Home General Discussion

Yiynova msp19u Cintiq Alternative

Replies

• Zpanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zpanzer polycounter lvl 8
    Dataday wrote: »
    Not sure what you are talking about here. What does 1600x900 have to do with a 24"?

If you mean the Lenovo, its not 24".

Apple has no more larger LCD resolutions than anyone else is capable of. They get their LCDs from LG and Samsung.

The reason many dont go above 150-200 dpi is that depending on the size of the screen, its just wasted.

Retina Display is more or less a marketing gimmick used by Apple.

Check out this article: http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/10/3226295/news-flash-surface-pro-has-a-better-retina-display-than-the-ipad

Usually 24" desktop displays are at atleast a 1080p resolution, thats why I'm comparing it to them.
    I'd say that retina displays are not just gimmicky, they are badass for people who like to have as much real estate when working with applications where the UI usually takes up much space(read 3Ds Max, Maya, Photoshop). I would love to have my 26" monitors 2560x1440 resolution home on my 24".
  • mastershokhan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the review Owl. We appreciate it.

Just got mine today

I'm a simple man. I just want to draw and sculpt on a monitor. Well this yiynova is great! It works like it's supposed to! I agree with all other positive reviews. I recommend it.
    Example line work

shark_zps3afcab10.jpg

@OrganizedChaos exactly!
  • OrganizedChaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OrganizedChaos polycounter lvl 17
    Seems like if you go through and read all the reviews they make a pretty accurate sum of the product. I found this one pretty informative (as well as having links to the other reviews)
    http://3drips.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/a-word-about-the-yiynova-msp19u/
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Thanks for all the links and reviews folks, looks like I am getting on over the summer. :)
  • KarlWrang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KarlWrang polycounter lvl 6
    Massive props for the review! We definitely appreciate it :)

I've been thinking about getting one for a couple of months now since I'd like to get back into drawing again.
    Sucks that new version is out of stock atm.

btw: Does anyone know when they might be in stock again?
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I think I will be saving up for a while but will eventually get something like this!
  • mastershokhan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @KarlWrang "shipment (100+) by sea in early Feb)

@ Ged If you wait until July/August they mentioned a battery free version

info source: The Panda City facebook page
  • DHsieh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love to get one of these, but unfortunately their EU prices are a bit crazy. The 19-inch version costs $499 in the US and 599€ in Europe. Not cool Yiynova, not cool.

I guess I will have to wait for these Lenovo screens. I'm not sure how responsive they will be though. The wireless version seems to be slightly laggy, as seen here:

CES2013: First look at Lenovo's wireless portable monitor - YouTube

I would like to explain to you for price different between USA and Europe. USA market price will be cheaper than Europe. But we all know that the living cost in Europe is much higher than USA, beside that, shipping cost (by airshipment from Asia to Holland), labour cost, taxation cost, logistic cost, and VAT cost (one of the key issue). Another reason is that USA side won’t provide any after service for any goods sold to outside of USA. But we provide 2 years warranty for display and one year for pen in Europe. I think it is easy to see and compare price in between base on above explanation. I sincerely hope that above explanation is clear and let you understand well for the difference in between. David from Yiynova Europe.
  • KonginChains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KonginChains polycounter lvl 12
    this is great and all, but incompatibility with wacom drivers is a big loss for me as i plan on purchasing the yiynova for a cheaper price as long as i can still get to use my intous 5. As you said its pressure sensitivity doesn't work with 64bit photoshop, so a backup tablet like the intous would be a great thing to have. Would you know of a fix soon? Is the functionality any different if you installed the wacom drivers after the yiynova tablets are installed?
  • snoops3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snoops3d polycounter lvl 12
    konginchains: check out the link
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HJydik9dk0"]Drawing with the MSP19U Interactive Pen Tablet from Yiynova - YouTube[/ame]
    says he is using CS6, clearly has pressure sensitivity. Hope thats helpfull
  • LordSebbington
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordSebbington polycounter lvl 6
    I just heard about Yiynova this morning and also found the Ray Frenden review (He got me onto the 19" Monoprice tablet which is excellent), now I see this thread on Polycount. Looks like I'm saving for a Yiynova then.

One question: Does anyone have any experience using a DVI/HDMI cable and VGA converter with their tablet?

I've run 20 metres of DVI through to my living room to try get out the home office in the evenings. VGA is useless at that length due to signal aberrations and ghosting, so I need a digital signal. It's probably a long shot but that's my only concern.

Also, based on the Frenden videos I'd recommend a monitor mount too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSV3EWPaDnY"]Hand Lettering on the MSP19U - YouTube[/ame]

I plan on having mine just next to the sofa on the arm so I can sketch and relax.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Bosto has been around for awhile. It all stems from the same rebranded generic yiynova monitor. Meaning both Yiynova and Bosto are getting their parts from the same group.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bosto has been around for awhile. It all stems from the same rebranded generic yiynova monitor. Meaning both Yiynova and Bosto are getting their parts from the same group.
    Even so, the specs between them are different enough to warrant a look.
  • Chai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chai polycounter lvl 17
    Nice, ye looking to get one of these very soon as well
    Might be just me but the price seems to have gone up a bit
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6

intresting, thanks for the tip as I was looking at the bosto, considering its the same price guess ill just look towards price and warranty.
  • snoops3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snoops3d polycounter lvl 12
    I own the msp19U and I love it for the most part. The issue for me is the tn panel its not an ips panel, they just pre-released the mvp22U a 21.5 inch version and Frenden (probably the most respected reviewer of this tablet and others) gave it a pretty terrible review. Yiynova contacted him asked him to work with them on a revised MVP22 so it will probably include an ips panel. Heres the link

http://frenden.com/post/57384128031/good-news