it stopped responding" message (or whatever it says in english)

Win 7 64 bit and photoshop cs6

edit: tested again, with the same mesh, normal map, etc and it didn't work, don't know what makes it work once and then it doesn't, weird. tested loading only the normal map and still the same.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys please post bugs in the support forum not the news forum. This is for news from us and comments on that news.

@Borx
    @Final_Fight can you move your posts over to that section and we will do our best to get to it asap. Thanks for the detailed replies we currently are trying to see if it helps us repro your issues.
  • palima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Guys, I'm still trying to figure out the right workflow with Cinema 4d. Please help me :-) I would like to put new quixel suite in my working stuff...
  • slymod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Before now, I could not texture but with Ddo I feel like a pro. Only if textures will look great in unity has they do in 3DO, only then will I be completely happy with DDO. Again, DDO uses too much ram. I run it on a laptop with asgig of ram, rendering at 4K takes years to complete in DDo. Guys at Quixel should please make ddo PSDs small make it a standalone cos photoshop takes close to 2gigs of ram already!. I see mare artist using DDo if my two complains are addressed.
  • SpaceJunkee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slymod wrote: »
    Before now, I could not texture but with Ddo I feel like a pro. Only if textures will look great in unity has they do in 3DO, only then will I be completely happy with DDO. Again, DDO uses too much ram. I run it on a laptop with asgig of ram, rendering at 4K takes years to complete in DDo. Guys at Quixel should please make ddo PSDs small make it a standalone cos photoshop takes close to 2gigs of ram already!. I see mare artist using DDo if my two complains are addressed.
    You can lower the size to 2K, 1K, 512.. Not sure your machine is designed to handle 4K textures. Good luck. :)
  • Jantomet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I use Cinema 4D on a daily basis. As far as I am aware, there are three issues with using C4D exclusively with the Quixel Suite:
    1. C4D does not bake normal maps between different meshes only between different sculpting divisions. Workaround - use the XNormal software (free) for baking normal maps instead. Also consider the now free Handplane software for converting the baked normal maps to a more error free and target specific tangent space normal map.
    2. C4D does not write normal info to the OBJ file format. Workaround - to show correctly smoothed meshes in Quixel Suite, you need the Riptide Pro OBJ exporter plugin for C4D (-it´s not free, but worth the small price if you ask me).
    3. As C4Ds baking options are limited it can be hard to produce a ID map. I use ZBrush and XNormal for that (via vertex color baking) - but you could assign the colored ID areas to your high res mesh in C4D, give it some basic UVs (as long as they don´t overlap), bake the colors to a texture - and then use this texture as a base texture for the high res mesh in XNormal and project it to the low res mesh. This should give you an ID map.

Cheers
    palima wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I'm still trying to figure out the right workflow with Cinema 4d. Please help me :-) I would like to put new quixel suite in my working stuff...
  • palima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thankyou so much Jantomet for your workaround, I'll try this way :-) bye
  • Thousand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thousand polycounter lvl 9
    Bad news, Quixel forum is gone - without any announcement, Quixel-style, I´d say. Will the forum be reopened?

If you want to know how to NOT communicate with your clients, Quixel is a "perfect" example.
  • sulky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky polycounter lvl 7
    Thousand wrote: »
    Bad news, Quixel forum is gone - without any announcement, Quixel-style, I´d say. Will the forum be reopened?

If you want to know how to NOT communicate with your clients, Quixel is a "perfect" example.

Quixel forums seems to be fully hosted on Polycount now. If you have a issue you can try the support thread, i know the devs look it up !
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Thousand wrote: »

If you want perfect example of how not to communicate with clients have a look at Autodesk.
  • S-ed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S-ed polycounter lvl 10
    Unity3D? Splendid!
    Personally wish for more exaggerated settings.

