TitanFall

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    frell wrote: »
    Call of duty mech mod with the same dated engine

Seriously do you ever stop being a complete douche?

It isn't even the same engine. Titanfall is running and built around Source.

Also with having to hit 60fps you do realize some things are given up graphically to attain a higher fps.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    played a few games last night, its basically amazing!
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    So excited when I checked my email since I just got a key!

Anybody know how long the beta lasts? I'm unfortunately very busy this weekend so I don't think I'll get a chance to try the game out.
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    ... searching high and low for a PC beta key, got sent a xbox one key by EA when I entered for the PC /sigh. Anyone have a spare ... hit me up and ill be eternally grateful.
  • Stormfreek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh wrote: »
    ... searching high and low for a PC beta key, got sent a xbox one key by EA when I entered for the PC /sigh. Anyone have a spare ... hit me up and ill be eternally grateful.

They have been having some issues, rest assured a pc key will be sent your way!

Try this work around as well:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/titanfall-beta-code-platform-issue-and-workaround/
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers just saw that linked on Twitter, tried it ... no response yet.
  • commador
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    I got a beta code. I'm interested to see how things changed from the alpha. If anyone would like to play this weekend I'm up for it. EDIT. Xbox One. tag = b16eg8
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Seriously do you ever stop being a complete douche?

It isn't even the same engine. Titanfall is running and built around Source.

Also with having to hit 60fps you do realize some things are given up graphically to attain a higher fps.
    I'm not a complete douche just partial, but only because I'm not happy with where games are going. So sure I could say "looks great!" and just get out of the thread to be nice to anyone on this forum who may have been involved but I prefer being blunt because most of you aren't actually gamers. The art assets look great, anyone who took part great job.

Wasn't this game made by the remaining IW team after MW2? I've heard they're using the same engine as COD tons of times but never really investigated.

It looks just like CODs engine also so it was totally believable. And for the record COD's engine looks great for last gen. Killzone looks much better and also runs at 60fps (since you mentioned reducing quality)
    ZacD wrote: »
    The 60 FPS 1080p video makes it apparent that this game is built around running on the Xbox 360, it looks like just another port.
    He sees what I see^

As for my honest opinion (but lets be real here no one cares) it just looks like COD with mechs which means I'll hate it but I can SEE how others may enjoy it. Not to mention it has no single player which is great because they can put more work into multiplayer, but if its still $60 it better have over 30 maps or ill laugh quietly. Just found out EA is involved, $60 makes sense now, and by makes sense I mean EA logic

Have multiplayer games run out of formulas or are developers just not into taking risks and trying new things? I guess we'll leave that up to the indies.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frell... ok I can respect that.
  • MeshModeler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
    Its fun. $60 not so sure. aesthetically it looks a little outdated to me with the low rez texture, but its understandable if their main goal was for the game to be at 60fps.

For me it would be like cod, id pick it up for a week straight and then just put on the shelf till some friends wanna play multiplayer

if source ever got pbr, im sure id look hot
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I prefer being blunt because most of you aren't actually gamers.

Hahahah, what? What arbitrary rules do you have to abide by to be an actual gamer?
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    So I got my PC key this morning. Got to play two matches over lunch. Unfortunately I had some HORRIBLE mouse input error. Hopefully it's caused by my two monitors.

Art vise I think it's jaw dropping. I love the broken houses and structures I saw on one map.
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    Hahahah, what? What arbitrary rules do you have to abide by to be an actual gamer?

i think you misinterpreted that.
    what hes saying is that this is not neogaf and he doesn´t have to keep his PR-mask up as a person working in the industry.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Goeddy wrote: »
    i think you misinterpreted that.
    what hes saying is that this is not neogaf and he doesn´t have to keep his PR-mask up as a person working in the industry.

Err I doubt he thinks that. I took it as that we (besides him) here apparently, are just robots who just makes video games rather than plays them.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think a lot of developers will view a game differently than your average gamer mainly because developers understand how much work goes into making games. I know personally, I spend half my time looking at art assets whenever I play games whereas the average gamer wouldn't think twice about things that aren't the primary focus. I don't think saying that developers are not "gamers" was the proper term though.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I remember being very underwhelmed at the first announcement of the game, and not being excited about it visually due to mis-matched texture resolutions, some blurries, high noise content, and having a similar rendering style to modern-military-combat games.

