• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Lol seriously?! Cant belive this whaaambulance syndrome. Im sure ben will do fine, have you guys seen the town?! Or gone baby gone. This guy know crime drama and can act. People bitched about heath ledger as the joker, anne hathaway as catwoman and the fact bane was a baddie in the last film all befpre actually seein it. Im guessig come 2 years from now everyone is going to to be served a heathly glass of shut the fuck up.
  • Boban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ben will ruin Batman for sure.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The internet craves minutia to chew on, and this is just the latest shiny bobble. Give it time, it'll pass. :)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    okay so i just saw Man of Steel for the first time. all my previous thoughts were based on reviews and stuff.

now i can say with concrete certainty, this movie is the worst idea in the history of super-movies. there is no way, no how, no hope in heaven or hell, that batman could even last a second against superman.

the way Faora was able to take down x amount of soldiers within seconds, due to moving at speeds faster than they can register? and we've got to remember here... Superman has spent 33+ years soaking up that yellow sun, Zod and co were only around for what... a couple of weeks at most in preparation? Zod managed to manifest abilities quickly due to his genetic pool and his enhanced training, but even the others were starting to get stronger throughout the film.

i honestly think the casting choice of batman is the thing people should be least worried about.
  • fadespell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    there is no way, no how, no hope in heaven or hell, that batman could even last a second against superman.

the bat could fight supervillains with powers and beat a team of them as long as = they're not gonna pass the wonderwoman strength threshold, above that like GL or the Sups he is not gonna last long.

besides, in the upcoming movie it is rumored he will acquire a kryptonyte shard from lex luthor to gain an upper hand on the Sups. he's not gonna fight him head on, thats nuts! and he knows its nuts!

as for ben affleck, you gotta give the guy a bit of a benefit of the doubt. he's actually getting taken seriously now, from his movie as a director The Town, and the Argus.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    copy/pasting what i said in skype, just cos it's easier:
    there's only ONE thing that will make it remotely plausable and i'm calling it right now.
    Bruce Wayne and/or Lex Luthor (probably both) manage to get hold of some of the Kryptonian wreckage, and reverse engineer Kryptonian atmospherics, and that's where Batman will "beat" Superman.
    except here's the thing - in Kryptonian atomsphere, superman is "as weak as a human"... a human who's built like a brick shit-house.
  • fadespell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yep, hes built like a brick shit-house, but his fighting prowess is only amplified by his super powers, without that he really is only your common brawler.

while the bat knows kung fu, just saying :)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    kung-fu bat was obliterated by Bane.

just saying.
  • fadespell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bane is not ordinary clark kent.

just saying. :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty u might wanna watch the animated dark knight returns part 1 and 2. That might change your opinion.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i read the graphic novel. it doesn't.

thing is, regardless of what this movie is going to be "inspired by". there is one plain and simple fact -

the man of steel flew through regular buildings, mountains, and alien spacecraft made of materials stronger and tougher than anything found on earth. and he could do so at speeds the human eye couldn't follow.

batman is just a man.

this movie will either kill the credibility of the man of steel, or batman, or both at the same time.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i read the graphic novel. it doesn't.

thing is, regardless of what this movie is going to be "inspired by". there is one plain and simple fact -

the man of steel flew through regular buildings, mountains, and alien spacecraft made of materials stronger and tougher than anything found on earth. and he could do so at speeds the human eye couldn't follow.

batman is just a man.

this movie will either kill the credibility of the man of steel, or batman, or both at the same time.

really!! Now you should really watch the animated dark knight returns part 2 especially.

Infact, also watch Justice league: Doom.

Thanks alot man, now I gotta watch all those movies to make myself believe how batman CAN kill superman.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Batman can't fight Superman, and I hope that isn't how they do this. Batman can however, invite Superman into a room pumped full of red radiation and Krypton's native atmosphere where he is weakened and mortal. Or he can use kryptonite, but that's honestly a terrible gimmick that I hope doesn't appear int he films.

The point is Batman will lose in a straight up fight with Superman, and that's always been obvious, be he can outsmart superman because he's a genius billionaire and Clark is just some guy from Kansas.