VZ6HuBB.png
  • grfxman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually I have been trying to figure out a free Unity shader that will allow me to use Quixel for Unity Asset Store products.
  • S-ed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S-ed polycounter lvl 10
    grfxman wrote: »
    Actually I have been trying to figure out a free Unity shader that will allow me to use Quixel for Unity Asset Store products.
    Unity 5 will implement PBR with Enlighten GI. So...native Quixel textures support.

p.s.: Personally like UE4, but...When they'll add procedural terrains???
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Guys... Are you having difficulties reading?
    Guys please post bugs in the support forum not the news forum. This is for news from us and comments on that news.
  • slymod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slymod wrote: »

I meant to say I only have 4gig ram. How much ram do you guys have on yours machines. I hope to add more ram soon. For DDO not previewing proper in unity, well I got an improvement buy just using 3DO preview jpegs.
  • Thousand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thousand polycounter lvl 9
    Guys... Are you having difficulties reading?

If I was you, I´d post the link to the support forum instead of getting rude. Something like this: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135743

The Quixel forum/support/news/whatever "system" is really annoying, so nobody should be surprised about the confusion.
  • sulky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky polycounter lvl 7
    Update seems to be out loading it right now !
  • cg18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cg18 polycounter lvl 6
    Can't get the beta, only some code is shown up.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>177224E7D4361BDA</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    Az4eXz45bjxsoT4S58HtYIhslgTO8wNKuHka19TeqEis094ZjMyaktuHPAHzUFdj
    </HostId>
    </Error>
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky: Indeed it is!

FINALLY the exporter is in! This together with 14 engine calibration profiles, a beefed up cross-app mode, new smart materials, patterns and crash fixes.

Note: there is still one really tricky PS connection bug that a few of you have reported which is still unresolved -- still working really hard to track this down.

Launch the suite to grab the new update! Remember to install it in the same directory as your current install.

12.jpg

Some info on the new features:

Exporter

12_exporter.jpg

Export maps to the required format. Calibration profiles can be switched at any time. Hold CTRL to only export current map.

Calibration Profiles

12_basecreator.jpg

Calibration profiles recomputes your texture maps to fit with certain engines and renderers. If you are running DDO in Cross-App mode, maps will be recomputed in real-time based on the current calibration profile.

For all tech artists: this is a completely customizable and scriptable pipeline and you will find the current sample scripts in SUITE\script\calibration\. You can literally do anything: reconfigure maps for specific BRDFs, apply post-processing, do version control, and so on. A more comprehensive guide will be posted up on this on the wiki within the next few days.

Cross-App UI

12_crossapp.jpg

Allows you to hook up the SUITE to any running app, much like the SUITE is currently hooked up to Photoshop. If the application supports hot reloading the rendering application will pretty much act as a replacement for 3DO. Hook up Toolbag 2 and check it out! All trials are currently reset. UE4 hot-reloading plugin coming up next!

A HUGE thank you to everyone for providing such great support. Much of the feedback has been addressed in 1.2, but much remains -- plenty of more fixes and features coming up.

I'll be addressing all questions in the support thread shortly!

Thanks again,
    - Teddy
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome stuff, glad to see so many features added so frequently! Keep it up guys.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Would love to see 3DO supporting the different calibrations, to give an accurate preview. Not sure how doable that is, though.

I'm still getting 3DO displaying my normal map incorrectly, if I choose "Invert Green channel", in my import settings. It tries to read it like a Y+, when it's a Y-.

I'm loving the Suite. Using it way too much.

(Though the Suite is now crashing, if I click "Reimport Inputs")
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    when I try to reinputs maps, it disappeared :| probably a small bug....

edit : apparently, I'm not alone about that small problem....
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    New exporter is great, however it can be improved by adding ability combine few maps as channels into 1 texture file.
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    So far it seems that my PS connection issue has gone with 1.2. Awsome! Great update.
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    nice! the problem with the history seems solved, so i can finally use it :)
    but ndo still crashes without a message for me.