After the last video they released my tune changed quite a bit due to obvious progress made, and with how fun the game looked. Went from "meh" to "I must play!"

Signed up for beta, hoping to get in!
  • Stirls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    I can guarantee after playing this game, and being legitimately worried about it being a CoD clone, it's absolutely not. Feels nothing like it. The addition of AI doing little things around the field (I think I saw one administering medicine to another injured unit), it just really gives it that little push.

It's also possible to actually take cover in Titanfall, a welcome relief from the magic-bullet esque play of those terrible Call of Duty games. Looks beautiful though. They did a great job. Incredibly immersive, too!

6WqDF.jpg

I actually saw a bunch of Grunts sweep-and-clear a room, which really got the milsim in me going.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like Green Man Gaming is giving out discount codes for Titanfall so you can grab a copy for $50 instead of $60. I think you just have to be subscribed to their newsletter to get one.

I've got a bunch of discount codes but I probably won't pick up Titanfall at launch so anybody here can grab a discount code if they want. There's also the weekly 20% off code which can be used on other upcoming games in case somebody wanted to buy a different game.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/titanfall/

$10 off Titanfall coupons:

YJJAT0-R1OG4H-MOTSCA
    I44B39-RONU7U-WQM517
    VQVPZW-L4AV7Q-8WA5O3
    6A091K-1ZCCL9-VUB75Y

Other 20% off:
    OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1

Going to redeem my Titanfall beta key tonight and hopefully I'll have time to get a game in.

EDIT: I believe those codes are valid until February 21st in case anybody planned on using them.
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mazz423 polycounter lvl 9
    Well I got my proper beta key now, but it would seem the servers are down, guess they're doing maintenance, hopefully I'll be able to get online at some point tomorrow.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson wrote: »
    So I got my PC key this morning. Got to play two matches over lunch. Unfortunately I had some HORRIBLE mouse input error. Hopefully it's caused by my two monitors.

Art vise I think it's jaw dropping. I love the broken houses and structures I saw on one map.
    I haven't been able to play yet since the servers are down atm but in the options double buffered v-sync is enabled by default. Make sure to disable it or else you'll most likely get tons of input lag.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Stirls wrote: »

6WqDF.jpg

Looks cool but good god how big are those flower petals at the bottom of the screen? Are they falling in front of the player or are they on the ground? Because they look like each petal is a foot long.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I truly am interested. Though...

Other than the PC price (charging console pricing for a PC game.. they must have been taking notes from Activision), one concern I have after all the complaints I have heard.

Will they actively battle hacking, or after the first few months stop patching it and let the community fall apart? Don't say that depends on popularity. MW+ was popular, and it seems thats the way those titles ended up.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There was a thread a while back that asked how much time you guys spend playing games or something like that, most of the replies were that many of you "played" games, as in walked through them and looked around at the art. But most of your free time is spent on art/learning more which is totally cool also.

Difference is what Todd Howard said, great games are played not made. We can pretend every game posted here is going to be amazing but then how do we comfort those affected by layoffs? We were so sure they'd do great... right? I've bought many games that I regret buying within hours of buying them. Eventually I just began to look at every new title as a skeptic and its working well. In the current gaming industry if it looks great its either not great or an indie title, and if its indie odds are its been overshadowed by big publishers so it wont get the attention it deserves.
    aajohnny wrote: »
    Err I doubt he thinks that. I took it as that we (besides him) here apparently, are just robots who just makes video games rather than plays them.
    No I just think many of you live normal lives, have families, and enjoy your careers so you don't really need games as an escape. You enjoy working and learning more which again is great
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No I just think many of you live normal lives, have families, and enjoy your careers so you don't really need games as an escape. You enjoy working and learning more which again is great

TRUST ME IF YOU ARE MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS YOU NEED AN ESCAPE!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I think calling people who game non-gamers is the most rediculous thing you can do...... not everyone here is a hardcore gamer, sure. but that doesnt mean they arent gamers. someone who plays farmville all day is still a gamer....
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    He wants to call you a filthy casual, but realizes it's a phrase only used ironically now. The sentiment behind it is there though - derision that you aren't as involved in his hobby the exact same way he is involved.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    filthy casuals hate titanfall, this game is for true gamers!

edit: but the true irony here is that frell wants to use a crowd of aged veteran gamers as some kind of reference of what true gamers like, which is a horrible idea because you'll find these aged veteran gamers love to play titanfall.

