Home General Discussion

Batman-Superman Movie

Replies

• HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    I'm digging it. Actually pretty surprised they went with the Frank Miller look AND pulled it off. I still kinda think this movie is going to be a disaster though.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    as long as they don't go with the Frank Miller ideas
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Honestly, I think this suit design is without a doubt the best looking one in a film yet. Affleck is going to do amazing. He certainly has the look down.

But that suit. The texture in it that really shows it some specially made material to stop knives and what not. Looks like a fiberglass type of of composition.
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    I'm really digging the way Batman looks and car is even better!
  • Anthony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthony polycounter lvl 2
    To be honest, i'm kinda on the fence about how they're going to do this movie, I watched The Dark Knight Returns, and the ONLY reasons Batman won that fight, was because Supes was weakened by lack of sun exposure (due to a nuclear winter), Bruce used Kryptonite, And finally, SUPERMAN HELD BACK!, If he'd wanted to, he could have CRUSHED Bruce with one hand, but he doesn't kill, so he didn't.

The ONLY way they could pull a fight off in the movie and make it convincing, is if Clark either holds back to the point that he's not using any power at all, or, he LETS Bruce win, and lets Bruce THINK he beat him.

Otherwise, as others have said, they could end up killing off the Superman Francise permanently if they get this wrong.

Personally, I think batman should lose. It's about time he did.
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    Ben affleck as batman feat. Matt damon as Robin.
    if only.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Anthony wrote: »
    To be honest, i'm kinda on the fence about how they're going to do this movie, I watched The Dark Knight Returns, and the ONLY reasons Batman won that fight, was because Supes was weakened by lack of sun exposure (due to a nuclear winter), Bruce used Kryptonite, And finally, SUPERMAN HELD BACK!, If he'd wanted to, he could have CRUSHED Bruce with one hand, but he doesn't kill, so he didn't.

The ONLY way they could pull a fight off in the movie and make it convincing, is if Clark either holds back to the point that he's not using any power at all, or, he LETS Bruce win, and lets Bruce THINK he beat him.

Otherwise, as others have said, they could end up killing off the Superman Francise permanently if they get this wrong.

Personally, I think batman should lose. It's about time he did.

I think they'll be at odds moreso mentally and strategically, I doubt it'll come to fisticuffs. And if it does, Batman always has ways to even the playing field.

I think the whole 'Batman vs superman' aspect won't be the primary story, but it'll instead focus on them working together against a bigger threat.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Superman fighting anyone has always been silly. He's a god, for all intents and purposes. You lose, next!

Any weaknesses are just conveniences written in so there can be more than 2 minutes of story. "What? Oh. Uhh ... Luthor has kryptonite crystals on his knuckles! Yeah, that's it!"
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    haha, any time superman and batman have gotten into a fight, it's guaranteed certainty that supes held back in some way.

even in the dark night returns (which was fantastic, by the way. and the graphic novel was even better).

you want to know what happens when superman doesn't hold back and gives zero fucks about anything?
    Superman_Prime+matando+a+Batman.jpg
    726288-prime_027_super-1.jpg
    1769810-sprimepr.png

he punches a hole from one reality into the next, burns batman up in the atmosphere just because he can. he melts wonderwoman with his heat vision, can escape from lantern corps prisons lined with kryptonite and radiated with the energy of a red sun.

3557626-1096755-135419_superman_prime_400.jpg

it takes the combined strength of multiple heroes and villains including other supermen from alternate universes to bring down a single superman once that one stops giving a fuck.

on top of that, it's confirmed, in print, that even with the presence of kryptonite, superman is still strong enough to paste batman:

3479050-8446737202-batma.jpg

throughout every single encounter where superman has been a "bad guy", it's been down to either magical influence or mind control turning him bad, and every time he's still had enough control over himself to not insta-nuke everything and every one. with the exception of superman prime (above) who actively and systematically traveled through universes by PUNCHING THROUGH THEM just to kill off the other heroes because he felt it wasn't fair that he was denied the life that other supermen had.

now, comic books aside: this movie is confirmed to be set in the same universe as man of steel. we all saw how supes not only flew through space, but also through buildings, we saw how kryptonian soldiers who hadn't spent their entire lives adapting to earths conditions could move almost at the speed of light (ie: faster than you could see, or think). bruce could be the most intelligent man on the planet, but if you can move at the speed of light, you need to be able to think, calculate, and react at that speed too, or you'll end up moving through everything instead of around it (and we've seen that supes can do that). so, not only is supes faster, stronger, and tougher than anything on this planet (and most things off of it) he's also smarter by a huge margin. and to top it all off, they already confirmed that kryptonite doesn't exist in this universe. so... what chance exactly does batman have here?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    fuck yeah! Design looks great!