Home General Discussion

Tom Clancy's The Division - Ubisoft Massive

Replies

• Stinger88
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I was watching that earlier, and felt like it was a lot closer to the E3 presentation (which people have been bitching about)
  • Stinger88
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    The game looks goooood :D.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Exciting times!!! Its finally here. Out either today or tomorrow depending on where you are in the world.

Not wanting to showing off or anything. Just want to share how cool the perks of the job are in the games industry. This is what I came home with today :)

(...ok, maybe a little bit of showing off...)
    Well done to all the Greentooth's involved in the Dev and to Massive and the other studios involved.

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jealous! My gold edition should be here tomorrow... can't wait
  • PollySong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PollySong polycounter lvl 14
    I almost just bought this because it looks so good (and I want it to be good, sounds good on paper), but then I read the steam reviews and decided not to. Anyone here like it?
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews on this game as well. I have to filter out all of the poor reviews just because they think that "Ubisoft lied to us on the graphics." A lot of people are saying that it gets repetitive quickly and there isn't much to break that up. Or that it relies too heavily on PvP and if you aren't into that, then this game just doesn't work.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So far I'm enjoying it. I think the graphics (on a PS4) look better than the beta. When the opening cutscene ended, and it starts by looking at the back of my character, I said "wow, this looks so much better". My wife looked up and said, "that's the video game?!". She thought it was a cutscene. Well done guys.

The only thing I haven't enjoyed, is the stack of friends playing it, and making our parties REALLY loud, and some of them jumping into my game, when I'm trying to play at my own pace. I want to hear the story, and not have someone come in and run through the game, at a faster pace... or stopping because they are looking at their inventory. I know I can lock the join option, but didn't want to friends to get pissy too.
    What made it worse was my friend who had been playing for 19 hours. He jumped into my game, as a level 16, and unfortunately, the game bumped the enemies up to level 11. Since I was only a level 4, they were crushing me. I was getting one hit killed.

Once he left our group, everything leveled off again, and I was able to do one more mission, before calling it a night. Still haven't touched the dark zone, until I rank a little more. I can't wait until this weekend, to spend some quality time in it.
  • RaptorCWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RaptorCWS polycounter lvl 11
    PollySong said:
    I almost just bought this because it looks so good (and I want it to be good, sounds good on paper), but then I read the steam reviews and decided not to. Anyone here like it?
    I like it. i would suggest watching twitch streams of it vs steam reviews. a ton of the negative ones i saw had like 0.6 hours or less or they were negative reviews because the server crashed at launch.
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    is there any point to buying on pc compared to console?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada said:
    is there any point to buying on pc compared to console?
    Better graphics, but honestly, I'm playing on the PS4, and I think it looks amazing
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

RaptorCWS said:
    PollySong said:
    I like it. i would suggest watching twitch streams of it vs steam reviews. a ton of the negative ones i saw had like 0.6 hours or less or they were negative reviews because the server crashed at launch.
    Not to mention there are still a lot of people butthurt over the E3 presentation, and what they 'thought' the game should do. It seems to me that people are still writing reviews based on the beta, and they have not actually purchased the game. Not to mention, it feels like it's become the 'cool' think, to trash the game, based on nothing more than what others have said.

I also still see complaints about 'bullet sponge' enemies, because they expect enemies to drop like an FPS. They don't seem to understand how RPGs work.
  • Cay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    I decided not to buy it.. mostly by judging the beta experience and people who told me that it hasn't changed that much from the beta.
    I feel like they got an awesome setting here, the art is amazing and amount of detail put into it. But that's about it really, I feel like they are not really making use of their environments (in "coop/singleplayer"). You just end up rushing through them at some point because there's really not so much to do and explore.
    After an initial wow it get's boring too soon.

I'm also a little disappointed about the story, it's not what I had hoped for.
    I guess this game is mostly about its multiplayer and that's just not my type of game. I enjoyed playing in the Dark Zone during the beta but I don't think I'd want to spend more time grinding equipment.
    But that's a good thing! I really need the time for my art anyway.