It's a true talent to recognize when the flaws of game actually comes from mistmatching in ones own personal preference.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Cant freaking wait. If it is just as butter-smooth as Blops2 was, this is enough to make me extremely excited. I do hope that the bots aspect of the game will be unlockable down the line tho.

It's hard to not get excited when someone like Drift0r reacts like this :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjUqjxw3tuo"]Titanfall Gameplay - First Game & Impressions (Beta on Xbox One LAN) - YouTube[/ame]

For those not familiar with this channel : Driftor's In Depth videos are pretty much the most accurate, well researched and objective reports one can find about FPS game mechanics. This guy looks at the actual code, wepon data and engine specifics of a game in order to make the most accurate observations about gameplay, movement and weapon behavior. Down to subjects like how the underlying Quake engine relates drawn frames to rate of fire - which he then discusses with actual devs. This is pretty much one of the most reliable sources around when it comes to getting good unbiased info on FPSes. And the guy is freaking excited :)
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Not majorly fussed about it - am looking more forward to Destiny, although I will say the visuals are stunning :)

In regards to the comment about gamers being 'gamers', I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore gamer at all, I'll have a day or 2 where I session them and try to catch up (just finished the 2nd Uncharted and started the third as well as Bioshock Infinite, am way behind :D) Would just rather spend more time on work.
  • mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fells a bit like Call of Duty (all in good ways) but the movement on foot is totally different, every wall can be scaled, every window a possible door.

The Titans are awesome but, not over powered the balance is about right I think.

Can't wait to check out the "Campaign multiplayer" to see what its all about.

I really love the art too the environments just look really nice.
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0NNYquid polycounter lvl 5
    EA apparently loves me, got 2 more PC beta keys today, first come first serve, just shoot me a PM.

EDIT: Sorry guys, codes are all spoken for!
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    I think calling people who game non-gamers is the most rediculous thing you can do...... not everyone here is a hardcore gamer, sure. but that doesnt mean they arent gamers. someone who plays farmville all day is still a gamer....
    ysalex wrote: »
    He wants to call you a filthy casual, but realizes it's a phrase only used ironically now. The sentiment behind it is there though - derision that you aren't as involved in his hobby the exact same way he is involved.

I'm a casual gamer nowadays anyway, I just meant I easily feel small changes in games that effect the overall design for me. At least back when I nolifed them.

Just saying Titanfall is nothing new, its call of duty with a brush of halo reach from everything I've seen. We don't need another COD, especially under EA's belt. Be prepared to most likely initially be ripped off by the game being $60, then numerous map packs, and then a new Titanfall every year. It's not so much the game I have an issue with this time around as whats going to be done with it. The new generation of gamers that never played anything similar will probably really enjoy this but EA will have them in the palm of their hand.
  • Rayph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rayph polycounter lvl 13
    Pior- That guy really hit the nail on the head about Titanfall, this game really is more like quake than anything and I could not love it more for that very reason.

I keep playing the beta telling myself to stop and wait for the full release but it's really to much damn fun. So great to play an fps again that focuses the gameplay on movement and not just aiming, brings me back to the glorious days of Starsiege Tribes.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm a casual gamer nowadays anyway, I just meant I easily feel small changes in games that effect the overall design for me. At least back when I nolifed them.

Just saying Titanfall is nothing new, its call of duty with a brush of halo reach from everything I've seen. We don't need another COD, especially under EA's belt. Be prepared to most likely initially be ripped off by the game being $60, then numerous map packs, and then a new Titanfall every year. It's not so much the game I have an issue with this time around as whats going to be done with it. The new generation of gamers that never played anything similar will probably really enjoy this but EA will have them in the palm of their hand.

If you've played Titanfall it actually feels a bit different than COD believe it or not... at least to me. The game isn't even out yet and you are throwing out these "predictions". I wouldn't feel ripped off if I were to spend $60 on this game, because I played it and enjoyed it and I personally am not a huge COD fan myself. Will EA do what COD has been doing? who knows but I wouldn't just say these things without even playing it.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    As someone who hasn't played a single COD this is right up my alley as fresh and exciting, especially since I love slow mechs and playing the stealthy characters. Sounds like this game fills all my needs.

Gosh darnit I applied twice and still no key XD Surprised it doesn't have a "You've already applied" thing.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18

There's a huge amount of EA in your post about a product that is owned by an independent studio.

