Replies

• Felixenfeu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Felixenfeu polycounter lvl 10
    anglorum wrote: »
    That's the cave pretty much finished! :D

g65Tz.gif

You should try a caustic generator for you caustics, would give a greater feel than the changing-size-stuff caustics you've got at the moment. It works great, it tiles, and it can easily be tweaked using video editing tools (AfterFX, etc.). I've used it a few times, and i see games using it or similar stuff all the time.

There : http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?shownews=4130&catid=68

Other than that i like where this goes. Great stuff here, the Yeticorn is awesome.
  • anglorum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anglorum polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks again guys for all your awesome support!

Felinxenfeu: Thanks for the suggested program, I downloaded it an messed around trying to get the animation to work on a cookie in unity, but I think I have to know a bit of coding to get that to work unfortunately. Maybe on the next project, it's definitely an awesome program to have in the arsenal though, so thanks man!

Here's the latest piece I've done, and it's probably going to be very close to the last one. The sappers for the cave area took me about 8 hours total to make.

BZHosKm.jpg

I think all I've got left is to add some more over the top explosives, and to adjust the composition and lighting for storytelling purposes surrounding the goblin king head. Then it'll be on to camera animation and recording! I'm so excited to wrap this one up guys. You've all been awesome in helping to push me further than I knew I could go on this project! Can't wait to show the final result.
  • anglorum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alrighty ladies and gents, I can't seem to get the player to embed correctly, so if anyone knows any solid tips about that, I'd be super grateful. In any case, here's the full diorama, set up and animatin and all that jazz. Feel free to test her out and let me know what you think!

I'll be doing a whole video and everything around it later in the weekend, which will hopefully have a bit of narrative to it. I'll also be putting up so breakdown sheets as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11630973/TestBuild/TestBuild.html

Thanks again everyone!
  • anglorum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here it is guys! The final product! After nearly a month and a half of blood sweat and long long LONNNNNNNNNNNNG nights, I've tied this puppy up and put a bow on her.

I'm so excited to share this with all of you.

Hope you all enjoy! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKLvvIMPO6A"]The Champion's Lodge - YouTube[/ame]
  • Rokugan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rokugan polycounter lvl 7
    This is really awesome! Congratz anglorum :D
  • mr gelmir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr gelmir polycounter lvl 10
    that's so cute and cool at the same time, it really feels like one of those story rides at a theme park.
    One point of criticism, if I may, was that I had envisioned the goblin explosives-setup somewhat more whacky and over the top, like stacked copies of the assets you have to reach the top of the cave.

thanks for the share =D
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Turned out nice, great job :D
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Hey dude! Way to finish strong! It turned out great, and you've made so much progress skill-wise since the beginning of the thread!

I would echo mr gelmir's sentiment on the explosives. I mean, why not, right? lol. Push it! You wanna end on a high note! :D

Also, I would say that we dwell on the close-up of the goblin in the basement for too long. I couldn't really tell if he was supposed to be conveying an idea or not, or whether it was just indistinct posing, but I think 5-6 seconds would do, rather than almost 20. (especially since this character's animation itself is one of the weaker aspects of the project as a whole, in my opinion. It doesn't have the same charm of the sleep or chest animations.) Perhaps you could use that time to play up the explosives.

It's been fun watching your progress. Can't wait to see what you do next!
  • anglorum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments and critiques.

I definitely see what you and Mr Gelmir, are talking about Jeremy, infact during the final composition editing process it kind of hit me that I could have put more in there, but I'd actually already iterated on the amount of explosives in the cave twice so I wasn't sure if maybe I was going overboard.

As for the character animation, I know what you mean, but unfortunately at this point in time I kind of lack the over all skills at animating to push that any further (I probably spent longer than I should have trying to polish it as it was) but yeah, maybe if I come back to it at some point I can fix that up. As for the length of time the camera is focused on him, that unfortunately was more just a lack of my directing skills haha, the length of the song was the exact length of the footage I wanted to shoot, and the focus on the goblins was the last shot in the project, so I wanted to finish on it, but yeah, it definitely sits a little long focused on those guys.

Again, thanks for the c and c guys. I'll definitely keep all this stuff in mind if I come back to this project, or for future projects moving forward. You all rock!
  • 87roach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    87roach polycounter lvl 5
    You rock man! Great work! I do agree with other points made here but I think now it's about what you can put into the next project.

I myself would like to see construction shots/textures/models/uvs, should you be putting those together at some point! And also any bits of info or tips on how you set things up that you would find useful to share, or potentially do next time.

Looking forward to what you do next!