Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monthly Community Noob Challenge October 2013 (12)

Replies

• MerlinTheWiz4rd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MerlinTheWiz4rd polycounter lvl 5
    So it's the end of the month and I'm not done with the project due to poor planing and... I procrastinated a whole lot. But now on the later side of the month I really started to get back into the groove again and made some progress.

Here is what I managed to complete.
    2EpLWe9.jpg
    SLHz4ts.jpg

It's not a great feeling you get when you do not complete something on time, and all these wonderful environments other people have created does not help (Amazing work everyone :thumbup:). So I really think it will help to spur me in the next (I hope there will be a new challenge next) Noob challenge.

I hope you all have a nice day.
  • JoachimC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoachimC polycounter lvl 7
    Very cool work being posted here guys! Good job! :)

Unfortunately I didn't get to finish my scene in time. I had some other high priority projects that took up most of the last few weeks. :/ However, I did learn a lot, and I guess that's what this is all about :)
  • inwar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    inwar polycounter lvl 11
    Good job this month guys. Here is mine ;)
    LiamStones_c12shot1.jpg
    LiamStones_c12shot2.jpgLiamStones_c12shot3.jpgLiamStones_c12Sign.jpgLiamStones_c12HazmatGear.jpgLiamStones_c12Lockers.jpg
  • TazN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wip03_zpsc0174b43.jpg

I'm afraid that is all I've managed this month! Gutted I couldn't get it finished in time. I was hoping to get it all done to this level at least but alas time has now run out.

However this has taught me so much this month. I've learnt about lightmapping (which has helped explain most of my lighting problems in the past!) and also how to build modular items.
    I think the main thing I've taken from this is would be improving my planning. I wasted a couple of days building things and rebuilding them as they didn't fit together in UDK properly. I will be doing the next project and building everything based on the idea of putting it into UDK (keeping to that grid!) and doing lightmap UV's as well as a texture sheet.
    I will skip December's challenge and come back to this and finish it off to a standard I'm happy with and enjoy the festive period.

I have to say I've been blown away by everyone's work. The people that have finished - well done, they all look very good. The guys that have not finished - you all seem to have learnt from this which is what matters and hopefully it will help with finishing next months...

Bring on the next challenge!
  • MonkeyFugitive
    Awesome work guys. Everyone did a great job this month. Here is where I ended up for the month. I'm going to keep working on it till the end of the weekend. I still have to complete the bench and the blood. I'm also going to keep tweaking the materials and lighting.

10604209605_90dea5ea0b_o.jpg

10604233876_03ed0fd563_o.jpg

10604209435_d563d189e9_o.jpg
  • Borgleader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borgleader polycounter lvl 6
    serriffe wrote: »
    hello folks, I think we got about 2 days left for this Challenge--I hope you guys are having a great time on this project as much as I have. Well- still got something to show, I thought I was done but if you guys don't mind :) I decided to give my scene another shot but this time- I ported everything into the Cryengine. I'm really liking this engine and I think I'll temporarily use it until I get use to it- it's quite interesting learning the two game engines and trying to understand how their production pipelines works.

Well here's what I got and gonna have to thank Xerafel, I stole his floor grates idea- I really thought it was really neat add that he did that. ;]

WIPDeusExCorridorCryENGINE_08a.jpg

(other awesome pictures)

Well- I'll be still continuing this project for a good while- I really wanted to have a level running on both Unreal and Cryengine for testing purposes- I'll be posting additional shots of this level on my WIP portfolio thread- I actually expanded it a bit more- stay tuned ;]

O M G. You sir just made my day. I just finished installing DX:HR DC and now this. This is absolutely fabulous.
  • serriffe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    serriffe polycounter lvl 9
    Borgleader wrote: »
    O M G. You sir just made my day. I just finished installing DX:HR DC and now this. This is absolutely fabulous.

wow- thank you so much and very much appreciated! that reminds me, I gotta put the Director's Cut on my wish list :D
  • DennisGlowacki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DennisGlowacki polycounter lvl 7
    Had some time this past week over holiday break to finish this up. Big thanks to Fizzly for the floor design/texture layout idea!

Hallway.png