I'll hop on the whiny-boat when respawn gets bought up by EA and titanfall enters their domain, until then I'll (much as everyone else) see titanfall as a fantastic new thing and respawn as a studio worth supporting.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    I haven't read every post here. I know Frell's opinion...because he pretty much always has the same opinion about everything.
    I got a PC key from a friend at Respawn and I played a couple of matches last night. My impressions:
    The game is DAMN FUN.
    The art looks nice, though admittedly I haven't really stopped and really looked around too closely...I was a little busy running along walls and fighting GIANT ROBOTS.
    The texture resolution on the Titan interiors is pretty low-rez, though...which makes me a little sad. I'm hoping it's just a product of it still being beta (there's also only 1 model for all 3 titan classes ATM)

I'd like to speak to this point:

It does feel a lot like COD. It has a lot of the fun elements that made COD successful - without being the tired overplayed and watered down thing that COD has kind of become.I think that saying this game is similar to COD (which you treat like a bad word) and leaving that as the last word on your argument with no further explanation does a disservice to the game.

Respawn isn't owned by EA. To my knowledge the have a publishing agreement and nothing else. I couldn't tell you who owns the rights to the IP, but I'm gonna be hopeful and say that I don't expect Titanfall to iterate itself into a joke the way COD has done.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld wrote: »
    There's a huge amount of EA in your post about a product that is owned by an independent studio.
    Was unaware they needed to be wholly owned, always thought bad publishers breathe down developers necks and push harsh deadlines, meaning cutting great features from design or halfassing them and lowering the quality of the product overall.
    Will EA do what COD has been doing? who knows but I wouldn't just say these things without even playing it.
    I'd rather hope for the worst and be proven wrong
    I wouldn't feel ripped off if I were to spend $60 on this game, because I played it and enjoyed it and I personally am not a huge COD fan myself.
    I hate to be harsh here, but are you saying this because you'll honestly get more than 10-20 hours out of it or are you saying it because you know that $60 will go to your friends paychecks in the industry? And don't take that the wrong way. From what I've seen the content scale of the game is comparable to chivalry or war of the roses, neither going over $25
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    reverendK wrote: »
    which makes me a little sad. I'm hoping it's just a product of it still being beta (there's also only 1 model for all 3 titan classes ATM)

It's three default load-outs for one titan frame, so only one type of titan is in the beta/demo.

I've also heard the textures are lowered for the beta.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hate to be harsh here, but are you saying this because you'll honestly get more than 10-20 hours out of it or are you saying it because you know that $60 will go to your friends paychecks in the industry? And don't take that the wrong way. From what I've seen the content scale of the game is comparable to chivalry or war of the roses, neither going over $25
    Not harsh just an incredibly stupid assumption. I don't know anybody working at Respawn. I actually enjoy the game and see myself playing it plenty...If I didn't like the game I wouldn't even bother posting in this thread. From what you've seen is just the BETA and not everything is in the game. You have to just get off your COD and EA hate train and stop assuming things... especially if you never even played the game. If you actually played it that's one thing.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    From what you've seen is just the BETA and not everything is in the game.
    Its 2014, betas are more of a marketing ploy now
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Anyone have a spare key :D
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    but are you saying this because you'll honestly get more than 10-20 hours out of it or are you saying it because you know that $60 will go to your friends paychecks in the industry? And don't take that the wrong way. From what I've seen the content scale of the game is comparable to chivalry or war of the roses, neither going over $25

First off, $60 is pretty cheap, game prices haven't kept up with the rate of inflation or the cost of development. In the 80's, forking out $40 for a NES cartridge was a lot more painful than $60 for a game today.

Second, since when does anyone only get 10-20 hours out of multiplayer? If it's "just a COD clone with mechs", the average CoD player invests 170 hours into that franchise every year.
    Was unaware they needed to be wholly owned, always thought bad publishers breathe down developers necks and push harsh deadlines, meaning cutting great features from design or halfassing them and lowering the quality of the product overall.

Well since you're a gamer, you must know more about it than those of us who have worked for EA. :P
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have to get work done atm so I can't get to my gaming PC but from the sound of it, the servers are finally back online.