Also: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B96ctffVp8"]Super Cafe: Versus - YouTube[/ame]
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    yeah, clark is a guy from kansas who can think fast enough to react to speed of light situations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Superman
    Superhuman Intelligence – Superman possesses intellect that is beyond genius-level. People from Krypton already had genius-level intellect, being a society thousands of years ahead of Earth in technology. In the presence of a yellow sun, Superman's intelligence is further enhanced, giving him super intelligence and allowing his brain to operate faster than a supercomputer.[5] His intelligence has enabled him to create effective strategies and tactics when engaging enemies during situations that his powers alone can't get him out of.

not to mention, the reason Superman is "special" even among kryptonians in this particular universe, is that his cells contain the genetic blueprints of ALL kryptonians, in his own body houses the knowledge of krypton.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's a moot point, because superman has had many powers over the years, some ludicrous. Genius superman is one path to go, but it's rather bland. Why not just crown the guy and call it a day? Plus the codex is inside him, but is encoded in his DNA, not into his mind.

It's been stated multiple times in various comics and animations that Batman is a master tactician, which is what I believe should be carried over into this film. Superman is smart, and he can react fast, but Batman is always two steps ahead of his enemies. That's a must, otherwise you don't have a movie.
  • xalener
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xalener polycounter lvl 5
    Batman may not have the raw power, but he could and has planned circles around Superman.
  • Irreal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irreal polycounter lvl 10
    Batman has a contingency plan for every member of the Justice League. Superman included. Superman even told Batman to make sure of it in case he ever went rogue. Being that he's the most powerful weapon on the planet and all. It's pretty narrow minded to say that the fight is unrealistic or would never happen. It's comic book stuff. Having no super powers didn't stop Lex Luther from fighting Superman.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Having no super powers didn't stop Lex Luther from fighting Superman.
    Which, admittedly, has always been stupid. One punch, Luther is in outer space, problem solved for all time. Never happens, of course...
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Superman doesn't punch regular people. Even on Smallville he never just punched somebody.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess he would win too quickly and the comic would be 1 panel? This is the problem with Superman...
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AHHH YOU FRIGGIN GUYS YOU ALL WILL RUIN THIS MOMENT FOR ME BEFORE THE MOVIE COMES OUT:

here check this fight out closely and re assess your opinions:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GRG57PNdpg"]Superman vs Batman part 1 (The Dark Knight Returns) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Fw3zuu4-A"]Superman vs Batman part 2 (The Dark Knight Returns) - YouTube[/ame]

NOTE: I apologize for being a spoil but since we are talking about this, might as well post it.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
  • Bobby J Rice 3rd
    Thank God they took kryptonite out of the equation. That is the dumbest weakness I've Ever seen in a superhero.
  • Gnutmi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gnutmi polycounter lvl 10
    angry Hulk > Superman
  • xalener
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazyeyes wrote: »
    Thank God they took kryptonite out of the equation. That is the dumbest weakness I've Ever seen in a superhero.

They didn't take it out, they just explained it better. Pieces of rock irradiated by his Krypton's sun is poisonous to him because his metabolism is accustomed to ours. It's not scientifically bullet proof, but it's better than "it just hurts him lol idk."
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Kryptonite isn't that safe for humans either, at least according to the cartoon. There was an episode with a "Jade" Dragon statue that was believed to be cursed because everyone who owned it would die of a mysterious sickness. Turns out it was solid kryptonite giving them cancer.

If I have to suspend my disbelief that an alien can even look remotely human, I don't mind Kryptonite.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Kryptonite even gave Lex Luther cancer. so... yeah, it's not exactly the most sanitary of substances around.

and actually i prefer the explanation given in Man of Steel better than "lolz kryptonite!" by a large margin. you have:

small shard of planetary debris that hurts superman due to radiation (yet its half-life is so small that it stays around for a long time, and it's also not radioactive enough for them to cause any kind of critical mass).

vs

Krypton has a much harsher atmosphere than earths, which is one major reason for Superman's powers being able to manifest on earth. when introduced to Kryptonian atmospheric conditions (aboard the ship in space), Supermans body reacts violently and shuts down due to being unused to those conditions.

this also explains why the metal/objects from the ship themselves don't harm Superman, especially while he's flying through them on Earth, Zod was flying a ship that had been on earth and only had earths atmospherics when Superman flew into it, for example.

i dunno, it just makes more sense, to me.
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    ^ yep. Also, depending on the color here are the different effects they have on kryptonians. I hope most if not all make an appareance in the next superman movie.

