Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] - Silencer - Inquisitor

Replies

• Welbig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So the purple is final then? Can you give me a link?
  • Welbig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah it's not the best thing that could have happened but it's just a recolor and I'll play with the helm some since it hasn't been too popular. I'll toy around with the coloring and make it look good. The biggest thing is the marketing images lol, I'll have to set those up again. Texturing and modeling is fun, the presentation is the annoying part haha.
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    Just make sure to not resubmit anything until after the results.
  • Welbig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Changed the coloring to the new purple. Started work on the new helm that I'll add to the set. Dropped the crown idea after giving it a try and seeing that it just didn't work. I'm working on a version of the helm that has a cowl over it instead. Here is the new/temporary art I have up. I'll get images with the real purple textures once the new helm is done. The screens are all from Dota 2 Test with the new purple textures. Sorry I would have waited until the contest was over but I have been getting too many posts asking about the change.

9548047_orig.jpg
    4116216_orig.jpg
    5037480_orig.jpg
    8578308_orig.jpg
  • xandriusx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks very nice with the new color, gj.

I'm wondering wth will happen with all the silencer sets uploaded to the workshop. I hope Valve says something soon.
  • Welbig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Agreed, my luck I'll regret changing it because something will come along saying I didn't have to but I was getting enough posts asking about the color change that I felt it was better for me to change it sooner rather than later.
  • Dewzie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a shame about the feedback on the helm as it's one of my favourite parts of the set.

Even if you didn't need to change the colour right now you would eventually, and the sooner you change it the sooner they can add it to the game :). It's nice to see what it looks like with the new colour scheme anyway. I imagine it'd also look pretty badass in white too.
  • Welbig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I'm still not pumped about it not being red anymore. My nightmare right now is that I'll get some post saying that I could have left it red. I think the helm looked much better in red. In purple it doesn't make as much sense. Right now I'm working cutting the top off the helm and putting a hood over it. Should look pretty good and tie in the theme with the new color a bit better than the current helm. Again I'm not going to replace the current helm just add another to the set so there are options. I wouldn't be doing it if I hadn't had to change the color. The original helm just looks too good in my mind in the red and gold set. It was a plated bishop hat; that is bad ass.