I don't see a problem with games having similar mechanics to Call of Duty. CoD has done many great things for the gaming industry such as:
    -Created a fluid and universal control scheme that can work with many if not most modern games

-Proved smooth gameplay is more important than graphics

-Proved that listening to your community will make your game more popular (as seen with youtubers like Drift0r and the reddit community, along with the new Ghosts DLC which basically turned a fan favorite custom game into an official gametype)

Sure bad things have happened because CoD has become popular, but if other devs want to borrow from an existing formula then put their own touch on it, why not accept it if it makes the game better?

The great thing about video games is that there are many different kinds of games to choose from. I spend most of my gaming time playing Counter-Strike:Global Offensive with my clan at the moment and so I enjoy taking occasional breaks to pick up easier or less tactical games like Call of Duty.

That being said, I would prefer if the industry took my risks like in older generations of games, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy current games.

I was just about ready to give up gaming in 2012 because as a PC gamer, I was getting tired of getting shafted by shitty ports from devs and there was nothing interesting on consoles to occupy me for more than a week. Black Ops 2 literally re-vitalized my love for gaming, it was the greatest PC port of a game I have played in many years and it is one of the only PC games I've seen in modern times that has absolutely no issues with cheaters.

If Titanfall is even half as good as Black Ops 2, then Respawn is getting my $60 for sure.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its 2014, betas are more of a marketing ploy now
    Yeah I bet they'll ship with 2 maps. Betas are to test a lot of different things believe it or not, why would they market a unfinished product? especially their own?
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Second, since when does anyone only get 10-20 hours out of multiplayer? If it's "just a COD clone with mechs", the average CoD player invests 170 hours into that franchise every year.
    Was talking about polycounters not die hard cod fans, I know they'll eat this game up lol
    Well since you're a gamer, you must know more about it than those of us who have worked for EA. :P
    You guys would just feel art deadlines though not changes to the design right? How involved are artists (usually) in the development outside of art?
    Yeah I bet they'll ship with 2 maps. Betas are to test a lot of different things believe it or not, why would they market a unfinished product? especially their own?
    Obviously not only 2 maps, but most betas I've played especially 1 month before release don't change much at all. Sure you don't have all the guns/skins/mechs now but thats all they've held out.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    What specifically is it you're hoping they might change in the 1 month they have until release? The beta is a vertical slice. We're helping them find bugs, test servers, and gameplay flow. I don't know how many maps they'll have in the end - or how many more weapons or loadouts or character models...i'm just certain there will be more than is in the beta. I don't see ANY showstopping problems with the gameplay. It's quite fun. I intend to buy it and play it a great deal. (i'm a big EA hater, by the way. This is currently the only reason i have Origin installed on my computer, and the only game installed by it).
    The game is fun, the art looks good - adding more of both will only be better. What specifically is your gripe frell?
    if you just harp more about how much it looks like COD+mechs (again, not ENTIRELY accurate, and also not a bad thing) I'm very prepared to discount pretty much anything you have to say at this point.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obviously not only 2 maps, but most betas I've played especially 1 month before release don't change much at all. Sure you don't have all the guns/skins/mechs now but thats all they've held out.
    I don't think you should try comparing one game's beta state to another game's beta state though. That's like comparing apples and oranges because each studio does things differently.

The only recent game beta that didn't drastically change the game from what I can recall is the BF4 beta as the game was still a mess at launch (although not as big of a mess as it could have been.)

There are many more betas that have improved the game drastically, just look at Counter-Strike (or any Valve game for that matter.) Better yet, look at the CoD4 beta since Titanfall is being made by many members of the original IW team. It took place very close to the game's release and ended up changing the game greatly for the better.

It makes no sense to say that running a beta won't change the game at all. I mean, if it didn't change the game, why even have a beta in the first place? There is a higher chance of somebody disliking a game's beta then avoiding the game based on that single experience versus somebody purchasing a game based on enjoying the beta. If it was solely just a marketing ploy, wouldn't it make more sense to just market the game in other ways that are less dangerous to the studio?
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have to say I like it allot. This is from someone who is tired out of CoD, (W@W 500+ hours, mw2 450+ hours, mw3 150+ hours, blackops 250+ hours, blackops 2 150+ hours and unknown but I would guestimate a good 700 hours in Cod4). I am their target audience and yes I will have to say I really do like the beta which is limited maps, weapons and titans.

People will always hate and compare it to previous incarnations of games... what ever.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Haha yay, got picked. Started to think I was unlucky. Argh guess I'll play it later tonight, work calls but very much looking forward to it! This is the Source engine right? Been ages since I touched Source!