Green- pain and kill in hours
    Red- random effects
    Gold- strips kryptonian powers
    White- kills all plant life
    Blue- kills Bizzaros
    Anti-Kryptonite- does the same as Green ones, only on normal people
    X-Kryptonite- gives temporary powers to humans
    Jewel Kryptonite- amplifies phychic powers
    Slow Kryptonite- slows speed
    Purple Kryptonite- gives Kryptonians mental/psychic powers
    Magno-Kryptonite- magnetically attracted to all substances originally from Krypton
    Bizarro Red Kryptonite-Affects humans the same way Red Kryptonite affects Kryptonians
    Pink Kryptonite- turns heterosexual Kryptonians into homosexuals
    Kryptonite-X or Kryptisium- actually... its really unclear as to the real purpose of what this is supposed to do so.. well at least it exists
    Black Kryptonite-splits a person or persons' personality into two separate entities
    Silver Kryptonite - A fictional variety of Kryptonite that was used in a hoax perpetrated by Superman's friends in honor of the 25th anniversary of Superman's arrival on Earth.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anti-Kryptonite- does the same as Green ones, only on normal people

So.. uranium?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Red - turns superman evil,
    Blue - increases supermans powers even more.

other than that, yeah the list...

i also like how they explained the solar radiation a little more, it wasn't just that the sun was yellow, it was younger and therefor gave off more energy than Kryptons sun. which would further explain why blue stars (for example) would increase his power more.
  • xalener
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't read any of the rebooted superman origin comics yet. Are these explanations adapted from the books or are they new for the film? Because if they're not, the books should start using them :p
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Sorry if you get upset, but American super heroes sucks hard hard, very hard (they always wear gay outfit :S, why?), and this movie will suck harder, like that one with ironman and thor.. come on, seriously?

Ben was daredevil... Batman vs Superman it's a nonsense, just for freaks imho. I watched ironman 3 the other day, and i said myself, "WTF is this shit?" north-american films are getting worse year after year.

I really hate to see how some authors disgrace some characters like Dredd with comics such as Dredd vs alien. Pathetic. that's not cool!

At least they don't have the intention of making a film of berserk...
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    berserk.... OMNOMNOMNOM
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    hahaha that's pretty funny.

here's the other funny thing, in Injustice: Gods Among Us, superman beats superman. batman does not. in fact, batman gets his ass handed to him by less powerful heroes.
  • xalener
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you really citing a Mortal Kombat reskin as a reliable source on the matter?
  • tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8BaVKUoUGo"]Ben Affleck Tells Parenting Stories, Talks Batman - YouTube[/ame]

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
  • jdevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jdevin polycounter lvl 18
    xalener wrote: »
    Are you really citing a Mortal Kombat reskin as a reliable source on the matter?

Considering the entire story of injustice went through many rewrites by the DC writers and DC also published the Injustice storyline as comics. Yeah, it could be taken as an example. Additionally, while the story isn't cannon it is a part of the DC multi-verse.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I'm really loving the rumours that Bieber is going to be Robin. I'm pretty sure that's nonsense though.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah there was no truth to that. I'm cool with Affleck, looking forward to seeing what comes of this.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    awesome, love the short ears!
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ode to Miller's design.

NotoDark_Knight.jpg
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    I like it! I like the short ears, I like the tank/car hybrid batmobile, I like the pouches and I like ripped Affleck for the role.

Not a big fan of the stubby emblem though.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Awesome! This pic is getting me excited. They really went with The Dark Knight Returns design. I think it looks great.

Also, even though it's clearly fake/padded muscles, it looks far less rubber-molded than all the other film versions, which is a nice change of pace.
  • Octo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Octo polycounter lvl 17
    I really like the look overall..but I'm not a fan of the stubby ears.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm super excited they are going the Dark Knight Returns design. It's always been my favorite. I love the stalky, muscular, Batman with short ears and bulky emblem.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    ErichWK wrote: »
    Ode to Miller's design.

NotoDark_Knight.jpg

I can only imagine what Freud would have thought of this.