Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monthly Community Noob Challenge March 2014 (17)

Replies

• AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Damnnn I thought that was the concept, I wasn't actually critting your pic, but using yours as a ref;) but it looks great!
    Im picking the concept this month, been busy.
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    No doubt you've been busy dude, but tbf, creating the opening concept post would have taken just as long as the paint-over you created the other day, if not less time.

Based on how little activity this concept received, should be putting it up well in advance of the month's start.
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    i think the main reason this received less activity is the release of UE4. thats my thoughts :/
  • JustinSlick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustinSlick polycounter lvl 6
    luge wrote: »
    i think the main reason this received less activity is the release of UE4. thats my thoughts :/

That, plus now people have a choice between this and the Noob Character Challenge so it kinda makes sense that there would be lower participation than when this was the only option.

I loved looking through the concept voting thread every month though, I hope those don't disappear!
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No doubt you've been busy dude, but tbf, creating the opening concept post would have taken just as long as the paint-over you created the other day, if not less time.

Based on how little activity this concept received, should be putting it up well in advance of the month's start.

Actually, it doesn't I spend hours and hours searching for concepts to start the thread with. And many times finding concepts isn't that easy for something like this as I have seen thousands and have thousands, and a very small amount I feel are suitable for this challenge. If you want to do it for me next time feel free. No matter what I do someone isn't happy. Sorry I can't meet all your expectations but this isn't the most important thing in my life and if people didn't enjoy it I wouldn't even be doing it each month.

Anyways, new thread. I picked a concept that is always showing up.
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2038008#post2038008
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    I appreciate the concepts you gather dude. They're always good.

Still, I never would have thought that it would take hours to gather them. The thread you just made seems fine to me and you knocked it up pretty quickly.
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I appreciate the concepts you gather dude. They're always good.

Still, I never would have thought that it would take hours to gather them. The thread you just made seems fine to me and you knocked it up pretty quickly.

It does take hours, I browse through CGhub, deviant art, my personal art, and google images for a few hours looking for the best suitable concepts. It takes about a night. I am at work for one, two I knew what concept was popular. And 3 it still took me a few hours. I would appreciate it if every month you didn't say it's not good enough. It's not as if I don't talk to people before making these choices either.
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    I get it dude. My apologies.

Not trying to say it's not good enough at all. It's always good. Just a shame that it went from lengthy concept threads, to Facebook/Skype over-rulings to no concept thread at all.

I'm sure starting off the concept thread and stating a general theme would take some of that work of your back dude. No doubt people would put up relevant concepts for it along with you adding your own as it progresses.
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get it dude. My apologies.

Not trying to say it's not good enough at all. It's always good. Just a shame that it went from lengthy concept threads, to Facebook/Skype over-rulings to no concept thread at all.

I'm sure starting off the concept thread and stating a general theme would take some of that work of your back dude. No doubt people would put up relevant concepts for it along with you adding your own as it progresses.

That is a good idea which I think is worth trying.
  • mache
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mache polycounter lvl 7
    Damnnn I thought that was the concept, I wasn't actually critting your pic, but using yours as a ref;) but it looks great!
    Im picking the concept this month, been busy.

My bad!, well it helped me to take this piece further anyways ;)